GS F (2016-present) Discussion topics related to the GS F model

Wind Noise from driver side window area

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-17, 04:37 PM
Salil022
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Wind Noise from driver side window area

Have any of you guys with GS F noticed any wind noise from Front Driver side window area?
I had few GS350 Loaners and none of them had it.

This is my 2nd GS F....First one had it as well but not as prominent.
Old 01-06-17, 04:49 PM
egolfer
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes, I have wind noise as well on my '16 GSF. Really annoying and I am going to ask for new door seals next week when I bring it in for my 10K service. I can slide an 8.5" x 11" piece of paper from inside between the door seal and the door at the top easily when the door is shut.......
Old 01-06-17, 06:07 PM
Rrgirgis
Rookie

Yes, I have noticed the wind noise noise too, keep us posted when you take it to the dealer.

In my experience sometimes You have to ride with the advisor to show them then noise so they don't just write it off as "normal".

When i I take mine in for service I plan on pointing it out.

on a side note I also have a small rattle coming from under the dash that I am going to mention too.
Old 01-06-17, 07:14 PM
Salil022
Instructor

Originally Posted by Rrgirgis
Yes, I have noticed the wind noise noise too, keep us posted when you take it to the dealer.

In my experience sometimes You have to ride with the advisor to show them then noise so they don't just write it off as "normal".

on a side note I also have a small rattle coming from under the dash that I am going to mention too.
Glad i am not the only one...I wonder if Double Pane glass would resolve this wind noise issue, as newer GS have them.
Old 01-07-17, 07:25 PM
Rrgirgis
Rookie

Originally Posted by Salil022
Glad i am not the only one...I wonder if Double Pane glass would resolve this wind noise issue, as newer GS have them.
i thought the same too, but I think the double pane glass is good for reducing/eliminating road noise. Maybe on the GSF it wouldn't be good because it would reduce that V8 symphony when the windows are up

it seems more like a rubber door seal not being thick enough?? I think I'm going to try painters tape around the front drivers side outer window frame and see if that reduces it... the wind noise isn't terrible but it's definitely there and around 50mph seems really slow to have wind noise; I would expect a little at maybe closer to 90.

i also came from a 2013 gs350 f sport with the double pane and there was no wind noise from the windows, but there was some from the sun roof lol
Old 01-09-17, 11:22 AM
GSF4RL
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

"This is my 2nd GS F....First one had it as well but not as prominent"

. You have had 2 GS F's?
Old 01-09-17, 09:53 PM
Salil022
Instructor

Originally Posted by GSF4RL
"This is my 2nd GS F....First one had it as well but not as prominent"

. You have had 2 GS F's?
That is correct.
Old 01-10-17, 09:55 AM
GSF4RL
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

^^^^^^^^^^^ Sorry to move off topic but If you don't mind me asking, why 2?
Old 01-13-17, 04:16 PM
BigMikeISF
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

I thought I was going crazy with the wind noise. Glad to hear others are experiencing the same issue. I'm actually going to the dealer tomorrow and will see what they say
Old 01-14-17, 12:45 AM
Salil022
Instructor

Originally Posted by BigMikeISF
I thought I was going crazy with the wind noise. Glad to hear others are experiencing the same issue. I'm actually going to the dealer tomorrow and will see what they say
Let us know what dealership says
Old 02-23-17, 01:23 PM
Rrgirgis
Rookie

Hey guys any update on the wind noise issue? Just checking in as im getting close to a service.. thanks
Old 02-23-17, 05:18 PM
Salil022
Instructor

Hey guys any update on the wind noise issue? Just checking in as im getting close to a service.. thanks
I had the dealer replace Window rubber Seals but that did not make any difference...We all need to raise this as a concern as normal GS350s don't have this issue.

Lexus needs to come up with a solution sooner than later.
Old 02-24-17, 05:12 AM
Rrgirgis
Rookie

Originally Posted by Salil022
I had the dealer replace Window rubber Seals but that did not make any difference...We all need to raise this as a concern as normal GS350s don't have this issue.

Lexus needs to come up with a solution sooner than later.
Thanks salil022 for the update.

glad to hear the dealer at least acknowledged the issue and attempted to fix/change something.

yeah i agree there should be no reason why the F would have wind noise and the standard GS doesnt. From the a-pillar to the rear quarter panel the car design is idential to each other.

Hopefully as people bring it up to dealers they will figure out what is causing the issue.
Old 02-25-17, 04:09 PM
beatlepd
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did you figure out the rattle? I'm scheduling my 5k for next weekend and want them to look into that...plus the wind noise.
Old 02-25-17, 05:14 PM
Rrgirgis
Rookie

Originally Posted by beatlepd
Did you figure out the rattle? I'm scheduling my 5k for next weekend and want them to look into that...plus the wind noise.
I havent taken mine to the dealer yet but i know the rattle is coming from the where the bottom steering wheel panel meets the HUD panel. When im driving if i put my finger on the HUD panel and push it the rattle will stop.

Im starting to think the wind noise is because the doors are not closing tight enough to the door jam frame of the car when it closes; specifically the pillar where the Two doors meet.

keep us posted if what the dealer says when you take it.

Quick Reply: Wind Noise from driver side window area