GS F (2016-present) Discussion topics related to the GS F model
View Poll Results: are you disappointed with the GSF?
Yes
44.57%
No
55.43%
Voters: 175. You may not vote on this poll

Are you disappointed with the GSF? Poll

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-16, 09:14 PM
T4Fun
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts
Default Are you disappointed with the GSF? Poll

let me start off the thread and say a big fat yes!
I have many reasons, most of which center around lack of unique styling and under powered v8

Last edited by T4Fun; 04-11-16 at 09:17 PM.
Old 04-11-16, 09:30 PM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

Received 96 Likes on 83 Posts

For the sticker price yes. If it's 20k cheaper, no
Old 04-11-16, 09:33 PM
T4Fun
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by ssmoked
For the sticker price yes. If it's 20k cheaper, no
price performance style technology all way off with this. Lexus effed up again.
i hope they are paying attention here.
Old 04-11-16, 09:38 PM
Chuy250
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sadly I feel the same. They did mess up Time to back to the drawing board.
Old 04-11-16, 10:10 PM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

There is a right price where any product is at a desirable state, and that creates supply and demand curve. A GS350 (with some typical options) msrp around 59k, if the GSF msrp around 70k it would sell like hot cake. Many GS or even ES buyers would consider paying a bit more for the Int/ext and engine upgrade. It would also attract many speed freaks that require 4 doors. But at 20k premium it falls off most buyers radar as there are many more better equipped four doors for that price.

I personally don't think Lexus did a bad job designing the Int/ext of the GSF, it just would be much more desirable at a lower price rate
Old 04-12-16, 07:41 AM
PMan
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There is a right price where any product is at a desirable state, and that creates supply and demand curve. A GS350 (with some typical options) msrp around 59k, if the GSF msrp around 70k it would sell like hot cake. Many GS or even ES buyers would consider paying a bit more for the Int/ext and engine upgrade. It would also attract many speed freaks that require 4 doors. But at 20k premium it falls off most buyers radar as there are many more better equipped four doors for that price.

I personally don't think Lexus did a bad job designing the Int/ext of the GSF, it just would be much more desirable at a lower price rate
+1

If MSRP was around $70K, It would be a great car. Lexus is charging too much money for too little car. I really wonder who came up with the pricing for the GS F. Most are priced at $87K-$88K MSRP

A loaded BMW 550 M sport is around $78K MSRP, and I think it could it put a serious fight against the GS F performance wise, it has the torque and a better transmission. 0-60 times are the same on the websites and BMW is ALWAYS conservative with the numbers they give.

An M5 starts at $94K MSRP and the GS F isn't anywhere close to it performance wise.
Old 04-12-16, 09:26 AM
neilsarkar
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

+2. My other car is a 750i (same engine as 550i) and that 4.4L V8 felt much more potent than the 5.0L in GS-F when I drove them back-to-back.

Also don't forget about Audi S6 Prestige - comes really well optioned at ~ $75k. Even though it has less hp (450 vs 467), the twin-turbo V8 can do 0-60 in less than 4 second and gives better highway mileage (27 vs 24). And I think the S6 is superior in terms of technology.

Sadly, I think Lexus brought a knife to a gunfight and then they are overcharging for the knife. The only customers who would buy the GS-F at current price are those who value Lexus reliability over everything else.
Old 04-12-16, 02:39 PM
BKGSF
Rookie

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Just curious, how many of those who voted YES, actually have driven the car extensively? To those who say it should be a $70K car...are you saying one should be able to get GSF for new BMW M3 money? You can easily price the M3 to $77K and believe me, the GSF feels much more refined and special than the M3 with completely uninspiring inline 6. The sound alone is worth the extra money not to mention that GS F comes almost fully loaded....I know because I had the M3 for a year. Someone mentioned S6 and 550i and I test drove both extensively, and those handled like a boat compared to GS F. S6 is a very nice car and wouldn't blame anyone for picking it over GS F, but a BMW 550 over GS F?....
Old 04-12-16, 05:45 PM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by BKGSF
Just curious, how many of those who voted YES, actually have driven the car extensively? To those who say it should be a $70K car...are you saying one should be able to get GSF for new BMW M3 money? You can easily price the M3 to $77K and believe me, the GSF feels much more refined and special than the M3 with completely uninspiring inline 6. The sound alone is worth the extra money not to mention that GS F comes almost fully loaded....I know because I had the M3 for a year. Someone mentioned S6 and 550i and I test drove both extensively, and those handled like a boat compared to GS F. S6 is a very nice car and wouldn't blame anyone for picking it over GS F, but a BMW 550 over GS F?....
I test drove it for about 5 miles and it feels exactly like my RCF (same dash display, same engine, same suspension). The seats are duplicate as mine. To have a 15k msrp premium over my rcf only differentiated by two more doors and different controls layout is just laughable. For that type of price hike, the engine and powertrain needs to be changed. Bmw differentiate their m3/4, m5, m6 with different engine and more power. Audi does it with their s4/5,s6, s8. Mercedes does it also with their amgs. That's why some buyers in this market are disappointed with the GSF, especially for that price and lack of performance compared to peers
Old 04-12-16, 06:09 PM
PMan
Driver School Candidate

The M3 and the GS F are in different classes in terms of size and intended market, so I would say its a good comparison. It should start in the 70K range based on the size, power, and features it has compared to competitors with similar size, power, and features. The M3 is in a smaller class and much lighter. Not to mention a base M3 doesn't come with a whole lot of stuff in base form. In a nutshell its not the car to compare it to. Lets not forget that the new M3 would undoubtedly destroy the GS F on road or track, straight line or twisty...all while being way cheaper The M3 may not feel as special, but is anyone really going to say "well the GS F feels more refined and special" after getting their rear end handed to them on the highway (or track)?

Which version of the 550 did you drive? The M sport ones are pretty good and with the active suspension are even better in my opinion. The GS F is a bit better in terms of handling, but not enough to justify to extra price.

I agree with ssmoked, the GS F doesn't offer anything over the RC F other than more space and that doesn't justify the price. Along those lines the fact that the F line is supposed to be a competitor to M, S, V, and AMG, yet falls short of all them in terms of performance and has to be compared with standard models says a lot.
Old 04-12-16, 07:09 PM
8spd
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

... the M3 with completely uninspiring inline 6. The sound alone is worth the extra money ... but a BMW 550 over GS F?....
Personally the exterior styling of the BMW 550i M Sport is worth at least 10K or maybe 15K even over the GS F.

The "Predator Mouth" has been toned down on the facelifted GS, but the lines around the front grill still appear to be stroked by some 3 year old high on sugar and with little sense of aesthetics.

Interior is absolutely first class though and much more elegant and tasteful than the exterior styling.
Old 04-12-16, 07:14 PM
8spd
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by neilsarkar
Sadly, I think Lexus brought a knife to a gunfight and then they are overcharging for the knife.
That is so beautifully written and eloquently describes how Lexus is stuck between a rock and a really hard place.
Old 04-15-16, 01:43 AM
Sh1nra
Pole Position

Like the RC F, Lexus rushed with the production of the GS F. In my opinion, it's evident that they did not put enough R&D into the production of both these models but believed the public would go crazy over their half-assed development.
Old 04-16-16, 04:01 AM
finny76
Advanced

Received 76 Likes on 51 Posts

I test drove it for about 5 miles and it feels exactly like my RCF (same dash display, same engine, same suspension). The seats are duplicate as mine. To have a 15k msrp premium over my rcf only differentiated by two more doors and different controls layout is just laughable. For that type of price hike, the engine and powertrain needs to be changed. Bmw differentiate their m3/4, m5, m6 with different engine and more power. Audi does it with their s4/5,s6, s8. Mercedes does it also with their amgs. That's why some buyers in this market are disappointed with the GSF, especially for that price and lack of performance compared to peers
NAILED IT!!!

Old 04-19-16, 09:32 AM
Teutonic
Intermediate

Received 93 Likes on 73 Posts

Price too high. That said, I'll consider a used one in the future.

Quick Reply: Are you disappointed with the GSF? Poll