The rarest GS F in the US

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-17, 08:42 AM
Stormryu
Rookie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by bigblack06
Yea I saw this and called them before, there family owns a business in Canada and they brought the cars over when there were no used GS-F's I would buy it but I really cant deal with the odometer and since that can't be changed for some reason that's a deal breaker
Almost dashed the hopes, because I was thinking in a couple years when I go to buy one, I might see what prices they have across the boarder (I'm not too far away) if the new models over here are still priced a bit high (also like you, I really like the Canada specs. I'd rather buy the car with the features rather than installing them myself. Also might just be overall cheaper to buy up there, even with tax/import).

But then again, I might just deal with their Odometer and keep track of the miles that way and convert when needed. Doing a quick search on Toyota/Lexus forums, some say you would have to get the entire display taken out just for that, and that is definitely looking to be to much.

Also since you're in Boston, did you get a chance to go to the New England International Car Show? it was pretty epic

Last edited by Stormryu; 01-24-17 at 08:48 AM.
Old 01-24-17, 08:46 AM
mjeds
Lexus Champion

Received 188 Likes on 145 Posts

Yea I saw this and called them before, there family owns a business in Canada and they brought the cars over when there were no used GS-F's I would buy it but I really cant deal with the odometer and since that can't be changed for some reason that's a deal breaker but I love the extra features that Canada gets for the GS-F, also technically that is carbon fiber its just the reinforced carbon fiber polymer.

pretty sure the odometer can be changed from Metric to Standard with the dealer scan tool. shouldn't be that big of an issue.
Old 01-24-17, 05:59 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,854 Likes on 2,337 Posts

Originally Posted by mjeds
pretty sure the odometer can be changed from Metric to Standard with the dealer scan tool. shouldn't be that big of an issue.
There is nothing in TIS to support this assertion.
Old 01-24-17, 09:09 PM
bigblack06

Received 321 Likes on 219 Posts

Originally Posted by Stormryu
Almost dashed the hopes, because I was thinking in a couple years when I go to buy one, I might see what prices they have across the boarder (I'm not too far away) if the new models over here are still priced a bit high (also like you, I really like the Canada specs. I'd rather buy the car with the features rather than installing them myself. Also might just be overall cheaper to buy up there, even with tax/import).

But then again, I might just deal with their Odometer and keep track of the miles that way and convert when needed. Doing a quick search on Toyota/Lexus forums, some say you would have to get the entire display taken out just for that, and that is definitely looking to be to much.

Also since you're in Boston, did you get a chance to go to the New England International Car Show? it was pretty epic
Yes I did saw the amazing blue color and it looked amazing.

Originally Posted by mjeds
You can not only thing you can change is the middle display the one to the right is printed on like the regular GS.
Old 01-25-17, 11:41 AM
Stormryu
Rookie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm having the hardest time trying to figure out whether it looks best in USB 2.0, White or Black. But seeing that Blue in person just blew me away. Coming in tied for second for me were the RS7 and NSX and the show. Not the best pics, but something.

I have no idea why everything I upload is sideways on this site
Attached Thumbnails The rarest GS F in the US-gsf-front-lights-on.jpg   The rarest GS F in the US-gsf-back.jpg   The rarest GS F in the US-gsf-side.jpg   The rarest GS F in the US-rs7.jpg   The rarest GS F in the US-nsx.jpg  

Old 01-25-17, 12:58 PM
mjeds
Lexus Champion

Received 188 Likes on 145 Posts

You can not only thing you can change is the middle display the one to the right is printed on like the regular GS.
you're talking about the SPEEDOMETER, not the ODOMETER.

yeah that might bug me too, but to be honest I don't even recall the last time I actually looked at the Speedo on my RCF. I typically look at the digital readout or my navdy HUD.
Old 11-11-20, 05:45 AM
bonaf1de
Driver School Candidate

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Yea I saw this and called them before, there family owns a business in Canada and they brought the cars over when there were no used GS-F's I would buy it but I really cant deal with the odometer and since that can't be changed for some reason that's a deal breaker but I love the extra features that Canada gets for the GS-F, also technically that is carbon fiber its just the reinforced carbon fiber polymer.
Thanks for the info, bigblack06. I just purchased this vehicle with 61k miles on the odometer from another dealer in South Florida who took the 2nd vehicle on trade about a month ago. It was in pristine condition and given 5 thumbs up from JM Lexus after full inspection.

Initially, I was hesitant to pull the trigger (see my first post via History). The lack of official records and wonky history didn’t help. The selling dealer gave a plausible explanation not too far removed from your information, so now I appreciate being able to piece the puzzles together.
Old 11-11-20, 05:52 AM
designo
Pole Position

Received 450 Likes on 284 Posts

Here is something strange, the "gray" car is known in this region as Sonic Titanium.
Everything about it indicates it's a Canadian car, however, the VIN indicates it is in fact a GCC (Gulf) spec vehicle.
It has diamond-cut wheels and forged carbon trim.