GS - 1st Gen (1993-1997) Discussion about the first generation GS300

My 1GS3 Progress So Far

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-08, 08:49 AM
Tramix
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The car is coming out real nice. Enjoy it!
Old 07-25-08, 08:59 AM
xtoefield
Driver School Candidate

looking awesome .
Old 07-27-08, 09:02 PM
Lexatlast
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Tramix
The car is coming out real nice. Enjoy it!
Vince! Where've you been? What's kickin?

Thanks man, I know you miss your 1st gen. When're you gonna jump back in to the 1GS scene? Buy back from Frank? LOL (doubt it)

Originally Posted by xtoefield
looking awesome .
Thank you sir

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some pics from the Philly meet today; for the first time ever I didn't feel like a complete noob at the meet. Rims help any car become AT MINIMUM respectable

These pics show off the car way better than my driveway at the very least...

Next up for mods is installing an Apexi SAFC2 and HIDs. I want to boost my car later so I'll need the safc2, and I've read up on these and installing and tuning them while your car is still stock can also aid in substantial stock N/A gains. HIDs are for obvious reasons, 6K lows and fogs.

Alright, future plans include (but all are definitely FAR in the future projects) full paint job (still ambivalent on what exact color), XSpower Turbo kit, FSM Intake manifold, Inspection Body kit (damn near impossible to get, and I'm also waaaay too broke to try this anytime in the near future).

Stay tuned...
Old 07-29-08, 06:51 PM
UncleRay
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Rob, this is all I'll say.

Your paint has to be the WORST I've worked on in a while LOL. It was SCREAMING for a raping with my clay bar hahaha. Only wish I had my chemicals, otherwise the paint would of been looking twice as good haha.
Old 07-29-08, 09:41 PM
mkiiisupra
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GS400RcrX
Rob, this is all I'll say.

Your paint has to be the WORST I've worked on in a while LOL. It was SCREAMING for a raping with my clay bar hahaha. Only wish I had my chemicals, otherwise the paint would of been looking twice as good haha.
.....you havent seen my paint...... hahaha (maybe I shouldnt be laughing about that?)
Old 07-31-08, 08:17 PM
mkorsu
Zombie Slayer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Lexatlast

I'm gonna do the shifter plate tomorrow in blue LEDs then I should be done. Mkorsu and I were also gonna paint calipers this weekend unless he gets busy, what're you up to?

Yeah, that weekend didn't work to good with all the rain. Maybe in about 2-3 weeks now. Going away again this weekend to the Jersey shore!

I'll be thinkin' bout all you guys while I'm cruisin in a boat with a cold frosty beverage in hand!
Old 08-28-08, 08:28 AM
Lexatlast
Lexus Test Driver

So I have a bit of an update.

First and foremost, some rolling shots!! Caravan to a CL BBQ a couple weeks ago. I've never seen the wheels from the outside before. Look pretty awesome rolling IMO.

Sweet! I love caravans. Its the best part of almost any meet in my opinion. Multiple cars just makin a statement on the highway

Ok, next a mod update and teaser pics! Can you guess what it is? (You should be able to lol)

Its pretty much a giveaway, but hey, its all in the spirit of fun

I'll install this later today, and next up are the HIDs!

Last edited by Lexatlast; 08-28-08 at 08:35 AM.
Old 08-28-08, 10:13 AM
GS300 I6
Pole Position

aristo strut bar!!!!!
Old 08-28-08, 10:46 AM
huddleston
Racer

Received 56 Likes on 13 Posts

looking great - keep it up
Old 08-28-08, 09:51 PM
Lexatlast
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by GS300 I6
aristo strut bar!!!!!
lol one guess and it was absolutely correct lol
Here she is, in all her beat up, used parts glory...

Originally Posted by huddleston
looking great - keep it up
Thanks bud

------------------------------

And here it is, installed and sittin pretty, the sought after aristo strut bar! Many thanks to Rising_Sun for lookin out once again (overnight parts from Japan! j/k, fast and furious flashbacks...)!

After installation, I did notice a significant increase in handling and a much more receptive feel when taking turns or navigating bad road conditions. One of the best mods taking into account price, function, and ease of installation!

Also some inconsequential things I fixed up today were putting in my new chrome rear emblems. I had debadged the old gold ones ages ago in hopes that I would debadge it and fill in the gaps with the new paint job. Didn't have the funds to do the paint job and I left little holes open to the elements for months. So with my gf pounding some common sense into my head, telling me to put emblems back in so my trunk doesn't rust or rot from the inside out, I've reinstalled them and realized I like it this way lol. Look at that fine ***...

So that was one thing I've put off forever and actually got done. Next, I took a buffer wheel with a "low cut pad" and a "medium cut polisher cream" (as dictated to me by my detail crazy friend) and buffed my headlights for 5 minutes a piece. And let me just say... HOLY SWEET FREAKIN BABY JESUS!!! I've never seen the lights this clear! I'm not wholly convinced they're not cleaner than when they came out of the factory!

Picture doesn't do it the best justice, and I didn't take a before pic cause I didn't expect results this incredible, so just believe me when I say its drastic. Like the difference between Rosie O'Donnel and Jordana Brewster (why Jordana? I just watched the F&F4 trailer ;D)

Lights Before (figuratively)

AFTER (for real lol)

So yeah, progress is slow but sure. Gonna be changing my mufflers on the exhaust cause my old ones are shot. Going with the Magnaflows 14255s, and I'm cutting out the resonators! Will post sound clips by next week.

Old 08-30-08, 03:46 PM
Ay-nako
Stop the Copy!

Received 111 Likes on 52 Posts

love the progress on the car and it makes me want to get into a first gen, ive always wanted to get into one but never did
Old 09-01-08, 09:55 AM
SNFL
Driver

Clean GS3 man! How much of a different does the Aristo strut bar make?
Old 09-01-08, 10:46 AM
maniax
Lexus Test Driver

looking sweet! so clean! I especially like the marble dash kit...looks like it came from the factory like that. It'd be even nicer if you get the steering wheel custom fitted with marble to match!

kinda like this:
Old 09-01-08, 12:01 PM
BKzSC400
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

car is looking hot there!!! keep it up!
Old 09-20-08, 04:19 PM
gs300cky
Lead Lap

i gotta ask where did you get your spoiler from? how much is it?
NICE RIDE!!! share some wealth if you dont mind lol

Quick Reply: My 1GS3 Progress So Far