GS - 1st Gen (1993-1997) Discussion about the first generation GS300

93 gs300, its beat up, slowly fixing it

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-11, 08:33 AM
m1k3yg
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JZSARISTO
Camshaft bearing? Change your oil asap and see if the noise goes away if not it could be your oil pump it could be full of oil residue and the oil does not flow how it has to causing you that noise and everything under your hood is easy to fix. Rislone helps. Its an engine treatment.
I changed the oil about maybe 1k miles ago maybe less, and the noise is only there at very low rpms, as soon as I press the gas it goes away
Old 09-11-11, 07:15 AM
JZSARISTO
Pole Position

add the oil treatment it would help is the noise coming from the top or the bottom of the engine.
Old 09-11-11, 08:55 AM
m1k3yg
Lead Lap

It's coming from the top, and i'll be looking for that rislone you're talking about.
Old 09-12-11, 10:50 AM
m1k3yg
Lead Lap

A little update, my boy decided to give me a late birthday present, im also supposed to.be getting 2 12 kickers which is good since I have kickers on the doors

Also the guy that sold me the car got.mad at me because I had a.crappy head unit, so he gave me.this for free

Also, decided to pull my foglights out to see what's wrong, turns out the connectors are m.i.a. and the lights themselves were filled with rust soup and the lightbulbs, well not too sure

Old 09-14-11, 12:03 PM
JZSARISTO
Pole Position

Originally Posted by m1k3yg
It's coming from the top, and i'll be looking for that rislone you're talking about.
yeah just add one off those when you do the next oil change
Old 09-16-11, 08:51 AM
m1k3yg
Lead Lap

I have another issue, I just cleared my airbag light, ive had an overcharging alternator for the past few weeks now, but now my airbag and cruise light keep flashing and I get no voltage to the console, when I put the switched 12 volt and the constant 12 volt wires together (that go to head unit) my console all lights up fine, and ive searched EVERYWHERE and everyone says that they get the trac light too, but I dont, what can this be?
Old 09-17-11, 02:46 PM
m1k3yg
Lead Lap

Well today I changed my alternator for an used one that came out of a 93 also, old one's soaked in grease, but the problem now is that I still get 19 volts from the head unit plug, and when im idling, the rpms are at .3, but the problen isn't the alternator, gotta figure this one out too...
Old 09-19-11, 09:43 AM
m1k3yg
Lead Lap

The rpm issue went away, I was told by a mechanic that most lexus' have a voltage regulator besides the one in the alternator? What could cause this? Does the voltage regulator failure in the alternator show when tested at autozone?
Old 09-21-11, 06:49 PM
jdupree
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by m1k3yg
well,finally got to a computer and got some pictures, ya'll are gonna be like whoa!!!! but here they are lol, also some more questions..

this was how i bought it!
then i put steelies on (ive been workin on a low budget til now!)

then i went to show off to my honda fan friends

and i wana know wat this is, its bouncin around
thats the factory alarm siren
Old 09-21-11, 10:28 PM
L3XOTIC
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

^^^^^^^

Before you reply, which thanks for helping him, did you see the original thread start date?

I see your still working on this major project vehicle. Can I ask how much time and money you've put into it? It's come a long way but I hope it's worth all the money your putting Into it. Car looks great, any updated exterior pix?
Old 09-22-11, 08:19 AM
m1k3yg
Lead Lap

Red face

Originally Posted by L3XOTIC
^^^^^^^

Before you reply, which thanks for helping him, did you see the original thread start date?

I see your still working on this major project vehicle. Can I ask how much time and money you've put into it? It's come a long way but I hope it's worth all the money your putting Into it. Car looks great, any updated exterior pix?
thank you but the camera does miracles for it lol, but i got the car in january, started driving it in june, and from june until now, i've spent 769.04 in parts (including the wheels) no tools or fluids included though. It's definetely worth it, since maintenance hasn't been done in forever in this car, most if not all of the supension parts are pretty worn, i actually just ordered my inner tie rods lower ball joints and sway bar links for the front on tuesday night, and after that, well to figure out what can possibly be wrong with the electrical system, the car looks the same since the last picture i put up, the only difference from then and now is a couple nicks on the bottom of the front bumper, and no fog lights, oh and an outline of green glass chalk on my rear left wheel (pranked)
Old 09-24-11, 10:55 AM
m1k3yg
Lead Lap

Lower ball joints came in yesterday, just got my sway bar links, waiting on the inner tie rods and then bye bye bad front suspension!
Old 09-27-11, 07:36 AM
m1k3yg
Lead Lap

Just picked the inner tie rods up from the post office, now I ended up with an extra left inner lol, but changing all this stuff hopefully during the weekend and beginning next week! And other stuff too
Old 09-27-11, 07:37 AM
m1k3yg
Lead Lap

Ignore the hole and the wad of wires please
Old 09-28-11, 08:30 AM
m1k3yg
Lead Lap

Well turned out my electric problems were my damn dmm reading wrong.... Ended up changing the alternator and buying a new battery, well my boy finally got around and gave me the subs, 2 12 inch rockford fosgates that im planning on installing on the rear deck, but the lights are dimming while engine's off, and even when the engine's on, but when I press the gas the dimming goes away, idles below 1k, and I disconnected the amp and now the dimming's still there but not as bad, what can be done about this?

Quick Reply: 93 gs300, its beat up, slowly fixing it