Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 1GS owner vehicles

Well, I am finally building the car I missed the most! (This is interesting...)

Old 07-14-11, 08:34 PM
Carfreak70
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes, I am constantly busy haha. Got the front end taken apart today. Getting ready for the intercooler. I really dont know how I am going to mount it. I gotta figure something out! I will try and take lots of pics, but that isnt guarenteed. I got a lot of stuff out of the way as well. I really like this car, I havent had a single thought to sell it. And it hasnt pissed me off yet haha. I just want some nice looking wheels on it, and some paint correction so it looks a little bit better.
Old 07-15-11, 06:16 AM
USMCgs3
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow I'm surprised taking that front bumper off didn't **** you off, mine did. But I had front end damage, and all the brackets were bent onto the nuts that hold it on!
Old 07-16-11, 03:54 AM
driftboy
Rookie

Nice GS bro! What happen with the other SC, did you sell it to buy this? Anyways I cant wait to see this thing done! O your old Soarer is still pretty awesome about to dyno it and hopefully seeing 4xxwhp.
Old 07-19-11, 08:51 PM
Carfreak70
Pole Position

Originally Posted by USMCgs3
Wow I'm surprised taking that front bumper off didn't **** you off, mine did. But I had front end damage, and all the brackets were bent onto the nuts that hold it on!
lol Well I guess it helps if you have done it a couple times. It really wasn't bad. And I had coilovers on and never took 1 wheel off . Just gotta know where the nuts and bolts are I suppose haha. Got it off and now its back on!

Originally Posted by driftboy
Nice GS bro! What happen with the other SC, did you sell it to buy this? Anyways I cant wait to see this thing done! O your old Soarer is still pretty awesome about to dyno it and hopefully seeing 4xxwhp.
Thanks bud. I have the 99' still. Its my DD. I don't really like messing with something if its in good working order lol. I did sell my wheels and traded them for a Miata and boosted it, then sold it to purchase the GS and motor. I want to see the build thread on that car so badly. I want to see what you have done to it! Add me on Facebook, Trenton Wright is my name. I miss that car honestly, but I can say I love this GS! Its a lot of fun. About to go single.....I let the cat out of the bag GT45R
Old 07-19-11, 09:01 PM
Carfreak70
Pole Position

I guess this is a little update:
I bought a 3" universal CX Racing intercooler kit. Let me tell you, with this being the second "universal" kit I have gotten, I like them! Haha. Its like a puzzle. This one didnt take as long as some of my universal kits have taken. This one took about an hour to cut and modify the pipes to make them fit. I would highly recommend anyone to buy their kit. Its a solid kit, and worked out really well! Not to mention I had enough pipe to make an intake and still had some left over! I got all of it mounted and got the front bumper back on. I had to cut the whole bottom part off of it, to make it fit around the 3" pipes. Kinda upset about that, but it is what it is.
Once I finally got that all together, we took it out for a drive for the first time in boost. The car is a blast. I love that car! These things are a lot of fun to boost! We got it out on the road and it suprised me how quick it was for being stock boost and all. I got a lot of funny looks driving the car.
Today, I went and bought some new spark plugs for the car, just to make it run a little bit better. I got the BKR7E, the ONLY spark plug to run in 2JZGTE's in my opinion. I went to take them out and apparently when they did the compression test on my motor they didnt put the plugs in very tight, so I made sure to get them in there snug. Got those in and took it for another drive. Ran great and can't say anything bad! I also washed the car today. I have to go over the whole car with scrach compound. The car is pretty rough. I need to Clay bar the car as well. After the clay bar I am going to wax the car and hopefully make it look a lot better. That is all for another day considering I will be working all day tomorrow!

I kinda let the cat out of the bag in the last post. I just purchased a turbo setup for the car. Its a used GTE manifold and GT45R. It will be interesting. The last person made 450whp on 10psi. I want to make just about that. I don't want to explode a transmission lol. I am really excited for what is in store for this car. At the moment I feel like I want to keep the stock twins for a little while. Mixed with the Mines ECU, the car runs really well.

There is one thing I need to do to the car though, and thats the serpentine belt. Its the one that came on the motor when I got it, but its time to replace it. It is starting to shred on the sides...don't want that to break in this heat! I also have to make my coolant resivior functional! It doesnt help if its just looking pretty haha. And I still need to flush the coolant system and refil with Toyota Red.

Anyways, I am going to bed now. haha
Old 07-20-11, 04:02 PM
1stGS30
Lead Lap

JZS147's LIVE ON!!!

Glad to see yet another 147 being built.
Old 07-21-11, 10:12 PM
Diemellz
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Nice....Keep The Work, Pic & Post Coming.............
Old 07-22-11, 10:19 AM
Carfreak70
Pole Position

Ill try. I just quit my job last night so the modifications are going to slow, but it also gives me time to clean the car up even more. I took some pics the other day, so I will be able to get you some pics that are pretty cool haha
Old 09-06-11, 08:03 PM
Carfreak70
Pole Position

So, this is kind of a big update. I have changed plans...a lot haha.

Basically the story goes like this. I bought this S14 and it was awesome, but it really wasn't what I was looking for in a car. It rattled every time I hit a damn bump and...yea it just wasn't me. So i'm sure you saw the twin that I had that was for sale on here and I offered a trade plus a few goodies. Anyways, I made the long *** haul to Bristol (or almost to), and traded cars. I got the car back home fine, but there were definatly a few issues with that car. For some reason the turbos were not spooling...at all. Every sensor that goes to the turbos were unhooked, and it was missing some exhaust studs. The valve stems are not in great shape, so I made the decision to take the motor thats in my current running car and swap EVERYTHING over. I know it kinda seems dumb, but the car I traded for is really nice inside and out. The inside is the best part haha. I really like the car, I just didn't know that there were a few short cuts taken, but thats okay, I am always up for a challenge.

So far, I have taken the motor out of the new car, and am going to prep my running car tonight to get most of the turbo parts off of it, and get them swapped to the new car so all I have to do is pull the motor in the running car and drop it in the new car. Tonight my goal is to have the ignitor swapped out, intercooler all on the new car, and so on.
Anyways here are some pics I dug up.

(8-18) Just took the car on its first voyage with the new motor. Runs really well. Am very happy. Gotta do intercooler, bumper, hood, and lights tomorrow. Suuuuper excited!

(8-19) All back together. I have a lot of wiring issues that I am going to have to work out. The person who built this car was obviously a pissed off teenager and took it out on one of the ECU plugs, basically ****ing everything up. Anyways, I have it all disconnected and have my MINES ECU in running the car. The car wouldn't go into boost the way the car was setup which apparently was the problem the whole ****ing time....a little pissed off to be honest, but whatever. The intercooler, hood and all that **** are back on and its going into boost and running like a champ!

Time to go deliver some pizzas in it tomorrow! .................................(seriously)

(8-22) I found a way to mount the intercooler a little better so I am going to do that, however I really haven't had too much time to mess with it. I absolutely love the car though. I need to get exhaust back on it. Gonna order a boost gauge and mount it really nice, and gonna slap the boost controller on and see what happens

(8-27) Custom center caps and refinished the wheels. They came out well. Those center caps were modified by me to make them fit. It came out a lot better than I anticipated

(8-29) Took a few pictures. Makes me want to fix the front bumper sooner than I planned. Figured I would just post them up. I love this car, and look at that interior, damn. Haha

(8-29) The wheels turned out a lot better than I expected. They were pretty bad...the center caps really made them that much better. Had to do some serious griding to get them to fit though. If I added a spacer I would need/want to go lower to make it look right and I don't want to compromise the ride quality with coilovers. I have some sitting in my garage but really don't want to put them on...
Old 09-06-11, 08:06 PM
Carfreak70
Pole Position

(9-6 Today) So I have a little bit of an update. My car had no sort of cooling fan on it, other than an A/C fan that the MINES ECU keeps on constantly (I thought it was pretty cool), so anyways I needed to buy another fan to put on it temporarily until I am able to change my water pump to put the clutch fan back on. I bought a 12" Hayden fan to fix the problem. I have the fan hooked up to a switched 12V to come on with the key. It seems to be doing a damn fine job, because when it was 105* outside, the car was at normal temp with the A/C blasting, which leads me to my next point.

I put A/C back in the car. I basically let it vacuum for an hour on the system and filled her back up. I also replaced the receiver dryer at the same time, so its nice and chilly.

I also took a trip to 12 Gauge Audio and visited the awesome Supraman for some favors (fortunately not sexual this time), and got him to wire my AFC "select" and got him to install my subs (I am not a trunk rattler either). The install he did was SUPER clean, I wish I had a picture of what my ECU looks like, but he did a really good job, on both the AFC wire up and the subs. This is also when I found out my Alternator is not functioning properly.

I replaced my alternator today with a new one that is for a 93' GS300 (higher AMPS on the GE motors) and it seems to be working out well so far. We will see!

Here is my latest and greatest purchase. I seriously don't know why more people haven't done this, but whatever. I bought all of the parts needed for the 4 Piston LS400 Big Brake Kit. I bought:
2 Rebuilt Calipers for an 00' LS400
2 Wearever Rotors
1 Set of Wearever "Gold" pads
1 Can of Duplicolor "caliper paint" (silver for the OEM look)

I am really excited about the swap. It will be interesting to see how well it stops! I am planning on installing here soon. It will probably be Monday or Tuesday unless I find some free time!

Here are some pics. Sorry, IDK why my room is so dark?

Oh and did I mention the LS400 calipers ARE ****ING HUMONGOUS!!!??? They're bigger than a can of spray paint!

Old 09-07-11, 05:55 PM
Matador
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You're making me want to boost the GS now. The new car looks super clean minus the front bumper (but you already knew that).
Old 09-08-11, 09:32 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 62 Likes on 60 Posts

so u swapped the engine out of the GS that you bought with the mold into another one you found or your old one you sold up north.. A little confused.. lol... Car looks great IMO.. time to add it to your car list..
Old 09-08-11, 10:27 PM
Carfreak70
Pole Position

Originally Posted by tmf2004
so u swapped the engine out of the GS that you bought with the mold into another one you found or your old one you sold up north.. A little confused.. lol... Car looks great IMO.. time to add it to your car list..
Yeah, I guess I do need to add it, huh? I swapped it out of the one that had mold in it. The one I used to have that went up north was single and awesome. If only I knew where that car was I would do anything to get that damn car back. I really would.
Old 09-09-11, 08:40 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

There's 2 boosted 1st Gen Gs's on ebay right now.. I wouldn't mind rockin a boosted 1st Gen GS.. Looking great to.. That car is mint..
Old 09-12-11, 12:27 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

any updates?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Well, I am finally building the car I missed the most! (This is interesting...)