GS - 1st Gen (1993-1997) Discussion about the first generation GS300

1st Gen GS (JZS147) guys...UNITE!

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-02, 06:23 PM
Jmai22
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

COOL THANKS. where did you buys your from and how much?
Old 03-30-02, 06:24 PM
lex400sc
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by jhuzzee

I'm thinking of having the windows tinted too. How does yours
look like with a 35% tint? Did you have tint on the front as well?
Do you know what tint brand was used?

The estimate that I got for tint was $350 in SF, CA, is
that sound reasonable?
$350 is a rip off. I live in the East Bay, if you want to make a short trip out to Livermore, there's an outstanding place called Rocky Mountain Window Tint off the First Street exit I-580EB. The guy's been doing tints for 14 years and owns his own shop. He uses Llumar tints, which has a lifetime guarantee against any bubbling, peeling, warping, or other defects and he honors the warranty at his shop. Total cost for front, back, and rear windshield is $225. I got 50% on fronts and 5% on back. 50% is the highest tint you can "get away with" in CA, as any tint on the fronts are technically illegal, but rarely enforced if moderate enough. He offers smoked tint, metallic tint, and bluish tint, whatever your preference. He has samples to compare and the job takes about 3-6 hours depending on his workload. He's usually booked a week in advance. I say you ditch the SF shop.
Old 03-30-02, 06:27 PM
Jmai22
Lexus Fanatic

well i got my tints down in monterey park in southern california for 100 for all the windows 5% in back and 35% up front. i think the front is too light. i like it darker. but it looks nicer than without tints though. mine also comes with life time warranty. i think you should be able to get it for under 200. 350 is way too much
Old 03-30-02, 06:41 PM
lex400sc
Lexus Fanatic

Here's a quick pic i made of 50% up front and 5% in back. As you can see perceived darkness on the outside varies by angle based on how much light is coming from the other side. Whatever percentage you go decide on, they should all cost you the same amount.

Sorry about getting off topic manaray.
Attached Thumbnails 1st Gen GS (JZS147) guys...UNITE!-tint-angle.jpg  
Old 03-30-02, 06:43 PM
JAC JZS
Lexus Champion

Default Re: Its comming

Originally posted by CamryRR
I cant wait to get mine im just waiting for this old guy to finaly sell it to me.

Mods I already got
Aristo twin turbo front clip (full 2jzgte and automatic tranny)
Getrag 6spd tranny and all its components from a wrecked 1998 JDM Supra TT.

Im planning a Veilside body kit and some Volk Le37K wheels for later ..Much more to come when i finaly get the dam car ..

Hey CamryRR, nice car! 225 RWHP ( almost 300 at the flywheel) and a 1/4 mile time of 14.1:eek: SWEET. All in a car that comes with 190hp stock and a 16.x quarter mile time. Nice work
Old 03-30-02, 06:51 PM
JAC JZS
Lexus Champion

Thumbs up 14.1 second Camry Supercharged

CamryRR, your car must be the ULTIMATE sleeper. Your sitting at the light next to a Porsche Boxster and he looks over and sees a Camry. Little does he know that when the lights turn green all he will be seeing is Camry tailights.:eek: NICE
Old 03-31-02, 01:24 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Ok, 8 guys? Come on, we have to more than that! I think you guys need to make ClubLexus Flyers and stick them on all the JZS147 GS you see....
Old 04-02-02, 08:33 AM
SLVRGS
Lead Lap

Default nn

nn
Old 04-02-02, 08:50 AM
SLVRGS
Lead Lap

Default 95 GS300

95 GS300 Champaign exterior, tan interior, 1.5 drop eibachs, slotted rotors, 2000 17 in. GS400 five stars, rear wing, and bronze tint.
Attached Thumbnails 1st Gen GS (JZS147) guys...UNITE!-mylexus2.jpg  
Old 04-02-02, 09:02 AM
Rico's Revenge
Lead Lap

Sorry Manaray...I've been out of town!

'95 GS300 Touring

System: Clarion VRX815 Head Unit/Monitor, Clarion 6 Disc Changer, Clarion DVD, Playstation 2 in Dash, Mobile TV Headrest Monitors, Orion DEQ30 (my latest toy to replace the Audio Control EQL), Orion 900.2 Amp (bass), Orion 800.4 Amp (Mids and Highs) - both amps have the bottoms cut out and have 4 inch fans colling them, MB Quart Separates in Front, MB Quart Coax(s) in Rear, MB Quart Q-series tweeters, Treo Engineering SS12.22 Subwoofer in a fifth order band-pass box ported through the rear deck, 12' of custom neaon in the trunk, (2) Lightning Audio Batteries in back (stock up front), Lightning Audio connectors, signal cables, power wiring (4 awg.), fuse blocks, terminal blocks, etc...

Exterior: Veilside body kit, JDM Foglights, All Emblems Shaved, Aristo center tail lamp, body color changed from two-tone to all white

Wheels and Suspension: Eibach Pro-Kit 1.2" drop springs, Enkei Exocent 19X8.5(f) and 19X9.5(r) with Toyo T1S rubber and 17x7 Fittipaldi Diablos with Nitto NT450(s) in 235/40

Engine: RMM Intake, custom painted covers, braided stainless hoses and hose covers, Tanabe Hyper Medallion Cat-Back Exhaust

Coming soon... Veilside Pinstripes, New Interior, completely redoing audio/video system and more suspension work.

Last edited by Rico's Revenge; 04-02-02 at 09:05 AM.
Old 04-02-02, 09:39 AM
Pianoman72
Lexus Test Driver

Default Just saw this post

Sorry for the lateness. Looks like I got you guys beat with 46k miles.

'93 with no mods (as of yet). I plan to go with wheels first and then get a cooler stereo (tape and FM only).
Old 04-02-02, 10:46 AM
CamryRR
Rookie

Thumbs up Wait until you see my next project..

Ya I loved my Camry but she was not enough for me even with a supercharger and all the mods I had she was not fast enought for my taste.So I sold almost all my parts off her and got myself an Aristo V300 front clip and a Getrag 6spd tranny. BTW that veilside kit is one of the major reasons I chose the older Gs for my next project car its got to be one of the kits with the most class I seen in a very long time not to mention the fact that nobody here has one.I will always remember the time I blew off a WRX and he chased me home to look under my hood .I should have my GS in another 5-7 weeks depending on the time it takes for this neibor of mine to sell it to me.

BTW what is the bigest size tires and rim we can fit on this car I have no idea??More questions to come
Old 04-03-02, 02:30 AM
lex400sc
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by CyberGS3
Be sure to buy from a reputable shop. And be sure the kit is "beam pattern correct." If they don't know what you're talking about, don't buy from them.
No kit conversion can ever claim to produce a proper beam pattern. It is impossible, totally reliant on the optics. In fact it is almost guranteed that your beam pattern is incorrect in a kit conversion.
Old 04-03-02, 04:04 AM
2Lexos
Chicago Lexus Club Moderator

Mods listed in sig, but i also have a kenwood dvd player w/changer, two Nak amps, and Kicker 12" sub......waiting for this *****ty weather to go away so I can get the car painted and have the Veilside kit installed. next upgrade will be a turbo kit.

P.S. Manaray.......Ministry of Sound is the *****!!!!!
Old 04-03-02, 06:03 AM
Rico's Revenge
Lead Lap

2Lexos...

I hope you got the JDM foglights...cause otherwise you'll be covering the holes with grille material. The US Spec foglights don't fit.

Also, you have to remove the rebar bumper supports in both front and back in order for the kit to fit. It shortens the car by almost 9 inches, but it looks great!

Another mod you may wish to pursue is the removal of the rubber sound-proof strip on the bottom edge of the door. It should be okay if you have a black car, but with a light color it breaks up the flow of the kit by showing a line above the side skirt.

Lastly, your body shop will have to fill in some of the rear bumper where the license plate goes. The hole they have cut out is too big! A US license plate will pass right through it.

Good choice! Get some pics as soon as it is done!

Todd

Quick Reply: 1st Gen GS (JZS147) guys...UNITE!