GS - 1st Gen (1993-1997) Discussion about the first generation GS300

My 1GS3 Progress So Far

Old 09-18-09, 09:58 AM
Lexatlast
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MIC123321
the turbo is a garret by the way with a stage 3 race internals not a turbonetics,full boost(8.7) should be something like 3200rpm. i think it was at 12psi with maxing out the stock injectors. --MIC
Hey Mic, where've you been hiding? Yeah the info I used to compile the list were from your old threads but I wasn't sure if you did get the internals changed nor if it was a garret vs a turbonetics with garret housing. Its running well and no complaints here

Originally Posted by stalnout
Did you buy Frank's GS3? the dark green one with the 20" Wedz?

yep yezzur ... but by the tiime i got it theres no 20" booo frank boo lolz
booo frank. they were pretty wheels, now you've gotta get some

Alright, teaser time! Been waiting for some of these mods for quite some time now. This one is from some of the jzs147 guys in Australia (drink much buddy lol? ). THANK YOU NICK for this! Only guy on the forum who would ship to the US and help me out

Drumroll please...

Ta da!

Finally an aftermarket grille. Decided there were too many people going the VIP route, wanted something a little more aggressive but still in keeping with the look of the car. Don't really know how the hood latch is gonna work with this, but i'll figure something out... (any ideas though would be fantastic)

And these here have been sitting in my room for the last 2 months. Almost ready for em'; Large and yummy... (TWSS!)

Well thats that for now. Waiting for tires and paint and TIME to do these things. Who knows when that'll happen...
Old 09-18-09, 10:38 AM
vtec-this
Lead Lap

nice are those 20's??? and is it just the pic of is the grille cracked??
Old 09-20-09, 06:49 AM
MIC123321
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i brought it to a authorizes garret dealer, the internals got replaced but still had the hot side housing from the turbonetics,he just slapped it on. Where i been, i got a second gen now so not in the 1st gen comm. much anymore,actually not on here much at all. --MIC.
Old 09-21-09, 08:07 PM
gs300pnp

Default Suscribed

Nice build!

You beat me to that NA-T kit! I was going to put it on my DD. that is a perfect to give the 1st gen the hp's it should have had from the get go!

Can't wait to see the grill on.
Old 09-22-09, 04:44 PM
celm
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Lexatlast
Hey Mic, where've you been hiding? Yeah the info I used to compile the list were from your old threads but I wasn't sure if you did get the internals changed nor if it was a garret vs a turbonetics with garret housing. Its running well and no complaints here

booo frank. they were pretty wheels, now you've gotta get some

Alright, teaser time! Been waiting for some of these mods for quite some time now. This one is from some of the jzs147 guys in Australia (drink much buddy lol? ). THANK YOU NICK for this! Only guy on the forum who would ship to the US and help me out

Drumroll please...

Ta da!

Finally an aftermarket grille. Decided there were too many people going the VIP route, wanted something a little more aggressive but still in keeping with the look of the car. Don't really know how the hood latch is gonna work with this, but i'll figure something out... (any ideas though would be fantastic)

And these here have been sitting in my room for the last 2 months. Almost ready for em'; Large and yummy... (TWSS!)

Well thats that for now. Waiting for tires and paint and TIME to do these things. Who knows when that'll happen...
you want to trade that grill for this grill i have?
Old 09-23-09, 02:46 AM
BKzSC400
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by lexatlast
hey mic, where've you been hiding? Yeah the info i used to compile the list were from your old threads but i wasn't sure if you did get the internals changed nor if it was a garret vs a turbonetics with garret housing. Its running well and no complaints here

booo frank. They were pretty wheels, now you've gotta get some :d

alright, teaser time! Been waiting for some of these mods for quite some time now. This one is from some of the jzs147 guys in australia (drink much buddy lol? ). Thank you nick for this! Only guy on the forum who would ship to the us and help me out :d

drumroll please...

ta da!

finally an aftermarket grille. Decided there were too many people going the vip route, wanted something a little more aggressive but still in keeping with the look of the car. Don't really know how the hood latch is gonna work with this, but i'll figure something out... (any ideas though would be fantastic)

and these here have been sitting in my room for the last 2 months. Almost ready for em'; large and yummy... (twss!)

well thats that for now. Waiting for tires and paint and time to do these things. Who knows when that'll happen...
looking good there rob!!!! I miss my gs!!!!
Old 09-23-09, 06:36 AM
Lexatlast
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by vtec-this
nice are those 20's??? and is it just the pic of is the grille cracked??
nah not 20's. Went with 19s again. I just feel that 20s are a little too big and the car is low enough to pull off the 19s.

The grille isn't cracked. The paint is cracked. I knew this when I was getting it though and plan to have it repainted with the rest of the car.

Originally Posted by MIC123321
i brought it to a authorizes garret dealer, the internals got replaced but still had the hot side housing from the turbonetics,he just slapped it on. Where i been, i got a second gen now so not in the 1st gen comm. much anymore,actually not on here much at all. --MIC.
lol at a hybrid turbo...

Originally Posted by gs300pnp
Nice build!

You beat me to that NA-T kit! I was going to put it on my DD. that is a perfect to give the 1st gen the hp's it should have had from the get go!

Can't wait to see the grill on.
Please, who needs a turbo kit after you have that immaculate example of a 1GS? Holy christ I must've viewed that thread 100 times by now. Talk about attention to detail...

But yeah, the NA-t kit gives it the pep it was missing

I can't wait to put the grille on, but I've got to be patient. I'm kinda OCD about stuff like this; I refuse to put on a part if I feel like something else has to go on first. It has to be balanced at all times or it bothers me. Wheels first, then body prep, then grille, then paint.

Originally Posted by celm
you want to trade that grill for this grill i have?
lol no thanks buddy. I've been waiting for this style of A/M grille for a long time.

Originally Posted by BKzSC400
looking good there rob!!!! I miss my gs!!!!
I know man. Sucks about your accident, but at least your friend has it right? And how is the benz? When're you gonna let me drive it?
Old 09-28-09, 01:05 PM
Lexatlast
Lexus Test Driver

Ok. I caved. I wanted to see what the grille would look like, so I put it on.

Easy as pie to put on and just what I was looking for! Upgrades aggressiveness by quite a bit.
Old 09-30-09, 10:30 PM
ndtoan85
Driver School Candidate

where you buy that grill at?????????? how much you paying for.. i'm looking for one too...
thank you
Old 10-02-09, 01:52 PM
Topshottaz
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice ride I think i might buy one
Old 10-09-09, 05:31 PM
fonzo91121
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

very nice..
Old 10-11-09, 08:15 AM
Lexatlast
Lexus Test Driver

Well everyone, its been fun.

I overboosted. Threw a rod.

I'm currently debating fixing it, or parting out everything I've put into it. Leaning toward parting out. So look for the part out thread fairly soon unless someone feels like fixing the block for free...

Old 10-11-09, 10:41 AM
Rising_Sun
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Rob.. Fix it ... FIX IT!

I'll donate the engine hoist
Old 10-11-09, 10:55 AM
GS300 I6
Pole Position

sorry to hear....i always like this thread. im with rising sun! FIX IT. your already this far. do i hear 2jz-gte?
Old 10-11-09, 12:56 PM
vtec-this
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Lexatlast
Well everyone, its been fun.

I overboosted. Threw a rod.

I'm currently debating fixing it, or parting out everything I've put into it. Leaning toward parting out. So look for the part out thread fairly soon unless someone feels like fixing the block for free...

come on dont give up now get a junk yard motor for a couple hundred bucks. i would even help ya put it in but iam a little far away. lol

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: My 1GS3 Progress So Far