GS F (2016-present) Discussion topics related to the GS F model

the minor annoyances thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-16, 11:23 AM
Merzbow
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default the minor annoyances thread

Thought it might be a good idea to start a thread to discuss minor annoyances in the GS-F. An we can share workarounds or settings for these annoyances.

1. No digital clock at all? Seriously? From the manual it looks like the lower-end GS models do have a way to toggle an instrument-cluster clock, but not the GS-F.

2. The initial "three-bar" setting for the active cruise control is way too long. I really don't need to have what feels like a football field of space between me and the next car. Is there no way to set this lower by default? Having to hunt for and hit the radar button twice every time I turn on cruise control is a big chore.

3. Lane Departure Alert. What a thoroughly useless feature. Aside from all the false alarms it generates, what's the point if it doesn't also come with a feature to keep me in the lane (like some competitors)? If you're so oblivious to your surroundings that you can't realize when you're drifting lanes you shouldn't be driving a sports car in the first place.
Old 07-09-16, 02:16 PM
nehal51086
Lead Lap

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

I really wish the trunk opened on it's own...(spring loaded)...im pretty sure the RC we have in the family does..couldn't have been they big of weight savings.
Old 07-09-16, 04:07 PM
Rrgirgis
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Merzbow
Thought it might be a good idea to start a thread to discuss minor annoyances in the GS-F. An we can share workarounds or settings for these annoyances.

3. Lane Departure Alert. What a thoroughly useless feature. Aside from all the false alarms it generates, what's the point if it doesn't also come with a feature to keep me in the lane (like some competitors)? If you're so oblivious to your surroundings that you can't realize when you're drifting lanes you shouldn't be driving a sports car in the first place.
The LDA does move the wheel slightly to keep you in the lane and not just warn you only with a tone.

Its very subtle, but it does keep you straight. Also after so many miles of drifting with the LDA on it will light up a coffee logo in the dash and tell you to stop for a coffee break
Old 07-09-16, 05:50 PM
Merzbow
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Rrgirgis
The LDA does move the wheel slightly to keep you in the lane and not just warn you only with a tone.

Its very subtle, but it does keep you straight. Also after so many miles of drifting with the LDA on it will light up a coffee logo in the dash and tell you to stop for a coffee break
Must have missed that part in the manual. I will have to play around with that on an empty road...
Old 07-11-16, 09:26 AM
mdrx350md
Rookie

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

I actually like having the big space between myself and the car in front so peace of mind and enough reaction time if I need to take over. I generally don't use this feature in heavier traffic or used in the other two shorter distance settings.
Old 07-13-16, 11:15 PM
aginnt
Driver

Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts

Here is my short list of annoyances
  1. Power Truck
  2. More adjustments on the front seats
  3. Small dead spot when LDA is on
  4. Full speed radar cruise
  5. When LDA is on, can't change the HUD display settings
  6. Fold down rear seats
  7. Rear seat entertainment and climate controls
Old 07-19-16, 04:36 AM
symple84
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by aginnt
Here is my short list of annoyances
  1. Power Truck
  2. More adjustments on the front seats
  3. Small dead spot when LDA is on
  4. Full speed radar cruise
  5. When LDA is on, can't change the HUD display settings
  6. Fold down rear seats
  7. Rear seat entertainment and climate controls
Does anyone else notice that the windshield wipers don't fold down into the bottom of the hood? My passenger side wiper sticks up....
Old 07-20-16, 05:38 AM
nehal51086
Lead Lap

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Im gona need to add...Digital clock...even it wad tiny..in a corner on either the nav unit screen or in instrument cluster
Old 07-20-16, 07:40 AM
mdrx350md
Rookie

No Apple Carplay
Old 07-20-16, 08:08 AM
Rrgirgis
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mdrx350md
No Apple Carplay
Beatsonic is coming out with an intergration unit to make the GS infotainment/navi system work with apple car play.

According to beatsonic it should be available by year end for the GS line only.
Old 07-20-16, 08:57 AM
yardie876
Lexus Champion

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by symple84
Does anyone else notice that the windshield wipers don't fold down into the bottom of the hood? My passenger side wiper sticks up....
Sounds like they're in winter mode. A firm push down on the wipers will pop them into normal mode where they're hidden.
Old 07-20-16, 09:27 AM
mdrx350md
Rookie

Originally Posted by Rrgirgis
Beatsonic is coming out with an intergration unit to make the GS infotainment/navi system work with apple car play.

According to beatsonic it should be available by year end for the GS line only.
Awesome, I'll be looking forward to that.
Old 07-25-16, 07:11 PM
symple84
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by yardie876
Sounds like they're in winter mode. A firm push down on the wipers will pop them into normal mode where they're hidden.
Thanks for the tip, that was the issue!!
Old 09-21-16, 06:25 PM
McP
Driver School Candidate

1) Mouse Interface - Who allowed the mouse controller through testing? it is the since worst user interface i've seen in a car.
2) Why can't I turn the stupid ASC fake sound thing off permanently ? why when I paid for a 5L V8 do I need fake engine sound ?
3) Non matching side view mirrors - the rest of the car is black, why are the mirrors grey ? even $20k cars have matching painted side view mirrors.
Old 09-22-16, 08:07 AM
ISFinferno
Rookie

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Guys if your wipers are high that's because hey are in winter mood. Just push them down to set them to summer mood.

Quick Reply: the minor annoyances thread