GS - 1st Gen (1993-1997) Discussion about the first generation GS300

JZS147 swap thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-11, 12:03 PM
jtamulis
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ok, I used a supra rad. the shroud has the upper unlet closer to the driver's side. If you use the stock GS300 rad (and shroud), the front facing intake points right at the upper rad input. the supra TT rad put the input of the rad over to the passenger side about 6-8 inches maybe? and the shroud has indentations for the inlet closer to the driver's side. you COULD possibly use the shroud if you trimmed it I guess, but when I saw it didn't work, and I had broken my stock fan, I just went electric. Shoot me your email address and I can take a pic of my setup if you want.

Jeff
Old 02-13-11, 06:11 AM
shibuja
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quick question and I hope I don't get off topic, but I didn't see the need for a new thread. I have two options 93 gs300 129842 miles excellent condition (Interior looks immaculate) for $3500 or 93 gs300 has the 2jzgte swap done $6000. Also rims intake exhaust. Haven't been to look at it yet, but pics say the interior is shot. My question is should I go with the reliable or go with the questionable work. I'd like to do a swap, but I want to know that it's done right. (by me and shop of my choosing) I had an Aristo while in Japan and it was by far the nicest car I've ever owned. Any inputs would be appreciated. Alan
Old 02-13-11, 08:48 AM
jtamulis
Pole Position

The 93 with low miles. Because you can swap a motor into a perfect car, but going trhe other way costs WAYYYY more money.

My car is in GREAT shape, but I've been thinking about buying a low mileage 95 GS300 chassis (like under 50k miles), spending whatever it takes, and then swapping my entire drivetrain over to the "new" gs300.

Jeff
Old 02-13-11, 05:02 PM
shibuja
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for the support. I was leaning toward the bone stock low miles before. I just needed some reinforcement. I put in a bid for the car today. Hope I get the response I want. Again jtamulis thanks.
Alan
Old 02-13-11, 05:09 PM
jtamulis
Pole Position

anytime.

Jeff
Old 03-28-11, 11:59 AM
wilsonsan
Rookie

Have anyone done RHD to LHD ( Aristo body and gs300 front clip) ?
Old 03-28-11, 12:07 PM
jtamulis
Pole Position

Um, my car IS left hand drive, I think almost everyone here (in the states) is.

the Aristos are RHS stock, and the GS300 is LHD (unless in europe)
Old 04-04-11, 07:09 PM
Mr.Gs_GTE
Pole Position

I just came across this the whole time I've been on here and it would have been a lot easier for my swap if I knew about this info. You might also have to reposition your abs accumulator i think?.. next to your intake or where the turbos lines up. On other gs300 like ours that I've seen the motor fits directli in without rubbing the accumulator and i tried doin this and broke the first turbo vaccum duty valve. I had to unbolt the accumulator move it out of the way to fit the motor in now I gotta figure out how I'm gonna remount it cuz there's no way its gonna go in with those turbos next to it without touching. One more thing you guys didn't mention was the coolant bypass hose to the firewall has to be custom fitted. the way I did mine was I got a hose long enough and i mounted it to the heatercore fitting and let it hang then drot the motor in and without you downpipe installed, came from under the car and connect the hose to the main coolant line from the back of the water pump. You will have to get rid of the long metal hose that comes up @ the back of the motor cuz by the the the motor sits in there is no room left to connect it. and if anybody who's done this swap got all your gages to work can you please help me figure out mine.. my entire swap is a VIP swap I don't wanna be driving around town on deep dishes with a missing gage if u feel me. If u like to see my car before my swap go to U-tube and search junior's first generation gs300 its black, with five spokes gold axis wheels with a 7" monitor in the dash blasting MOP I forgot my password to my youtube account so im not gonna be able to reply to ur comments, anyways Im just waiting on my down pipe, throttle cables to get my car started. If u'r out there that figured out your gages please hit me up with some info Pliccaidjr@aol.com or 630-589-7138. I LOVE MY GS!!
Old 04-05-11, 06:40 AM
Kaiser
Lexus Champion

Which gauges aren't working?
Old 04-10-11, 11:15 AM
wilsonsan
Rookie

Heres the problem : I have gs300 LHD and Aristo RHD . Im thinking of putting aristo engine into Gs. My gs doesnt have traction control but Aristo does. Is it possible to take all traction control system and but it on to Gs ?
Old 04-11-11, 10:02 PM
Mr.Gs_GTE
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Kaiser
Which gauges aren't working?
Im actually working on my exhaust this week i don't wanna start up my car without the exhaust hooked up i would probably get the cops called on me lol. But Ive heard that the RPM gage doesn't work when u do the swap and i've just been worried about that. I came across the post about the resistor tho so did it fix urs? Hopefully i will be able go get my car running by this weekend to see what adjustments I gotta make. One more question, after i installed the motor, changed my oil I disable the primary ignition to turn it over u know to kinda prime the engine cuz it been sitting without oil in it and my condenser fan would come on everytime the key is on it never did that with the GE motor in it did U come across this on yours?
Old 04-11-11, 10:04 PM
Mr.Gs_GTE
Pole Position

Originally Posted by wilsonsan
Heres the problem : I have gs300 LHD and Aristo RHD . Im thinking of putting aristo engine into Gs. My gs doesnt have traction control but Aristo does. Is it possible to take all traction control system and but it on to Gs ?
what year is your gs? mine is a 93 and I have traction control
Old 04-11-11, 11:09 PM
wilsonsan
Rookie

94 and us type model.
Old 04-14-11, 07:02 PM
Mr.Gs_GTE
Pole Position

Originally Posted by wilsonsan
94 and us type model.
I haven't seen it but im positive it can be done you just have to be ready for the work cuz that may include a lot of swapping parts. you might end up rewiring almost the enitire car. if you already have the system in a car and u were gonna transfer it over you may simply follow similar set up. The one thing I love about the JZS147s lexus and aristo they are all the same and not the same @ the same time lol. just ask around and see what ppl say.But I know it can be done.
Old 04-15-11, 10:41 PM
wilsonsan
Rookie

But will the engine work fine when i make the swap without transferring trac. cntrl. system ? and how to make that happen ? just empty trac. cntrl. valve ?

Quick Reply: JZS147 swap thread