GS - 1st Gen (1993-1997) Discussion about the first generation GS300

JZS147 swap thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-11, 04:55 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

what downpipe are you guys using to mount to stock twins or does the stock one fit on there
Old 05-17-11, 06:45 AM
Mr.Gs_GTE
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You could possibly run the stock down pipe from an Aristo, or make one. I did my swap in my garage and I had to use a piece of paper to measure the size of the flange off the turbos took it out and had it made, then back to the crib and did it myself. If I knew how to I would post a pic of what mine look like.
Old 05-19-11, 11:25 PM
wilsonsan
Rookie

So some problems.
1. what to do with ABS block it stands right on the way of turbos ?
2. i have to bang firewall in for an inch ? im keeping twins.
3. do i have to turn around trans mount ?
4. Is aristo mk2 box the same as mk1s or ls400s ?

I didnt see anywhere on this thread that i need to replace rubber pipes what goes into heater radiator and to the heater valve ?
Old 05-20-11, 09:29 AM
jrARISTO
Rookie

Have you guys ever tried going manual? Why? Or why not?
Old 05-21-11, 09:23 PM
Mr.Gs_GTE
Pole Position

Originally Posted by wilsonsan
So some problems.
1. what to do with ABS block it stands right on the way of turbos ?
2. i have to bang firewall in for an inch ? im keeping twins.
3. do i have to turn around trans mount ?
4. Is aristo mk2 box the same as mk1s or ls400s ?

I didnt see anywhere on this thread that i need to replace rubber pipes what goes into heater radiator and to the heater valve ?
As for the ABS Box I unbolted the bount from the body of the car, and removed the mounting bracket for the box itself and straighten up the lines just long enough to mount it elsewhere. I have it held to the coolant reservoir with a zip tie and its tight enough. With this you will have just enough room to fit in those turbos without the actuator hitting it. As for the heater core hoses, use the same hose of the ge motor at the back top of the motor. On the firewall the other hose for the heatercore you will have to custom fit it. what i did was got a hose the same size, and long ehough. clamped it to the heatercore fitting on the firewall and let it hang. then i put in the motor and seated the mounts and everything and came from under the car while it was still lifted and measured how long of the hose i needed to reach the coolant pipe fittint from the back of the water pump. then cut the hose and connected it. this can be done without the downpipe mounted theres enough room in there to do it. just make sure the hose is long enough to be able to flex a little bit. And yes you will have to move the firewall back just enough to fit in the back turbo. only enough. don't go more than you need to. call or txt me if you need more help 630 589 7138. and the trans mount will sit right in, id remember turning mine around. but when you're ubder the car you will figure out how it will fit. its the same bracket.

Last edited by Mr.Gs_GTE; 05-21-11 at 09:28 PM.
Old 05-21-11, 09:31 PM
Mr.Gs_GTE
Pole Position

Originally Posted by jrARISTO
Have you guys ever tried going manual? Why? Or why not?
A lot of guys has done it with both the 5 peed and the 6 speed from the supra. I am next summer still saving.
Old 05-22-11, 02:23 AM
wilsonsan
Rookie

Originally Posted by Pliccaid
As for the ABS Box I unbolted the bount from the body of the car, and removed the mounting bracket for the box itself and straighten up the lines just long enough to mount it elsewhere. I have it held to the coolant reservoir with a zip tie and its tight enough. With this you will have just enough room to fit in those turbos without the actuator hitting it. As for the heater core hoses, use the same hose of the ge motor at the back top of the motor. On the firewall the other hose for the heatercore you will have to custom fit it. what i did was got a hose the same size, and long ehough. clamped it to the heatercore fitting on the firewall and let it hang. then i put in the motor and seated the mounts and everything and came from under the car while it was still lifted and measured how long of the hose i needed to reach the coolant pipe fittint from the back of the water pump. then cut the hose and connected it. this can be done without the downpipe mounted theres enough room in there to do it. just make sure the hose is long enough to be able to flex a little bit. And yes you will have to move the firewall back just enough to fit in the back turbo. only enough. don't go more than you need to. call or txt me if you need more help 630 589 7138. and the trans mount will sit right in, id remember turning mine around. but when you're ubder the car you will figure out how it will fit. its the same bracket.
Do you have pics of your engine bay ? i banged firewall in about half inch and still engine didnt fit in, so more banging i guess? sorted out that hose problem. I think i will stick to writing here ( saw my location ? )
Old 05-22-11, 05:41 PM
plkyone
Lead Lap

Be careful with the banging remember the heater core is right behind that spot and if u go too far it might crack
Old 05-23-11, 08:04 AM
Mr.Gs_GTE
Pole Position

Oh yea i just saw it, i feel you. You gotta work around the mounts. Mine was hard to sit in too just take a deep breath and mess with it. Once you feel you move The firewall just about enough, work with the mounts. Do it one by one they wont sit in two @ a time. im on my phone right now and I can't upload pics. But I'll try when i get home.
Old 05-23-11, 07:47 PM
Mr.Gs_GTE
Pole Position

Do you have pics of your engine bay ? i banged firewall in about half inch and still engine didnt fit in, so more banging i guess? sorted out that hose problem. I think i will stick to writing here ( saw my location ? )
Here is a peak @ my engine bay I'm sorry my car is @ the exhaust shop and at this moment this is the best pic of my engine bay. the ABS box is right below the intake tube attached to the coolant reservior. when i get it back I'll take a closer pic for you.
Attached Thumbnails JZS147 swap thread-imag0228.jpg  
Old 05-26-11, 01:23 PM
wilsonsan
Rookie

What about Hydro fan ? will it work or to i have to do something with it ? Read somewhere that maybe it will not work, because it has his own relay ?
Old 05-27-11, 05:26 PM
Mr.Gs_GTE
Pole Position

What about Hydro fan ? will it work or to i have to do something with it ? Read somewhere that maybe it will not work, because it has his own relay ?
If you got a clip for your swap and its equpied with the hydro cooling system use everything in the clip cuz you already have it with you. the bad side of that is.. if some day the pump or anything goes bad its gonna be very hard to find replacement parts for it, and even if you did its gonna be very expensive. if I were you, i would swap that hydro system with a regular supra water pump and go mechanical or electric fan. I went electric cuz I wanna save a few more HP under the hood.
Old 05-28-11, 01:38 PM
wilsonsan
Rookie

I got the hole car for swap,so i have everything there is. Is 2jzge waterpump different from aristo/supra ? I thought about going electric but no point jet because so far it works.
Problem. Dont know how car must accelerate but i think that one of turbos arent workin.self diagnose doesnt show anything.
Old 05-29-11, 09:28 AM
Mr.Gs_GTE
Pole Position

I got the hole car for swap,so i have everything there is. Is 2jzge waterpump different from aristo/supra ? I thought about going electric but no point jet because so far it works.
Problem. Dont know how car must accelerate but i think that one of turbos arent workin.self diagnose doesnt show anything.
If thats the case then you your entire clip for the swap and of course it works right now but the main reasons why ppl usually get rid of it is that they are hard to fine when you have to replace it, they are more expensive, and wanna lay low on the mechanical fan in the engine bay. its all up to you tho, i would use the entire clip for now and worry about it when it brakes. before I put in the motor I figured since I was gonna go electric in the first place I might as well just do it as I was doing my gaskets, seals, and belts. when the motor in in the car and you have to do a water pump the entire front of the engine has to come apart and its way easier with the engine out of the car. and yes the aristos has a different water pump. they are hydraulic. and the supra 2jzgte water is a non hydraulic. check out this pic, thats an aristo/ hydraulic water pump on the groub in the back after i took mine out. as for the turbos I have no idea but I don't have to really get on it to get them to scream @ me so if you believe they are bad and you still have your 90 days start up warrenty get on it now and see what they can do for you befor its too late.
Attached Thumbnails JZS147 swap thread-imag0569.jpg  
Old 05-29-11, 02:20 PM
wilsonsan
Rookie

at the moment it seems that fan is workin normally without any relays. Drove around about 150miles today. Torque is on low rpm only. tomorrow gonna check turbo pressure. how much is it in stock ?

Quick Reply: JZS147 swap thread