ssmoked
Lexus Champion

Received 96 Likes on 83 Posts

Andddd.... That's why the GSF is not selling at the sticker price
Old 07-20-16, 11:19 AM
Afrosheen
Lexus Test Driver

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

This is a real puzzle. They hate on the Cadillac during the drive, complain about the dopey transmission and awful infotainment, but then give it the trophy after it wins handily on the track.

The Lexus is down on power and cheaper, more comfortable, easier to drive on real roads, etc. etc. and they genuinely enjoy it until the lap times come in, and they turn and burn it to the ground.

If you watch all the video leading up to the track race, you'd be convinced the GS-F takes the prize easily. I have no idea why they picked the CTS-V unless, like alot of people on the internet, they prefer comparing numbers and dispensing with all that "it feels great, sounds good, works well" stuff that cars are made of.

I suppose when you step into this price range, the hp numbers have to be there regardless of how good a NA v8 sounds and runs, because the competition is in the 600+ club and you're not even out of the 500's. The GSF, priced in the mid 70's, would probably be just right.
Old 07-20-16, 11:54 AM
Alizia
Pit Crew

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

All i was thinking was that... once the GS-F gets supercharged like the CTS-V everything they said about the CTS-V will be transferred over for the GS-F. You're comparing a car that has 180 more hp than the other. Of course the CTS-V is going to perform better. What I thought was silly was that they were canning the navigation and other crap but they don't even show it! like really? I guess that's a personal opinion then.
Old 07-20-16, 12:06 PM
disguy
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

good, I'm glad the ctsv got better rating then the gsf. don't hype them boys up at lexus.
Old 07-21-16, 04:35 AM
Boomin
Racer

Received 399 Likes on 242 Posts

Its true that the GS F is a way better ride than RC F. GS F is plenty of power for me, the infotainment should be switched for a better one. Hell pay a competitor for theirs just get rid of it already. The nose..... to each their own
Old 07-22-16, 04:14 AM
ming15237
Lead Lap

When you drive these two cars it becomes apparent where each manufacturer spent their money! Lexus was all about prescision, not brute force, besides they do not have an engine available to them that makes serious power, nor are they going to make a "one off" for a nich vehicle like the GSF. Floor a gsf, and it accelerates as a powerful vehicle should, and it sounds amazingly good. I for one will never "badge buy" just because it's a Lexus. The looks of the Lexus are truly too personal to be of value to me, it's what I think looks good that counts. Now the CTSV has clearly spent some serious time in the gym! That thing doesn't as much accelerate as it CATAPULTS you forward! I mean seriously, you instantly start praying this thing has great brakes! I for one love the Magnetic Ride Control! I think it rides nicer than the GSF. Looks again are good too me, but this is subjective. The CTSV is a tool, and a great one at that! When you drive a car in this price range, (near 90k) you should NEVER be left wondering where they spent their money, or what your paying extra for! The Lexus really left me feeling that way! When I bought my ISF it was extremly competivly in its price range, with both power, performance, and styling. The GSF not so much... I said it in the past and will say it again, in the upper 60's to very low 70's this is a car to buy! But there is no way in hell I will buy one in the 80's, never going to happen! And judging by the amount of unsold cars across the country apparently the majority of people feel the same. Fanboys aside, this car simply underperforms in this segment. When you are out accelerated by a supercharged v6 Audi, you need to head back to the drawing board Lexus, and come back when your ready to play with your big boy pants on!
Old 07-31-16, 11:10 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

I knew the results of the battle before it even watched it. How could you not ? Balance is great but there is too much bragging and d swinging in this segment to let 173 hp slide for the same sticker
Old 08-01-16, 02:41 AM
chris6878
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

When they did the test drive, was the gsf driven in granny mode or manual? looked like granny mode to me
Old 08-02-16, 03:07 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Haha bro it could be in superman mode and lose to the CTSV . Lexus got into a gun fight with a really really sharp knife and got blown away . We can all exclaim about how much we like the knife and how shiny , sharp, and pretty it is but ........ It's just a freakn knife .
Old 08-02-16, 06:44 PM
talltrini1
Pit Crew

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by chris6878
When they did the test drive, was the gsf driven in granny mode or manual? looked like granny mode to me
That's what the "173 less hp" mode looks like, unfortunately.
And it's the only mode that it has.
Old 08-03-16, 02:12 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by talltrini1
That's what the "173 less hp" mode looks like, unfortunately.
And it's the only mode that it has.
HAHAHAHA good one bro ! Lmao
Old 08-04-16, 11:33 AM
talltrini1
Pit Crew

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
HAHAHAHA good one bro ! Lmao
I wish it weren't the case. I really want Toyota/Lexus to do better in the performance space, but maybe that's really just not their thing. I mean, check out this article about the new Supra:
http://www.motortrend.com/news/alter...e-big-picture/

This quote right here tells you everything you need to know:
"Lentz points out the new Tacoma is the latest in a line of midsize Toyota pickups that dates back 50 years, and that the TRD versions accounted for about 40 percent of sales last year, with buyers tending to be younger than the rest of the Toyota line. Then he stops and says: “Tacoma is our sports car.”"
Old 08-26-16, 07:33 PM
DShiekhi
Driver

Default Lexus GS F Takes on the Cadillac CTS-V

Lexus GS F Takes on the Cadillac CTS-V

Germany has a major presence in the midsize hot rod sedan market. America and Japan have cars in it, too. In the following video, <em>Motor Trend</em> takes their competitors, the Cadillac CTS-V and the Lexus GS F, and pits them against each other.

Read the rest on the ClubLexus.com homepage. >>