GS - 1st Gen (1993-1997) Discussion about the first generation GS300

Bad News:(

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-05, 02:58 PM
Aristo94
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow well 45 to me isnt that fast because i fainted and hit a brick mailbox on my cbr600 4 years ago and i was goin only 25ish.i only ended up with a a half side of my head numb cause i got cut on my head even with a helmet on and had to take a month or so to recover. this recovery will be alot faster but, thats y i think 45 isnt that fast. fast for me is above 60ish. im just thankful i was driving my GS because if i did have an accord or a civic idda been very hurt. just want to thank everyone for wishing me the best tho im gettin alot better im starting to become a little more mobile and able to walk around my house upstairs ....
Old 12-20-05, 03:28 PM
cxp2001
Lead Lap

Glad to see you're ok. Sorry to hear about your GS.
Old 12-21-05, 02:33 AM
Epik
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

getting t boned at 45 mph in the drivers side is no joke.. you came out really good from this accident
tell your Dad to worship the Lexus engineering dept. (that ought to help you get another one.)
Old 12-21-05, 10:12 AM
Xeeeeeem
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Epik
getting t boned at 45 mph in the drivers side is no joke.. you came out really good from this accident
tell your Dad to worship the Lexus engineering dept. (that ought to help you get another one.)
Yea, that would be a good case. You gotta be crazy if u think gettin tboned at 45 isn't that bad. Did you get a pretty good whiplash from the impact?? How far did your car slide after they hit you??
Old 12-22-05, 07:54 AM
Aristo94
Pole Position

well im not sure if its considered whiplash but my hip and knee are killing me because my leg got pushed back 2 my stomach and my thigh was pushed up against my torso for over an hour n well staying in that spot for n hour or so messed with my muscles and bones and i think i only moved about 3 or 4 feet from the spot were i got hit it wasnt too far.......car is officially totaled tho and im not sure if my parents want me to look at more gs's but i still want to look for another one
Old 12-22-05, 08:02 AM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 60 Likes on 46 Posts

WOW....sorry to hear that bro. Glad your okay though. Thats more important. Good luck with the new car search as well.
Old 12-22-05, 12:47 PM
0209 CLK
Rookie

Damn....................didn't sound like it was a real bad accident until I saw the pictures..Good thing you have insurance and your still alive.
Old 12-22-05, 08:16 PM
CTgs300
Pole Position

wow you need to buy a lotto ticket. no seriously I know it sucks you lost the car but like evryone says you can always buy another. Thats the second gs i've seen with a side impact and in both cases only minor damage to the people inside. If you really want another gs, plead your case as the car that saved your life. Have a happy holiday . one question did you have the radio up?
Old 12-23-05, 06:04 PM
Aristo94
Pole Position

Originally Posted by CTgs300
wow you need to buy a lotto ticket. no seriously I know it sucks you lost the car but like evryone says you can always buy another. Thats the second gs i've seen with a side impact and in both cases only minor damage to the people inside. If you really want another gs, plead your case as the car that saved your life. Have a happy holiday . one question did you have the radio up?

no actually i had just turned it down to get thru the traffic im such a cautious driver and everything was clear till those SOB's decided to turn their sirens on too late and well i am sooo glad i had my baby hopefully i can get another one!!!! also since yesterday iv finally have been able to get up and walk around and im starting to do alot better im glad im gettin better faster than doc's thought im glad nothing was broken or id been screwed so il start lookin for cars here in a week or so! once again thanks for everyone wishing a fast recovery for me!!!!!

Last edited by Aristo94; 12-23-05 at 06:12 PM.
Old 12-23-05, 06:32 PM
FortuneLS
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

damn lucky you were in a lexus, anything less and you may not have been here to tell the story, unfortunatley i also can vouch for the safety of lexus vehicles, i totalled a 93 sc400. i was cruising down the interstate on my way to work after only gettin 2 hours of sleep and then making a 45 minute commute... needless to say i fell asleep with the cruise set at 85, went in, then out of the ditch spun and hit a guardrail passenger side first, at an estimated 75mph. i hit the end of the guardrail, so my car ended up being bent at about a 15 degree angle...i have pics, ill post them later if i can... i flipped and landed upside down...all i got was 6 stitches for 2 cuts in my hand, which were probably caused by airbag deployment...

heres one crappy pic...

Last edited by FortuneLS; 12-23-05 at 06:37 PM.
Old 12-23-05, 06:47 PM
FortuneLS
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

and heres the rest, sorry for the crappy quality...

Old 12-23-05, 10:16 PM
SuprRunner
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I gave my parts supra to my brother in-law to drive his truck over. Him and his friend took both of thier full sized chevy pickups with 39" tires and drove over it. All 4 rims were so bent, it had to be dragged onto a flatbed, but even with both of the trucks sitting on the crossbar, they could not get it to collaps, and this was a targa top. A week earlier he did the same thing to a grand prix. They pretty much flattend that. Toyota and Lexus really built these thing to take a beating in a wreck.
Old 12-24-05, 03:17 PM
Aristo94
Pole Position

wow well im glad lexus does a good job building sturdy cars.............im alot BETTER 2DAY i went out last night but still called it a night around 1230ish n im gettin better faster so im glad il keep everyone updated on my new car!! im look around between 2nd gen and first gen GS

glad u didnt get hurt too bad either thats good u only got a couple of stiches
Old 12-27-05, 05:55 PM
shoaf213
Lead Lap

Although that DOES SUCK, sorry man, I KNOW the pain. I've totalled 3 cars now, and have had a few more wrecks, lol, and I can tell you, it's NOT cause it's a Lexus. I've totaled an 81 Chyrsler Lebaron, 86 Crown Victoria, and a 2000 Cavalier Z24, walked away from ALL of those accidents without a scrape, no seatbelt in ANY of them. I was T-Boned in the Crown VIc, Ran the Lebaron off the road into a phone pole, and did almost the same thing with the Z24, except hit a tree.
Attached Thumbnails Bad News:(-zafter5.jpg  
Old 12-27-05, 06:00 PM
shoaf213
Lead Lap

As for insurance and parts. I had about 5 K in that Z24, Rims, Kone Shocks, Eibach Springs, Underdrive pulleys, strut and sway bars, etc. I stripped EVERYTHING while it was in the junkyard. They don't wanna cover aftermarket unless you insure it sepertely, so I took all the aftermarket off, and a few stock parts that people wanted. When the insurance company came to get it the control arms werent even connected, I wish I was there to see them tryin to get it on the flatbed. I had a box of stock parts in the passenger seat, LOL
Attached Thumbnails Bad News:(-zafter4.jpg  

Quick Reply: Bad News:(