Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > GS Models > GS - First Generation
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

My 1GS3 Progress So Far

Old 10-11-09, 02:23 PM   #121
brandon97
Driver
Trader Score: (0)

not bad dude!!!!!!!!!!!
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
brandon97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-09, 06:38 PM   #122
Lexatlast
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (5)

Send a message via AIM to Lexatlast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising_Sun View Post
Rob.. Fix it ... FIX IT!

I'll donate the engine hoist
Oh todd, thanks for coming this morning to diagnose the beast for me. You know what the deal is though. I'd love to fix it, but I can't afford to. I tore apart the car earlier and found the damage to the engine was more extensive than we expected at first. So parting out is what will happen.

My friends and I tore apart the whole car, oy what an undertaking...

End of an era I guess. Won't be leaving my Lexus fam though great people here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GS300 I6 View Post
sorry to hear....i always like this thread. im with rising sun! FIX IT. your already this far. do i hear 2jz-gte?
Well I'm glad you enjoy this thread. I made it to give myself a way to track my progress and be able to look back and motivate myself to keep going. Also I hoped to give others ideas or share insight on mods, so I hope it was informative.

As to the 2jz-gte, if the engine was the only issue, I'd consider it. But my suspension was also in need of some serious revamping. And to be honest, I'm ready for a change, even though I love this car. I just hope in parting out all this stuff I've collected and kept in good condition that my car can be in 147s all over the place and help other people get farther along than I did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtec-this View Post
come on dont give up now get a junk yard motor for a couple hundred bucks. i would even help ya put it in but iam a little far away. lol
Thanks buddy, but again, can't swing it. But seriously, I'd like to see yours if you're ever in the area!

PART OUT THREAD GETTING PUT UP TONIGHT! LOTS AND LOTS OF STUFF!! Everything I have will be available, and you all will have one week to ask for anything that is in there, then the car will be donated away.

'I' am the Man Your Man Could Smell Like

06.5 PW xB - New and Funky - Current // 02 SRP WRX - Next Chapter - Sold
01 MSM IS3 - Rebound Girl - Sold // 95 BO GS3 Na-T - Our Journey - RIP

NEF/NELOC - CL Folding - TLN #711
Lexatlast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-09, 07:08 AM   #123
Lexatlast
Lexus Test Driver

PART OUT THREAD IS UP!!! Come and buy stuff for the GS you've always wanted lol

Old 10-13-09, 10:46 PM   #124
BKzSC400
Lexus Test Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexatlast View Post
PART OUT THREAD IS UP!!! Come and buy stuff for the GS you've always wanted lol
MOMENT OF SILENCE PLS!!!! DAM ROB so sorry to hear this!!!! my boy who mbought might my car might be intrested in some stuff can u send me a list with prices...... again so sad!!
1993 GS300: 20" Wed Kranze LXZ, Apexi Intake, Tein HA, Fujitsubo Legalis Catback, 8000K HIDs, 4300K HID Yellow Fogs, Aristo Front Bumper, Wald Lip, JDM headlight n JDM KOUKI TailLights, JDM STB, JDM 3pc Spoiler, JP Kitsuna, JP Fusa, JDM Window Visors, LS4 Calipers, Crossed Drill Slotted Rotors, Led DRLs, Greddy Oil Cap & Radiator Cap

~COMING SOON~ Wald Executive side skirts ( Searching for Wald Rear!! ), 3 Spoke Steering Wheel, TT Sway bar, 2jzgte Swap
BKzSC400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-09, 12:46 PM   #125
Rising_Sun
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKzSC400 View Post
MOMENT OF SILENCE PLS!!!! DAM ROB so sorry to hear this!!!! my boy who mbought might my car might be intrested in some stuff can u send me a list with prices...... again so sad!!
Sheet, your friend better get to ROB quick. I'm picking up more of his parts everyday!
Old 10-28-09, 01:57 PM   #126
Lexatlast
Lexus Test Driver

Default Final Videos and Farewell

Well this will probably be my last post in this thread. I didn't realize how much I'd miss it until I watched these videos of it. I'm not going to take any pictures of it taken apart or getting towed away. I'd rather remember her as she was, glorious and primal ...

I had recently got the camera and tripod to take video and pictures of the GS I'm going to miss working on her, having her teach me through her stubborn rust and grime and oldness how to respect and love my vehicle, to take care of her and love her.

Goodbye my dear

Old 11-11-09, 02:21 PM   #127
Stolen
Driver

Send a message via MSN to Stolen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexatlast View Post
Well this will probably be my last post in this thread. I didn't realize how much I'd miss it until I watched these videos of it. I'm not going to take any pictures of it taken apart or getting towed away. I'd rather remember her as she was, glorious and primal ...

I had recently got the camera and tripod to take video and pictures of the GS I'm going to miss working on her, having her teach me through her stubborn rust and grime and oldness how to respect and love my vehicle, to take care of her and love her.

Goodbye my dear
Sad situation Bro I just started to view this thread today. I was excited you lived only in Jersey, I would of loved to see your car in person. I live in Staten Island, NY. I was wondering what kind of wood grain kit you had inside it. Is it JDM or can you buy it here? I even had a temporary solution for your trans problem It was Lucus trans fix comes in a bottle for about 10 bucks. I used it in my GS with great results, but not before I read read some reviews first of course. Sorry again for your loss it sucks when money is the only issue stopping you from fixing something you want.
Old 11-12-09, 08:16 PM   #128
Rising_Sun
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stolen View Post
Sad situation Bro I just started to view this thread today. I was excited you lived only in Jersey, I would of loved to see your car in person. I live in Staten Island, NY. I was wondering what kind of wood grain kit you had inside it. Is it JDM or can you buy it here? I even had a temporary solution for your trans problem It was Lucus trans fix comes in a bottle for about 10 bucks. I used it in my GS with great results, but not before I read read some reviews first of course. Sorry again for your loss it sucks when money is the only issue stopping you from fixing something you want.
I'm on SI as well, we can shoot out to ROb's place if u want to check out his car.
Old 09-28-10, 10:36 PM   #129
freshmoney
Driver

Great job on the whip...... i was thinking abut going with the same sound system set up how is it?? thanks
freshmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-14, 09:19 PM   #130
TRACKMKIII
Pole Position

TRACKMKIII

I know this is an old dead thread but its a really good build thread!! All of the guys that are just getting into the 1GS game , like myself, should look through it!!
TRACKMKIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-14, 05:39 PM   #131
ComponY
Rookie

I'd like to know what you bought for the blue LED's for your gauges.
ComponY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-14, 11:28 PM   #132
houndawgbp
Pole Position

HounDawgBP

Check your thread bro im about to send you a link for them
Old 07-14-14, 11:28 PM

Tags
1gs3, dealer, kranze, lxz, wheel