GS - 1st Gen (1993-1997) Discussion about the first generation GS300

93-97 GS300 My Corners are now cleared

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-02, 09:47 PM
Jmai22
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 93-97 GS300 My Corners are now cleared *TUTORIAL*

hey guys today i finally got around to clearing my corners and let me tell you it took me less than 30 minutes to do both sides and sorry i have no pictures but i will try to explain my best here how to do it and if you have questions just reply and i'll try to answer then asap.

#1 turn steering wheel all the way to the opposite side you are working on.

#2 Tire area. Remove the 2 small screws (phillip head) towards the front of the car holding the tire well area in. there are 4 screws but you only need to remove the 2 towards the front to access the engine bay from there

#3 after you remove those 2 screws just fold the plastic covering back and stick in a 10mm socket with extention and remove 2 more screws that hold the headlight in place (can be found on the outer part of car when you look in from the opening you made from #2)

#4 prop up your hood. there are 2 screws that hold the headlight in on each side. they are both also 10mm. they are pretty obvious which ones that are holding the headlight in so you should figure that out your self (if you cannot tell which ones they are don't even attempt to clear out your corners)

#5 well your headlight is not removed. it is kinda hard to pull the headlight assembly out. i found it easier if i put 1 foot on the bumper to apply a little pressure to push the bumper down while i remove and replace the headlight.

#6 after you have removed the headlight assembly from the car. Take a flat head screw driver and stab the orange piece. it should break in half. after that i took a pair of pliers and started to break them out small piece at a time.

the first side i did took me about 15 minutes. and the other side took me like around 10 minutes. this is including removing and putting it all back. this was my first time doing this.

difficutly=Pretty easy
Tools=Flat head screw driver, phillip head, 10mm with extension. and pliers
Time=30-60 minutes
Results=Priceless

Hey guys. any of you know what type of light bulb that are really really bright white. for my front and rear signals. also what bulb size are the front and rear signals.

Last edited by Jmai22; 06-22-02 at 09:53 PM.
Old 06-23-02, 03:39 AM
LexusRules
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

thtas how i did it too, but was then informed u can just go through teh fog lights! doh!
Old 06-23-02, 06:51 AM
Seize
Loves Snickerdoodles!

Received 68 Likes on 53 Posts

Hey, thanks for the tutorial. I think I'm going to try this, this coming weekend!

Regards,

Seize
Old 06-23-02, 07:17 AM
LexusRules
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

oh im sorry i didint see 93-97, disregard what i said. Congrats and show pics!
Old 06-23-02, 10:07 PM
l2dalizzo
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Where did you get your clear corners from to replace the two front ones (2)I wasn't sure if you mentioned if you had heated out the back yellows out like you said in your earlier post
Old 06-23-02, 10:58 PM
Jmai22
Lexus Fanatic

to clear the front. you just break out the orange. no heating required
Old 07-10-02, 06:11 AM
kasper634
Rookie

the bulb is already orange? or do i need a orange bulb, lame question...
Old 07-10-02, 09:23 AM
Jmai22
Lexus Fanatic

after you clear your housing the bulb inside will still be orange. so when you blink it will be orange. and legal. but i just changed my bulbs to super white. now when i blink i look out the side of my car and i could see the entire front and back side of my car light up. dam i love my new lights
Old 09-13-02, 03:44 AM
Jmai22
Lexus Fanatic

can a mod move this to the first gen gs300 forum too please. thanks
Old 04-14-03, 07:56 PM
Wald GS
O.C. Lucky Strike Fanatic

Sounds good! Just to be sure John, after it is cleared, the blinker will be orange from the inside. It will look clear outside, but will blink orange because of the bulb inside.

There is no need to seal anything back as this clearing is done from the inside. Thanks
Old 04-14-03, 11:18 PM
LB Lex
Lexus Champion

Pictures please!
Old 09-09-03, 10:29 PM
The Ju1ce
Driver

i did it today and its not that easy. well i guess it is but im just pissed because the second one didnt break out completely and i cant do anything to it cause i dont want to scratch the lens.

so i have to wait until tomorrow when i go to my shop and get a special pair of pliers to pull the piece out and smash it. i gotta get the pliers that are kinda L shaped cause its being a ***** :-(

it looked good tho im just pissed i have to drive around for a day with my car all ghetto-fied
Old 09-09-03, 10:53 PM
Wald GS
O.C. Lucky Strike Fanatic

Originally posted by The Ju1ce
i did it today and its not that easy. well i guess it is but im just pissed because the second one didnt break out completely and i cant do anything to it cause i dont want to scratch the lens.

so i have to wait until tomorrow when i go to my shop and get a special pair of pliers to pull the piece out and smash it. i gotta get the pliers that are kinda L shaped cause its being a ***** :-(

it looked good tho im just pissed i have to drive around for a day with my car all ghetto-fied
Don't feel bad. Jmai22 scratched one of my headlights from the inside. hehehe. It's better than having condensation. hehe
Old 09-09-03, 11:45 PM
The Ju1ce
Driver

yeah i know i have a couple nice scratches in mine too but nothing too major

i thought of drilling a hole and pushing it through, then filling it up with silicone or something, but figure i can take one day of driving around deutced out car
Old 09-25-03, 11:39 AM
cjnmel
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up thanx...

i'll try this as welll...

Quick Reply: 93-97 GS300 My Corners are now cleared