GS - 1st Gen (1993-1997) Discussion about the first generation GS300

**Job Design JZS-147**

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-08, 10:19 AM
johnee78
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wink **Job Design JZS-147**

Whats up first gen brothers!!I have been on these forums for many years and for those that know me (The OGs, WaldGS, Seize, Link13) and my last first gen that I had before.I had sold it to buy my house and after almost a year of driving buckets I had to get into another 147.I started to look and found one that needed some work but the price was right..Heres what it used to look like..

The interior was rough, the wood was shot, the paint was ok but not great, the car ran barely because of a faulty CPU, but since this was my second GS I knew what to look for and where to get it..First thing on the agenda what to have all the wood redone and redo the interior.I recovered the headliner in brown suede, recovered the trims , cleaned the carpet with oxy clean.The interior was looking good but the wood was and eyesore so I gave Paul at www.Patterntek.com a call and had him redo all the interior wood and it looks like factory wood out of a 2008(thanks Paul).Now it was time to address the exterior!! I gave Wilson at pgmotoring a call and ordered a full JOb design kit and while i had him on the phone I also placed an order for a set 20x9 +32 & 20x10+29 Work Schert SC1s..While I was waiting for the kit and wheels I located a set HKS LS coilovers and started looking at paint samples..I wasn't a fan of the factory green thats on our cars so I thought about changing the color but that was way out of my price range.After trolling the second gen forums I noticed a green color that looks black that would still match the door jambs on my car, midnight pine pearl..Well, with the color picked, kit and wheels on the way, it was time to go to the shop..The car was stripped of everyting except the rear window, but EVERYTHING ELSE WAS REMOVED!!This is the proper way to get a car painted..

The body was smoothed to a perfect line, the rear antenna was shaved, emblems painted a green pearl and PPG DBC paint topped by PPG 2021 clear was added.The kit was fitted and painted to match. While my car was in the shop I located a set of Aristo headlights and retro'd TSX housings and gave Justin a call at AAC and installed a set of their Halo kits.I also replaced the lower ball joints, control arm bushings and outer tie-rods when I installed the coilovers.My car was in the shop for 2 months and the results where well worth it..

Last edited by johnee78; 05-06-08 at 10:21 PM.
Old 05-03-08, 10:25 AM
johnee78
Lexus Champion

Exclamation

I would like to give an extra shout out to Wilson, Brian & James at PGmotoing/JobDesign USA for their excellet service and communication, thanks guys..Paul at patterntek.com for his work, Justin at AAC(pics are coming) and Adrian(bluelex) for snapping the pics and just a being a good friend..Heres a few more pics of the first JOB design jzs-147 in the US..

Last edited by johnee78; 05-06-08 at 10:21 PM.
Old 05-03-08, 10:27 AM
R.U. IN AW?
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Wow......

is all I can say. What a transformation you did there. Great work bro. I usually just stroll the 1st gens. and others, but I like threads like this one. You did a great job.

-Joe
Old 05-03-08, 10:29 AM
Seize
Loves Snickerdoodles!

Received 68 Likes on 53 Posts

I've been waiting for the longest time to see your car completed and I must say, the end result is awesome!

Great job on that wheel fitment as well. Are you planning on dropping it any lower, I think it'd look awesome if the wheels were tucking just a tad bit
Old 05-03-08, 10:33 AM
johnee78
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Seize
I've been waiting for the longest time to see your car completed and I must say, the end result is awesome!

Great job on that wheel fitment as well. Are you planning on dropping it any lower, I think it'd look awesome if the wheels were tucking just a tad bit
Whats up Seize!! these pics were taken over a month ago and the suspension has settled alot since these pics..The rear will go down lower but I have to shave the rears a tad in order to tuck..Thats a project for next week..
Old 05-03-08, 01:04 PM
LeXusFiTs
Lead Lap

Hey johnee didn't you have a tan 1st gen with Aeros on it? If so that car looked sweet! ...buttttt this one looks sweeter! Love the wheels and how about some interior shots?
Old 05-03-08, 01:07 PM
nysupraman
Racer

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

stunning to say the least
Old 05-03-08, 02:34 PM
BIGGZ
Lexus Test Driver

WoW man!i didnt know you had this.freekin sweet!but would look better if it was lower,but still freekin sweet.you gots to be the first 1st gen GS with this kit.right?
Old 05-03-08, 03:51 PM
Raph TT
Pole Position

Props to you!is the job design kit also available with the shorter rear bumper??

the whole package looks graet.. nice n clean (paint,drop,wheels,kit,stance)
Old 05-03-08, 04:13 PM
PWidow
Pole Position

Damn man, that looks awesome! What a great transformation! Love the kit! Everything is done just right.
Any pics of the interior pieces done?
Old 05-03-08, 11:59 PM
status....
Lead Lap

it looks sick with this kit....
Old 05-04-08, 01:54 AM
zazzn
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

good job man looks great.
Old 05-04-08, 03:16 AM
Duds
Pole Position

Wow! Great job on the car, I always liked that kit What about interior pics though?
Old 05-04-08, 01:27 PM
suprawhite
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Nice kit! It look so much like stock so you have to look carefully to see the difference. The first picture made me thinking, what lip did he got then realized it was a different front bumper and fog lights. Slowly looking at the side skirts, I finally see it was a bodykits, duh Anyhow, very clean looking 1st Gen GS. Keep up representing 1st Gen GS.
Old 05-04-08, 07:08 PM
wayne
Lexus Test Driver

Very nice Johnnie. I gotta see your car in person. Hit me up one day for a look. Time for the 1st gen GS's to represent So Fla.

Last edited by wayne; 05-04-08 at 07:14 PM.

Quick Reply: **Job Design JZS-147**