GS F (2016-present) Discussion topics related to the GS F model

Lexus service contract for GS F

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-17, 08:52 PM
Shelly40
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ssmoked
very nice. Did you have to negotiate hard or did they throw that deal at you?

whats your previous lease?
I was negotiating with dealer #1, and at the end, they were firm at 71.5k + tax... and 2900 to end my lease....
The car had almost 300 miles on it....

Couldn't get them down any lower.... I walked out.....
I think they never thought I would walk out on that offer.....
But I had the leverage of not really needing a car for a few more months.....

I still had my CTS Vsport...... which I might add, was a very good car for the time I had it....
That is the lease I was ending...

Anyway... went to dealer #2
their first offer was 79,000
I offered 68,000
They came down to 75,000
I offered 69,500
They offered 72000
I offered 70k....
then I said we will split it and arrived at 71k, Then I sprang the lease payment I needed on them....
That the deal was contingent on them paying $3000, and we would have a deal....
When I told them I would put about 30k down payment, after about 20 minutes of waiting, they said ok....
And this was on a car that was about $300 more than dealer #1, and only had 16 miles on it...
which I felt better about, than the 300 miles at the first dealer...

I think I did pretty well....
I may have been able to do a little better, but at that point, I just wanted to get the car....
I don't have to negotiate every last dollar....

After the 4 days of having it, it's a terrific car....
I know it's not the end all in 0-60 time, but its as fast as the Vsport.... and that's all the speed I really need....
People say an S6, or a 550i, or an E550 is better, just because its a little faster to 60....
ya gotta look at the whole car....people are blinded by speed.....
I'm very happy with it...and I know it will be way more dependable than any of those others I mentioned.....

Shelly
The following users liked this post:
danwlee (03-10-17)
Old 03-09-17, 09:07 PM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

Received 96 Likes on 83 Posts

^ very nice on your negotiating skills. Did you by chance see what other owners are buying the GSF for on this site and used it as your base point?

seems like you have need for speed in your blood! Welcome
Old 03-10-17, 07:33 AM
danwlee
Driver

Received 38 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Shelly40
I was negotiating with dealer #1, and at the end, they were firm at 71.5k + tax... and 2900 to end my lease....
The car had almost 300 miles on it....

Couldn't get them down any lower.... I walked out.....
I think they never thought I would walk out on that offer.....
But I had the leverage of not really needing a car for a few more months.....

I still had my CTS Vsport...... which I might add, was a very good car for the time I had it....
That is the lease I was ending...

Anyway... went to dealer #2
their first offer was 79,000
I offered 68,000
They came down to 75,000
I offered 69,500
They offered 72000
I offered 70k....
then I said we will split it and arrived at 71k, Then I sprang the lease payment I needed on them....
That the deal was contingent on them paying $3000, and we would have a deal....
When I told them I would put about 30k down payment, after about 20 minutes of waiting, they said ok....
And this was on a car that was about $300 more than dealer #1, and only had 16 miles on it...
which I felt better about, than the 300 miles at the first dealer...

I think I did pretty well....
I may have been able to do a little better, but at that point, I just wanted to get the car....
I don't have to negotiate every last dollar....

After the 4 days of having it, it's a terrific car....
I know it's not the end all in 0-60 time, but its as fast as the Vsport.... and that's all the speed I really need....
People say an S6, or a 550i, or an E550 is better, just because its a little faster to 60....
ya gotta look at the whole car....people are blinded by speed.....
I'm very happy with it...and I know it will be way more dependable than any of those others I mentioned.....

Shelly
Great job. I got mine back in December for $77k (which would have been a "meh" deal in itself; Sticker was $88k), but on top of the $77k, I traded in my 2007 TL-S and got them to give me what I had wanted had i gone and sold the car private party. I'm in Ohio and a trade-in for a new car is eligible for a tax credit, so I saved a little over $1k in taxes doing it this way and didn't have to deal with a private party sale.

I also have a 2013 S6, and while the S6 is undeniably quicker (especially from a stop), I have more fun in the GSF for spirited driving.

Last edited by danwlee; 03-10-17 at 07:39 AM.
Old 03-10-17, 07:53 AM
mikha619
Driver

Received 32 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Shelly40
So I got my new GS F on Monday....
I am trying to decide if the service contract is a decent deal....

$ 1495 for 3 years, up to 35,000 miles.....

But with the 5,000, and 10.000 maintenance already included for free,
it is really only about 2 years and 25,000 miles..... so basically, 5 service visits.....after the two included ones.....

This is my first Lexus, so I have no idea what they charge for service.....

I purchased my GS F, and plan to keep it for many years.....

So, are people buying this service contract ?
Or paying on a per visit basis.....

I am in Florida if that matters....

Thanks for any insight

Shelly
i think you may be getting confused with the term "service contract." In the car business, a service contract is another word for an extended warranty which is why 3 years of "service" does not sound like a good deal for 1,500 bucks lol. Im a salesman for a local dealership where i live. Make sure you getting what you think you are getting. Actual service packages are much cheaper.
Old 03-10-17, 09:21 AM
mjeds
Lexus Champion

Received 188 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by mikha619
i think you may be getting confused with the term "service contract." In the car business, a service contract is another word for an extended warranty which is why 3 years of "service" does not sound like a good deal for 1,500 bucks lol. Im a salesman for a local dealership where i live. Make sure you getting what you think you are getting. Actual service packages are much cheaper.
Lexus calls the extended Warranty: Lexus Extra Care (Platinum or Gold)

and the Maintenance agreement is: Lexus Luxury Care (pre-paid Maintenance).

however both are referred to as Lexus Extended Service Agreements, which specific one you are talking about is subtitled with "Extra" (warranty) or "Luxury" maintenance. I believe it is a confusing marketing gimmick to make you confused and agree to purchase both, it was like pulling teeth for me to get the finance guy to break them down individually, and I experienced the same behavior when I bought my wife's Camry a few months ago from Toyota, which is what makes me believed they are trained this way, to confuse the buyer into agreeing to them.

Last edited by mjeds; 03-10-17 at 09:25 AM.
Old 03-10-17, 12:14 PM
Shelly40
Driver School Candidate

What I was curious about is the prepaid maintenance.... not an extended warranty.....

The oil changes, the filter replacements, etc......

Shelly
Old 03-11-17, 02:29 PM
Shelly40
Driver School Candidate

So had to go back to the dealer today....

Not cuz anything is wrong, just had to give them my down payment.......So the deal is finally finished.....

I decided against the prepaid maintenance.....

Shelly
Old 03-11-17, 05:09 PM
tq745
Pit Crew

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

good choice declining the prepaid maintenance. don't forget to post some pics!
Old 03-10-21, 01:45 PM
NinjaNap
Pit Crew

Received 79 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by mjeds
I paid for $1895 for 5 year / 40K which comes out to ~$230ish per oil change.. sort of, as the service also includes replacing the fob batteries, the intake and cabin filters and any fluid replacements required at the mileage specific service: (I just called Lexus Care and verified that), plus you get a loaner if it is going to take more than 1 hour to do the service.

every 10K requires a cabin filter replacement = $45 on Amazon, and fob battery replacement = $8 - $12 so that is 9 of each or roughly $495

at 30K, 60K and 90K the intake filter replacement is required = $38 -$65 on Amazon, so about $150-$200 there.

at 60K brake flush and replacement of fluid is required, as is spark plug replacement and rear diff oil. That service is $500-$700 usually, for the labor.

So take into account an average oil change is $100, $500 for the cabin filters and batteries, $150-$200 for intake filter, and $500-$700 for the fluid change @ 60K, $1800 is actually a decent price, when you add everything up you are well over $3,000.

you are basically pre-paying for the service, and you do receive a discount for doing so, and you can at any time buy the pre-paid services. and yes it works at any dealer, I had my 5k, and 10k done at different dealers, no questions asked, it is linked to your VIN in the Lexus system.

For me it made sense, I would spend that money either way so why not just pre-pay, so I can drive in, drop the car, get a loaner for free, come back after hours and get the car and not have to worry about dealing with the cashier or paying for the service at that point..

when I hit 40K, if I still have the car I will evaluate whether or not to pre-pay again. The max you can pre-pay for I believe is 10years or 150K,

all depends on your perspective. I think it is worth it for the convenience and discount.
Spark plugs aren’t changed until 100k miles. You got taken for $230/oil change. I’ve never heard anyone on here have a dealer charge more than $150 per change. There’s no peace of mind at all - you’re prepaying at a premium for no advantage other than you already paid...at like double the price for oil changes.

Hell the TVD drain/fill is like $45. ATF was like $200. Oil change is like $140.

These cars don’t need extended warranties or prepaid maintenance for fear of some costly service.