GS - 1st Gen (1993-1997) Discussion about the first generation GS300

Bad News:(

Old 12-18-05, 12:56 AM
varcity64
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

wow, im speechless... that is some serious damage. be glad your out of the hospital so soon with "minor" injuries. sorry to see ur baby so mangled best of luck with your recovery and hopefully u can be back in a GS sooner than later
Old 12-18-05, 08:38 AM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Sunny,

I don't know what to say - that is awful man. I am guessing if you are able to get to a computer you are ok and nothing too bad is damaged, apart from your car of course.

Tell your father that the reason you are there and still alive is because you had one of the safest cars on the road. He should be thankful that you were in a Lexus and not in some POS that would have mangled both you and the car.

I would definitely fight that ticket you got - it is amazing how bog of dicks cops are after a wreck - especially one as bad as yours.

Hopefully you will get some extra damages for it and will be able to get a 98 GS

You got my number - let me know if you need anything. Sorry again man,
Jonny
Old 12-18-05, 12:24 PM
Xeeeeeem
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

got pics of the ambulance?? heres some pics of my accident
idk if this will work...but heres what happened, a minivan was the first car, ford taurus was the second and i was third. It was sprinkin outside. The minivan slammed on his brakes in the middle of nowhere and the taurus hit him and that cut off my stopping distance and i hit him at about 25mph. My damage was worth more that 4000$ and the guy i hit prolly had 25$ worth of damage. To my suprise, the airbag didn't go off, because my srs light was on (hondas aren't made for offroadin ). I must of activated a sensor by a flyin rock or somn.

[IMG]C:\Documents and Settings\Max\My Documents\My Pictures\accord smashed 2[/IMG]
[IMG]C:\Documents and Settings\Max\My Documents\My Pictures\dumbass i hit[/IMG]

Anyone know how to insert pics?? I'm a lil new!
Old 12-18-05, 12:32 PM
Aristo94
Pole Position

yea jonny i got your # and i will let you know if i need any thing as of right now im not able to walk much so i lay with my laptop in bed lol and hoepfully i can get another gs a 98 im not sure cause i had to kiss *** for my 94 hopefully i can get another one!
Old 12-18-05, 05:27 PM
kgh31386
Pole Position

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

im sorry bout ur car. you should sue the city or something. i hate when the ambulance or police just speed around running lights because they think they're cool. you should, get an IS300 with the money. but these GS300's can take a hit and keep you living. i got clipped by an Excursion and spun across 3 lanes of traffic and hit the concrete median with the left corner, it just crunched it in some. and hey uhhhhhh can i buy your cup holder maybe? unless you can't have access to ur car. what else can you sell off of it?

Last edited by kgh31386; 12-18-05 at 05:34 PM.
Old 12-18-05, 09:31 PM
Epik
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Geez bro.. that is some serious damage. You are very lucky to have been in the GS. Glad you got away with relatively minor injuries and can live to drive another day. Definitely pursue legal action against the EMS driver.. were the lights on that ambulance, just no siren or did they blaze them all at once and slam you?

I have been in many car accidents (rear ended twice.. hit by a drunk driver once..) dont settle your injuries claim for a while.. other things may appear even months down the road as a result of the side impact you experienced. Believe me.. I settled and have back troubles to this day from a rear end collision in 1991. Best of luck and speedy recovery!
Old 12-18-05, 10:56 PM
SuprRunner
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Ouch!!! That looks very painful. That had to be one scary moment, all of the sudden WHAM!!!! and you don't know what to think. Next thing you know, you are looking around to make sure all of your limbs are there and in working order. Glad you got out of that one OK.

Hope you get another GS though. You should tell your dad, that the LEXUS construction is probably what helped save your life. I don't think you would have been so lucky in a honda. There is a reason these cars are soooo heavy. All that extra protection.

Good luck with everything. I have been in 2 accidents while driving, neither were my fault, but because I was a young kid, they made it my fault, heck, on one of them the guy ran a read light(just turned red) and one lane of traffic had already stopped. Guy decided he didn't want to stop so he swerved around the stopped cars, ran the light and T-boned me. I got a ticket for failur to yeild. At my age now...heck no would they get away with that kind of crap. Then they came back and tried to sue for "Loss of fun" because they were on vacation. Fight it man, Fight it.!!!!
Old 12-19-05, 12:48 AM
varcity64
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Xeeeeeem
[IMG]C:\Documents and Settings\Max\My Documents\My Pictures\accord smashed 2[/IMG]
[IMG]C:\Documents and Settings\Max\My Documents\My Pictures\dumbass i hit[/IMG]

Anyone know how to insert pics?? I'm a lil new!
haha... u need to take those pics located in those folders and upload them to your gallery here on CL... THEN u can link them into a post using the [IMG] [/IMG] tags from its location in the gallery... hope that helps and good luck
Old 12-19-05, 09:07 AM
Aristo94
Pole Position

Originally Posted by kgh31386
im sorry bout ur car. you should sue the city or something. i hate when the ambulance or police just speed around running lights because they think they're cool. you should, get an IS300 with the money. but these GS300's can take a hit and keep you living. i got clipped by an Excursion and spun across 3 lanes of traffic and hit the concrete median with the left corner, it just crunched it in some. and hey uhhhhhh can i buy your cup holder maybe? unless you can't have access to ur car. what else can you sell off of it?
as of right now i cant walk but my cup holder before was broken and on top of that i dont know about ne of the stock parts bc the insurance might not let me have those so wen i figure it out il let you know but most likely i wont be able to get em bc everyone else in my fam is really busy and since i cant walk or drive right now its gonna be hard for me to get ne thing else i got most all my personal belongings but i dont think i will be able to get parts,

o and epik they supposedly had just got a call to go to another scene and well they started zoomin down the mid turn lane and they decided to turn on their lights and sirens before they hit me.....plus if they had turned em on right wen they got into the mid turnning lane on commin traffic would have moved so they could get into their lanes but instead they decided to zoom down the middle turning lane and then blast the sirens befo they hit me im sooo pissed about my car everyone, just like somone said on the forums i forgot who but they said was lucky to be gettin a GS while i was in highschool.....but il def take it to court because that di ck head cop stupid as s fu$%er wasnt even on the scene till after it happend n still gave me that dam ticket! ARRRRRRRRRRR
Old 12-19-05, 04:32 PM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Aristo94
as of right now i cant walk but my cup holder before was broken and on top of that i dont know about ne of the stock parts bc the insurance might not let me have those so wen i figure it out il let you know but most likely i wont be able to get em bc everyone else in my fam is really busy and since i cant walk or drive right now its gonna be hard for me to get ne thing else i got most all my personal belongings but i dont think i will be able to get parts,

o and epik they supposedly had just got a call to go to another scene and well they started zoomin down the mid turn lane and they decided to turn on their lights and sirens before they hit me.....plus if they had turned em on right wen they got into the mid turnning lane on commin traffic would have moved so they could get into their lanes but instead they decided to zoom down the middle turning lane and then blast the sirens befo they hit me im sooo pissed about my car everyone, just like somone said on the forums i forgot who but they said was lucky to be gettin a GS while i was in highschool.....but il def take it to court because that di ck head cop stupid as s fu$%er wasnt even on the scene till after it happend n still gave me that dam ticket! ARRRRRRRRRRR
Sunny - just cuz you have been hurt I will be gentle - PUNCTUATION IS YOUR FRIEND!!! Throw a couple of periods in there once in a while

Hope u feel better,
Jonny
Old 12-19-05, 05:10 PM
nyARISTO
Sunroof Surfer

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Lord Let Us Pray

OMG!!!!!!!!! ........... glad your ok tho bro

BUT MAY SHE R.I.P
Old 12-19-05, 09:12 PM
Xeeeeeem
Lead Lap

How fast was the ambulance goin?
Old 12-19-05, 09:25 PM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Omg! That's some painful memory right there. It's good that you had full coverage. I hope you're recovering from the crash.
Old 12-20-05, 06:39 AM
Aristo94
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Dx3
Sunny - just cuz you have been hurt I will be gentle - PUNCTUATION IS YOUR FRIEND!!! Throw a couple of periods in there once in a while

Hope u feel better,
Jonny
haha i will make sure i do next time haha i just got caught up in wat i was writing. the meds im on make me drowsy so i was just like ok im gonna write this post and then sleep, not before this is written.

the ambulence was goin at least over 45 which honestly if u think about it, gettin hit that slow hurts still as u can see wat happened to my car.
Old 12-20-05, 10:05 AM
Xeeeeeem
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Aristo94

the ambulence was goin at least over 45 which honestly if u think about it, gettin hit that slow hurts still as u can see wat happened to my car.
45MPH!?!?!?!?! Thats really really really fast. You got extremely lucky. That ambulance prolly outweighs the Lex 3 or even 4 times. You are one fortunate man my friend!!

At my school 2 years ago, a girl got tboned making a U turn in the middle of nowhere amongst teenage drivers. She got tboned by a car goin 25-35 mph. I believe she was drivin a car somehwere the size of a civic or accord. She had to be airlifted to the hospital and came dam near close to dying. She had a lacerated kidney and broken bones...it was not a pretty sight.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Bad News:(