GS - 1st Gen (1993-1997) Discussion about the first generation GS300

How to- Remove headliner

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-08, 03:15 PM
YupImJOee
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to- Remove headliner

IS there a How to- to remove the headliner to our cars, I dont want to break anything. I've searched and came upon nothing. I'm so close to selling the car because there is something in the headliner than rattles.
Old 02-22-08, 11:09 PM
YupImJOee
Lexus Test Driver

anyone? i want to try to get it out tomorrow.
Old 02-24-08, 08:25 PM
YupImJOee
Lexus Test Driver

does anyone know where i can find out? I tried googling but that didnt really help
Old 02-29-08, 02:02 AM
boostedGS
Lead Lap

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

i dunno, but i would like to know too..
Old 02-29-08, 04:14 AM
PWidow
Pole Position

I maybe removing my headliner this weekend so if I do I will try my best to take some pics or at least tell you guys how to take it down.
Old 02-29-08, 09:46 AM
JH282
Driver School Candidate

It's pretty straight forward but it'll take a while. The headliner handles on front passenger and rear driver/passenger side need to come off, (screws hidden under plastic on each end) the front seat belt needs to be unbolted from panel between front and rear door, (the bolt is hidden inside the triangle shaped plastic thing) remove panel where seat belt was bolted to, A pillar & B pillars are held in by clips, pull gently, they need to come off, pull clear plastic off the dome light by front windshield, remove screws (3 IIRC) remove dome light, remove visors and clips that hold them in place. Headliner is held on by mostly velcro, but there are a couple plastic clips by the sun roof, and some by the back wind shield. Pull from the front to back, the whole thing should crash down. BTW putting this thing back up sucks the big one.
Old 02-29-08, 11:37 AM
YupImJOee
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by JH282
It's pretty straight forward but it'll take a while. The headliner handles on front passenger and rear driver/passenger side need to come off, (screws hidden under plastic on each end) the front seat belt needs to be unbolted from panel between front and rear door, (the bolt is hidden inside the triangle shaped plastic thing) remove panel where seat belt was bolted to, A pillar & B pillars are held in by clips, pull gently, they need to come off, pull clear plastic off the dome light by front windshield, remove screws (3 IIRC) remove dome light, remove visors and clips that hold them in place. Headliner is held on by mostly velcro, but there are a couple plastic clips by the sun roof, and some by the back wind shield. Pull from the front to back, the whole thing should crash down. BTW putting this thing back up sucks the big one.
thanks!

i tried to do this 2 days ago in 2 hours...but in the first 15 minutes i broke 3 clips...and was like eff it i'll do it when i have a whole weekend so i dont break anymore stuff
Old 03-01-08, 07:55 PM
PWidow
Pole Position

Originally Posted by JH282
What a day! Just finished redoing my headliner in suede tonight and you pretty much said it exactly like it is. The only thing I did different was I took the back seat out so that I could clip the C-pillar back in place. I will get some finished pics probably tomorrow.