GS - 1st Gen (1993-1997) Discussion about the first generation GS300

My 1GS3 Progress So Far

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-08, 06:34 AM
Temptation
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's one nice looking 1st Gen you have there, Rob. What a great transformation you've done to your car. It looks like you forgot the SECurity code for the OEM radio on one of the pictures, but I guess it doesn't matter because you've upgraded to an aftermarket one......NICE !!
Your new set of wheels should compliment the car very well indeed. I guess the next mod would be under the hood ?? Do keep us posted on your progress.

Danny
Old 07-19-08, 12:33 PM
Lexatlast
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by link13
I like it. It's going to kill with the wheels.
Originally Posted by 1BIGJZS147
looking nice man.im jealous of your interior.looks to be in really good shape.
thanks guys, i'm very excited about the wheels! FedEx says the tire is getting here next wed, so thats the day the rims will be on and pics will be taken

Originally Posted by yusef
Daaaamn ive never really seen your car, well not like this! very nice haha wow, i always thought it was like completely stock.

haha wow that exhaust looks meean, love the interior dash work, and LOOOVE the rims cant wait to see pics of how they look on the car
lol yeah man. i realized i'd never really posted pics. just asked questions and did the mods without takin pics or posting results...

Originally Posted by blklegend
Very nice Rob, u need a kit though. lol
haha, i hear ya dude...

Originally Posted by BKzSC400
da dammmm!! looking good there bro!! how about helping a buddy to do some led dash?? .... anyways keep up the good work! car looks mint!
of course bro! Todd was saying the same, so I can help you guys with the cluster lights. HVAC will come out spoltchy if you do LEDs unless you know how to wire in more. I went with blue incandescent lights in my HVAC. Less bright, but even light. Lemme know what you want to do. I'll take pics of the lights when the rims come and I'll post em so you can see.

Originally Posted by GS300 I6
how much did you get your alarm system for? how is it?

How did you do clear the headlights? it looks crazy!

btw NICE EXHAUST!
My alarm system was put in by another member here located in NJ, mkorsu. BTW much props to mark, he's the man, the best, a legend, a prince, a king, lord, god, deity, supreme being, etc...

The Viper system is awesome! Remote start, trunk pop, 1 mile 2 way LCD communication, valet switch, and a whole host of other options.

Cleared headlights is a fairly common mod around here. Just search the forum and you'll find countless ways to do it.

Originally Posted by pingpong89
looking good bro, that interior was very well maintained and your driver's side window molding seems to be holding up very well
yeah i have yet to experience the molding problem and no rips in the interior. Wish there was a good way to cure the leather though...

Originally Posted by Temptation
That's one nice looking 1st Gen you have there, Rob. What a great transformation you've done to your car. It looks like you forgot the SECurity code for the OEM radio on one of the pictures, but I guess it doesn't matter because you've upgraded to an aftermarket one......NICE !!
Your new set of wheels should compliment the car very well indeed. I guess the next mod would be under the hood ?? Do keep us posted on your progress.

Danny
Yeah, was gonna replace it anyway, so no reason to ask the previous owner for the code.

As to future mods, I've kind of got my progress laid out in stages.

Stage 1: Slow and Show is almost done lol. All thats left here is a kit (undecided), paint job (thinking seal gray metallic, porsche color), HIDs.

Stage 2: Speed; Na-t this sucker

Stage 3; Try not to get OCD on anything I've already done and be happy with it lol
Old 07-19-08, 07:57 PM
wowitztai
Lexus Champion

Looks good man...Love the first gen..gotta meet up sometime at the meets.
Old 07-19-08, 09:03 PM
BLAZE
Lexus Test Driver

Looks hott. Where did you get the interior marble kit from?
Old 07-20-08, 12:08 AM
Mister T
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs up Looking good!

Keep up the great work!
Old 07-20-08, 02:01 PM
Lexatlast
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by wowitztai
Looks good man...Love the first gen..gotta meet up sometime at the meets.
If you're going to the philly photoshoot meet, the one phillygs is setting up in NELOC, then you'll probably see me there. And you got new wheels too right?

Originally Posted by blaise
Looks hott. Where did you get the interior marble kit from?
Thanks. The kit came off of ebay. I forgot the sellers name, but I'll look it up for you if you want.

Originally Posted by Smokin350
Keep up the great work!
Thank you sir
Old 07-20-08, 09:39 PM
Dan@FSM
Driver

Looks real nice man! Im sooooo jealous your seats look brand new man. These are the things I plan on doing like the LED's and clearing of corners (maybe). But what Im really interested in is how about a sound clip of the exhaust! Rolling, idling, etc. Thanks and I hope to see this thing one day!
Old 07-21-08, 01:50 AM
suprawhite
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Nice looking Touring you got there. What a coincidence, I got my 95 GS300 Touring in July 2007, one month before you did. I got a hell of a deal too. Mine is the pearl white and I love it. I did a few thing for it also. The first thing I did was the "Aristo" rear taillights. Second thing was the Ohlins coilovers. Third was the 18" L-Tuned Salinas wheels. The forth was going to be the Supra TT front and rear brake upgrade, but have to delay it due to finding out that the front wheels won't clear the Supra TT calipers. I recently got a pair of JDM Headlights and planning to put it on tomorrow. Here is what it look like before and after.
The first picture I took when I got home after picking it up from the previous owner. By the way, I bought it for $5,200 back then. It is in original condition from a woman who sold it because she just got a new IS250 so she more willing to let it go for that price.
Attached Thumbnails My 1GS3 Progress So Far-dsc00683sm.jpg  
Old 07-21-08, 01:51 AM
suprawhite
Advanced

Here is the most recent picture with 18" L-Tuned wheels and lowered.
Attached Thumbnails My 1GS3 Progress So Far-dsc02341pssm.jpg  
Old 07-21-08, 10:28 AM
Diemellz
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

LexLast or Suprawhite, nice GSs, BTW do ya'll still have your touring emblems? if so are they 4 sale?
Old 07-21-08, 11:44 AM
suprawhite
Advanced

I still have mine, but it gold. I removed it when I convert all the emblems to chrome.
Old 07-24-08, 08:10 AM
Lexatlast
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Diemellz
LexLast or Suprawhite, nice GSs, BTW do ya'll still have your touring emblems? if so are they 4 sale?
i'd have to look to see, but i think i might have it. But it is gold as well, like suprawhite.

so I put the new wheels on, but since there seems to be hurricane force winds, non stop rain, and HAIL!!! I only had two minutes after I put the wheels on to appreciate them before the heavens opened up and tried to drown and stone me into submission. Took some teaser pics though as soon as the weather gets a little better, I'll take better pics.

got lip?
Old 07-24-08, 03:10 PM
Lexatlast
Lexus Test Driver

Alright! Its nice as hell outside now, so went out and snapped some nice daytime pics. Can't wait to get some rolling and artsy shots later...

Lemme know what you think! They sit so nice, no spacers required!!

Old 07-24-08, 03:42 PM
Rising_Sun
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Looks Sweeeet!
Old 07-24-08, 06:30 PM
Lexatlast
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Rising_Sun
Looks Sweeeet!
oh todd, i can't tell you how happy these make me lol

THEY EVEN RIDE BETTER THAN THE 16s! Waaaaay better. I really think its the fact that these tires are the real deal, hankooks baby! Thanks for the tenth time for lookin out for these for me.

So yeah, you said august 16th for a photoshoot right ?

I just sent Frank the list of LEDs to order for the HVAC and the cluster. Do you need the list or do you just want me to order them for you and you just hit me back later (or hookups on the HIDs?)? Lemme know.

I'm gonna do the shifter plate tomorrow in blue LEDs then I should be done. Mkorsu and I were also gonna paint calipers this weekend unless he gets busy, what're you up to?

Quick Reply: My 1GS3 Progress So Far