GS - 1st Gen (1993-1997) Discussion about the first generation GS300

Anybody have an exhaust diagram for out cars?

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-02, 05:42 PM
SLVRGS
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anybody have an exhaust diagram for out cars?

I am about to purchase a catalytic converter with the flanges and stuff on it I have just heard there are a front and rear cat, I just want to see all of the pieces there before I buy the wrong part. If anybody has a parts and service manual they can scan I would appreciate it. Thanks for your help
Old 10-19-02, 03:22 PM
SLVRGS
Lead Lap

Default Cool

nobody knows the set up of our exhaust from the cat up to the manifolds? strange
Old 10-19-02, 04:05 PM
LB Lex
Lexus Champion

From what it appears, there are two cats. The first one (i think it is a cat) is where the exhaust manifolds combine. The second cat is underneath the car.

Hope this helps.
Old 10-21-02, 10:26 AM
SLVRGS
Lead Lap

Default thanks

thats the info I received from the company I am buying the cat from, but just wanted to make sure, thanks
Old 10-22-02, 03:35 AM
kasper634
Rookie

hey CHMPNGS, yeah i have the 93 gs and i also have to replace the catalic converter on mine, i looked around cant really find anythin and the dealer wants 1400 for the front exhaust pipe and like 500 for the center exhaust pipe, i guess i have to replace both the car sound horrible. but anyways where are you buying your cat from? and for how much? thanks for any info.
Old 10-22-02, 05:46 PM
SLVRGS
Lead Lap

Default exhaust

I posted this a week or so ago.

Well I found this site http://members.aol.com/SportsCarConvert/Lexus.html they have some exhaust parts for our cars. this is what they told me.

"The application for your '95 Lexus GS300 does use two converters. The front converter is a single part along with the header pipes. Yes, pipes... according to the information I have here there are two pipes that lead into the front converter (the header pipes and the converter are a single unit).

This is our part number 2132.5924
The cost for this Max-Flow cat is $282.86

There is also a rear converter on your car and this you may be looking at and figuring that it is just a "muffler". It has a single pipe leading into it (pipe and converter are a single unit) and the oxygen sensor is screwed into the front of this pipe

This is our part number 2129.8225
The cost for this Max-Flow cat is $214.29

Please note that you do not have to replace both the front and the rear converters if only one of them is "bad".

So I am sure it is my rear one that needs replacing. I would just like a diagram or somethin to see all the exhaust parts from the manifold to make sure. We'll see. I just don't even want to bring my car somewhere to ask them to hack up some exhaust pieces, if that was the case they should just be able to tack weld the leak, and near me I don't really have anybody that I trust.
Old 10-22-02, 08:51 PM
LB Lex
Lexus Champion

Why do you need a new cat?
Old 10-23-02, 12:18 AM
kasper634
Rookie

yeah ive already done the homework i got the manual for my car the one the use at the dealership, and i know what the pipes look like, well the dealership told me that something blew out and you cant double gasket it cuz it wont help, but its a major exhaust leak and it sounds horrible. i cant stand it sounds like i drive a rice burner or somethin lol. and thats the last thing i want my car to sound. But today i got a email from a shop in new york, they have a brand new "stock" catalic converter for 295. well both of them sell for 295 the front pipe and the center pipe. i coudlint believe it since the dealer wants like 1400 for the front and liek 500 for the center. but he saus that thats the pipe so i guess ill buy from them if anyone wants the number pm me.
Old 10-23-02, 01:06 PM
SLVRGS
Lead Lap

Default Cat

I also have a bad leak, I actually proabably know why, I ran over somethin a little over a year ago and the little leak got worse and worse, I had one gasket replaced and it fixed most of it but it is now leakin from the top flange. I have been told that it is warped and needs to be replaced. I also found somebody, from that link about who has the cat assemblies for the $200-300 range. I just talked to this guy at my gym and he owns a car x he said he will just custom somethin and not to buy the assembly. I would like to buy the high flow cat for under $200 but funds are low lately the economy is killin me. I am gonna go by there this week and see what he says. I have taken it to places before but they are afraid to mess with it or suggest somethin because it is a lexus. Will update