GS - 1st Gen (1993-1997) Discussion about the first generation GS300

Blacked out housings and DDEs :) (thanks Justin)

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-08, 08:40 PM
LeXusFiTs
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok the HALO's in the fogs look nice. How much?!
Old 01-29-08, 07:32 AM
yusef
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by AACstyle
Yusef, got your fogs in today. I was playing with them to see what I can do since they are such an odd shape. I decided a round ring the same diameter as the headlight would compliment it well:

Guys, I am short one installer today so I am personally picking up some slack here which I am not used to, lol. I will answer ALL questions as soon as I get one free second.

oh daaaaaamn hahaha thats nice. cant wait to get those on the car!
Old 01-29-08, 07:39 AM
blklegend
Lead Lap

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

I think the fogs look kind of weird behind that lined patterned glass.
Old 01-29-08, 08:54 AM
Lexinton
Driver

I agree with blklegend...not sure that I'm the biggest fan of those fogs. I liked the original concept, but now that I see them... The patterened glass doesn't help the cause, but moreso that fact that there is no projector or "oval" shape in our fogs (similar to the fogs of the IS) that would give it more shape or definition. If our fogs could be retrofitted with a small projector and then have the halo around that it would look a lot better.

I asked this somewhere in a previous post (to little answer) that if our 1st Gen-Gs's could be fitted with other fogs from any other car such as the IS. If they could then I would say it would be a much better look. Take a looksee..

If we could put halo's on these fogs, and put those on our cars it would look much better. Not to mention the light output and beam pattern would be much improved due to the fact it would now be a projector as opposed to a reflector foglight...just my .02!

I suppose though that there aren't any projectors small enough to fit in our fogs? I suppose that your company AACstyle doesn't do projector mods do they? I know now I'm getting totally away from the original topic of the thread, but just a thought.
Old 01-29-08, 09:23 AM
yusef
Lexus Champion

it does look a lil different, but i think once on the car with everything else. it will look great. anyway i like how it looks!
Old 01-29-08, 10:32 AM
Frek08
Driver School Candidate

Naw I'm not feelin those fogs but some JDM headlights w/out the lines I gotta get them done I will find some to send to you guys my email is spekledred07@yahoo.com please send me some kind of info to who does what as far as taking the lines out and who does the halos and where yall are on the map please holla at me PLEASE I need that before the summer. PLEASE!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-30-08, 07:25 AM
Lexatlast
Lexus Test Driver

i'm glad everything is comin together with this group buy.

AACStyle, would you say it may take about a week turnaround for paint/halos/de-lining? Cause i'll go get my car painted in the meantime without headlights lol.
Old 01-30-08, 07:51 AM
BKzSC400
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

hey i want the kit!! what i gotta do?!?!?
Old 01-30-08, 08:14 AM
Lexatlast
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by BKzSC400
hey i want the kit!! what i gotta do?!?!?
lol hey frank

you just did it lol

once AACStyle is set and we have pricing and shipping info, we send out lights and checks.
Old 01-30-08, 08:23 AM
AACstyle
Former Vendor

In regards to the delining of the headlights - in your opinion does it make that much of a significant difference in regards to the visibility of the halos/hid's? I think that's a big factor for me, since I figure it would look better, but don't necessarily care to do it unless it's that significant of a change. When you take those pics, would you be able to take some with the headlight completely assembled (and from varying distances) so that it would illustrate the visibility?
After talking to our installers they estimated this process to take over 1.5 hours per lens which would make a set of lenses delined cost $249 in labor. It may make a difference in visibility but its not cheap.

Also, didn't see any cost associated with the painting of the headlights. I went back a few posts and noticed that you had a cost of $245 for halos and paint job. Does that still apply or is there a different pricing? Also was going to request to clear out my headlight (take out the yellow piece from the indicator) since you will already have the headlight disassembled. I assume there isn't much of a surcharge for that as well? I guess this is where a price listing of any other add-ons from the $119 for the kit would help if available.
No, the removal of the amber lens is no cost.

The $245 is to install and paint the lights, that does not include the cost of the kit $119.

Finally, I followed the link you posted to the ebay page of the Gen-2 GS, and noticed that you offer 6000K and 8000K kits. Would that option be available to our vehicle as well?
The GB price is just for 6000K because that is all we have at this time.

Whenever your company is ready to accept orders, please let everyone know - oh as well as payment options, and which way is best to get the funds to your company - thanks again!
We are ready for orders, for installations you can include a check or MO with the lights as well as a return shipping label.

If you are just ordering a kit you can call us (800)407-5776. Just tell them you are with the ClubLex GB.
Old 01-30-08, 10:17 AM
joelgs3
Pole Position

Originally Posted by AACstyle
After talking to our installers they estimated this process to take over 1.5 hours per lens which would make a set of lenses delined cost $249 in labor. It may make a difference in visibility but its not cheap.

No, the removal of the amber lens is no cost.

The $245 is to install and paint the lights, that does not include the cost of the kit $119.

The GB price is just for 6000K because that is all we have at this time.

We are ready for orders, for installations you can include a check or MO with the lights as well as a return shipping label.

If you are just ordering a kit you can call us (800)407-5776. Just tell them you are with the ClubLex GB.

wutz the grand total for the headlights? i mean with every
thing(de linning,halos,etc) and are we suppose to send them in ?
Old 01-30-08, 10:32 AM
recon
Driver School Candidate

hold-up I'm a little lost here on the last post #85. Let me get this straight, de-lining 1 set of lenses will take roughly 3hrs or so cost $249 in labor. Another $245. to install and paint, my 1st gen is a burgundy or maroon color which needs a serious paint make over. $119. for the halo kit which wil bring a total of $613 and a turnaround time of one week. If this is correct, how much more would it be for the HID 6000k or 8000k plug-n-play kit? I also agree with blklegend and lexinton I'm not feelin those fog halos at all, I'll pass on that one. But I'm ready to ship and pay for the above total if that's correct. But I also need the HID 8000k or 6000k plug-n-play as well. I'm tryin to flex my ride in DC this summer at the park. What's the shipping address and who do we make the MO or check out to?
Old 01-30-08, 10:46 AM
blklegend
Lead Lap

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Is it possible to put a how to on wet sanding the lines off the headlights? Because total cost to get things done is alot more than the originally anticipated $119.
Old 01-30-08, 11:33 AM
LeXusFiTs
Lead Lap

There is already a how to on these forums about how to remove the line done by Jmai. It is a long process and still there were some lines visible, $250 to have the lines cleared is a decent price in my opinion.
Old 01-30-08, 12:24 PM
Lexinton
Driver

-blklegend-

I found the following from Jmai - another forum member

Originally Posted by Jmai22
dam been so busy. haven't been online in a while. well its very tedious work. took me about 1 day to do each headlight. now with that said.

i will be remaking 1 headlight, so maybe this time when i do it i'll take tons of picture. the reason why i will be doing one headlight is because i let my girl friend drive my car and she smashed my headlight and bumper into someone's rear end.

basically you can do it by hand or machine/hand. the machine route is much easier but you have to find to find a machine with a small head because of the shape of our headlights.(the one i used was by black and decker and it's called a "mouse". and its orange). use about 6 sheets of the 150grit sand paper that was designed for the sander. don't be cheap on sand paper it iwll just make it take longer to do. sand paper is cheap.

well after you have sanded down all the major lines. you now have to do the rest by hand. start out dry and do 500 grit for about a good 15 minutes. after that wet the headlight and wet sand using 1000, 1500, then 2000 each for about 20-30 minutes. but the 2000 do it for about 30+. after all the sanding buy 2 bottles of meguir. i forgot what they are but i think they are bottles 17 and 10. basically use these bottles and polish out all the white. this step will take you about 1 hour. after that if its still not clear and you still see scratches go back and do 2000 again. but if the scratches are big do 1500, and 2000 again.

this is just the basic instructions for clearing out all the major lines and does not include opening and resealing the headlight. i will try to do a write up when i redo my driver side headlight.
Now I personally did this myself, and it didn't turn out to bad. Didn't complete the job - basically got at the stage of pics that lexus4jess had in earlier posts, but was coming along. What I screwed up on was the baking of my headlights. I must of had them in the oven for way too long or something, and because of that melted parts of the headlight beyond repair that I couldn't fit it properly back into the car. I will see if I have any pics anywhere that I can post of the job I did, but I will say this much...you better have time on your hands to complete the job. It DOES take 2-4 hours per headlight.

The price is reasonable, but what I'm figuring to myself if I can take apart my headlight and do the wetsanding and then send it off to AACstyle separated so they can complete the process (halo install) and re-attach the headlight, then maybe I can save a few bucks and get the job done. What I'm personally worried about is frying my headlights (again!) but I figure a heat gun might be a much better way to do it then my home oven! Leave that one to the pros at AACstyle

If your really considering doing the delining, and you're on the fence (such as myself) go back to the 1st post of this thread and take a look at the pics of Eric-RPS13- car. Personally I think it's not bad at all! I just think of all those new BMW's and there Halo/HID set up look so clean and distinct from any distance and they have cleared lenses. (I know - glass as opposed to plastic lense but still...)

...damn....decisions decisions....

-recon-

If you go on the AACstyle website, I believe the prices are posted for the HID kits.

-AACstyle-

For those who are curious, could you give the pricing for the foglights? As well, do you have any other pics you could provide of the headlights? Still would like to see what they look like from various distances with the lense back on.

For return shipping, how are the charges going to be worked out for that? I assume that's not included in the $119. Obviously we would pay for shipping to get them to you, but my concern is how we pay for you to ship them back to us, for me especially since I'm in Canada. Do you have a flat rate for shipping by chance or is that done on an individual basis...

...Or is your company being a great group of people and covering those return shipping charges?!?! Just would like to know since I'm shipping on Monday.

Quick Reply: Blacked out housings and DDEs :) (thanks Justin)