GS F (2016-present) Discussion topics related to the GS F model

Owner Review - RC F vs GS F - Who wins?

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-16, 07:23 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts

nice comparison. Only problem as you stated, the GSF is over priced. how can you want to get into a GSF when a very gently used f10 M5 is the same price. RC-F competes nicely with their segment. i can't say that with the GS-F. GS-F is not a pretty car from the side or back but the front is beautiful. It has potential but for a stock car, it doesn't look too great.
Old 10-23-16, 07:28 PM
biggame
Lead Lap

Received 124 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by ssmoked
so many factors can change the outcome. Full tank vs empty, passengers and weight of driver, cargo in trunk, driver shifting points, tire pressure, mods...
Most definitily weight plays a factor! This video says they are both stock and, they seem to know each other. GSF has a passenger for sure and still pulls
Old 10-23-16, 10:49 PM
LDEUX
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

This just made me want to switch. I need to now anyway, baby on the way!
Old 10-24-16, 07:39 AM
kamlung
Instructor

Received 38 Likes on 31 Posts

thanks for the write-up
Old 10-24-16, 10:36 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource
Senior Moderator

Received 4,080 Likes on 2,472 Posts

This write up is inspiring. I need to do an ISF vs. GSF comparison. From a features perspective, the GSF will be easily the hands down winner, but from a mechanical performance perspective, I have a suspicion the ISF (with the OS Giken LSD and polyurethane bushings) will come out ahead. I followed the wife up an on ramp I know well when we drove home from Lexus, and I could have easily pulled past her...It is a dead straight drag race on ramp...
Old 10-25-16, 03:24 PM
ISF350
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

^, man, ISF still looks like a good sport sedan to beat for Lexus !

Last edited by ISF350; 10-25-16 at 05:55 PM.
Old 10-25-16, 04:30 PM
BigMikeISF
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
This write up is inspiring. I need to do an ISF vs. GSF comparison. From a features perspective, the GSF will be easily the hands down winner, but from a mechanical performance perspective, I have a suspicion the ISF (with the OS Giken LSD and polyurethane bushings) will come out ahead. I followed the wife up an on ramp I know well when we drove home from Lexus, and I could have easily pulled past her...It is a dead straight drag race on ramp...
Having had both as well (GS-F and IS-F), I'd be interested to hear your thoughts
Old 10-27-16, 08:03 AM
redspencer
OG Member
Forum Moderator

Received 543 Likes on 321 Posts

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
I too would be very eager to read your comparison on a stock GS-F versus your modified IS-F.

I've been extremely curious to hear from an owner's perspective on how the mechanical OS Giken TCD compares to the electronically-controlled TVD from a performance standpoint.
Old 10-29-16, 08:54 PM
Lexura1414
Lexus Test Driver

Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts

OK, for those who are saying that the GS-F and IS-F pull or are faster than the RC-F. Go to the 0:54 of the YouTube video.

Old 10-30-16, 02:02 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource
Senior Moderator

I have both the GSF and the ISF in the garage. Just need an RCF to see what's up. The ISF crawls up the GSF's bumper in a drag race uphill - already BTDT. Also, individual cars can vary significantly for a number of reasons, and cars delivered by manufacturers for testing are often tweaked to make certain the outcome they want is what happens. The red hardtop '93 Supra TT delivered to Car and Driver was the quickest and fastest "stock" Supra in history. Some say it had a special ECM that went back to Japan immediately after testing. Others say the cats were not present for duty despite appearing to be. Whatever the case, no other Supra tested by any other magazine was even close. So, I always take these things with a grain of salt. I'd be a lot more likely to trust videos from the local drag strip as representative of what the public can buy.
Old 10-30-16, 02:05 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,943 Likes on 1,369 Posts

Lance

Your wife must really be fun to live with

Lou
The following users liked this post:
finny76 (11-08-17)
Old 11-01-16, 11:21 AM
jat0223
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Lexura1414
OK, for those who are saying that the GS-F and IS-F pull or are faster than the RC-F. Go to the 0:54 of the YouTube video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qhb8mivFTQ
The isf is in auto and the other two are in manual, not a good comparison. All three cars have similar straight line performance. Now track performance and dynamics is where they are noticeably different.
Old 11-01-16, 12:39 PM
Lexura1414
Lexus Test Driver

Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by jat0223
The isf is in auto and the other two are in manual, not a good comparison. All three cars have similar straight line performance. Now track performance and dynamics is where they are noticeably different.
The video clearly shows the driver was paddle shifting. And how do you know what the RC-F was not ran auto? Were you present during the drag race?Give it up. I had an IS-F as well, a fully bolted one. I know full well how an IS-F performs. The RC-F will walk away stock to stock in a drag race. I am not even going to argue the track performance with one being one generation behind. And I have seen those track numbers in magazines. I am not in magazine racing. The GS-F and RC-F with TVD are probably even on the track..

Last edited by Lexura1414; 11-01-16 at 12:53 PM.
Old 11-01-16, 01:38 PM
jat0223
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

The video clearly shows the driver was paddle shifting. And how do you know what the RC-F was not ran auto? Were you present during the drag race?Give it up. I had an IS-F as well, a fully bolted one. I know full well how an IS-F performs. The RC-F will walk away stock to stock in a drag race. I am not even going to argue the track performance with one being one generation behind. And I have seen those track numbers in magazines. I am not in magazine racing. The GS-F and RC-F with TVD are probably even on the track..
Relax man, I'm just looking at the gauges from the video you posted, no need to be there.
Old 11-01-16, 03:38 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource
Senior Moderator

The opening video clearly shows the ISF in D, not M. Pretty obvious they didn't go for broke in that comparison. I will be happy to argue the track performance. Look at the Lightning Lap numbers. No street legal Lexus F car has circulated VIR faster than the 2011 ISF with the exception of one LFA. Between the time the RCF and the ISF were run, they widened the track and removed the tree at Oak Tree which has made later editions of the LL cars faster. Even with this advantage, the RCF has failed to beat the ISF. No question about it.
Attached Thumbnails Owner Review - RC F vs GS F - Who wins?-lightning-lap-2016.jpg  

Quick Reply: Owner Review - RC F vs GS F - Who wins?