GS F (2016-present) Discussion topics related to the GS F model
View Poll Results: are you disappointed with the GSF?
Yes
44.57%
No
55.43%
Voters: 175. You may not vote on this poll

Are you disappointed with the GSF? Poll

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-16, 09:49 AM
Salil022
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
800 before or after tax? 36 months 12k miles annual? i would like to hear details. if those are the terms and after tax then i think gsf is getting into shape.
Sending you PM.
Old 07-03-16, 04:40 PM
suprajjang
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Salil022
Sending you PM.
Can me a pm with info as well. I was pretty much set on walking to the local BMW dealer on Tuesday to work numbers on a M3 or M5 as July residuals have shot up which made it even more attractive to jump ship to BMW. The local dealers latest offer to me for the GSF was $1250 which made it even an easier decision to replace my GS350 with a BMW but at around $800, the GSF would be considered.
Old 07-03-16, 05:24 PM
Afrosheen
Lexus Test Driver

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by suprajjang
Can me a pm with info as well. I was pretty much set on walking to the local BMW dealer on Tuesday to work numbers on a M3 or M5 as July residuals have shot up which made it even more attractive to jump ship to BMW. The local dealers latest offer to me for the GSF was $1250 which made it even an easier decision to replace my GS350 with a BMW but at around $800, the GSF would be considered.
$1250 lol gtfo, that's beyond GTR territory. Dealers are crazy right now. Must not mind a few months of lot rot.
Old 07-03-16, 05:46 PM
jmtamu
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

M5 residuals are now 67% for 10k/yr meaning you can get into a $115k MSRP car for $1050-1100/mth after tax. No idea why anybody would even consider a GSF at this point.
Old 07-03-16, 06:53 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I think some of you guys are going too far with your comments about price.
I do think it should be priced lower but only about 7K. At 80K it would slot right where it should imo.
Other than the price I wish it had a suspension setting to make it softer for after work cruising home. When you're tired and just want to chill in a smooth but fast car. As is its not too bad though.

As I think more about it I can only gripe about it being 7K too expensive. I think its a great car.
I have driven it a lot though, at work. Some of you are talking without knowing how wonderful it is.
Old 07-03-16, 08:07 PM
Merzbow
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jmtamu
M5 residuals are now 67% for 10k/yr meaning you can get into a $115k MSRP car for $1050-1100/mth after tax. No idea why anybody would even consider a GSF at this point.
Because the current-gen M5 is a pig that needs a few hundred pounds sliced away? And the styling is boring and uninspired? Would pick the current M3 over the current M5 any day of the week if I had to choose a Bimmer.
Old 07-03-16, 09:58 PM
Afrosheen
Lexus Test Driver

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by ssmoked
I still don't see why everyone thinks the GSF interior is so special. Besides the Ac and radio layout that is different from the Rcf (doesn't mean it's better), everything else is the same
Not at all. From the nav screen to all the soft touch surfaces to the glove box that doesn't look or feel like someone cut a plastic thermos in half and bolted it to the dash, the GS interior is immensely better than the RC. It's like Corolla vs Avalon, Beetle vs M3.
Old 07-04-16, 05:07 AM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

Received 96 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by Afrosheen
Not at all. From the nav screen to all the soft touch surfaces to the glove box that doesn't look or feel like someone cut a plastic thermos in half and bolted it to the dash, the GS interior is immensely better than the RC. It's like Corolla vs Avalon, Beetle vs M3.
I guess so... If you are nit picking trying to justify the $10-15k premium
Old 07-04-16, 07:24 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

All you guys talking that the GS F should be 70K are smoking lizard tail. The RC F starts at 70K and it didn't sell that well. You guys are just like the customers I get at the dealer. Will pay through the nose for German vermin that stays in the shop but wants to pay Toyota prices for Lexus.

I've saying for years, Lexus is not about chasing the Germans. I certainly don't need 600hp. I would never take my Lexus to the track. But I do want 350-400 just to have it for fun driving. Couple years I'll get a used F and be happy as a pig in a pigsty.
Old 07-04-16, 11:23 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

i don't think most of us here are trying to say the gsf should msrp for 70k. market price is very different. just like m5 at over 110k. if it's not all the ridiculous residuals and incentives / deals, it's not going to be as popular as it is too

and most who have these car lease, when cars hardly have problems. my m3 stayed in the shop less than my LS and GS did, that's tough.

saying lexus not about chasing germans is laughable at best, especially when talking about the IS, GS, and LS. ES and RX i will give you that, they are on their own and they are untouchable. when they created the ISF to go against the m3 and RCF to go against the M4 (and yup i their own words too), yes they are, period
Old 07-05-16, 04:42 PM
jmtamu
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Ice350
All you guys talking that the GS F should be 70K are smoking lizard tail. The RC F starts at 70K and it didn't sell that well.
Isn't that admitting the RCF is over priced too?
Old 07-05-16, 05:43 PM
Frog98
Lead Lap

Received 36 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Ice350
All you guys talking that the GS F should be 70K are smoking lizard tail. The RC F starts at 70K and it didn't sell that well. You guys are just like the customers I get at the dealer. Will pay through the nose for German vermin that stays in the shop but wants to pay Toyota prices for Lexus.

I've saying for years, Lexus is not about chasing the Germans. I certainly don't need 600hp. I would never take my Lexus to the track. But I do want 350-400 just to have it for fun driving. Couple years I'll get a used F and be happy as a pig in a pigsty.

100% agree. If I was buying solely on performance, I would have a Z06 period. The Germans are chasing Cadillac V series and the Z06 and losing if performance is what you look at. I wanted a Lexus performance car.
Old 07-05-16, 06:48 PM
Atrain302
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rominl
i don't think most of us here are trying to say the gsf should msrp for 70k. market price is very different. just like m5 at over 110k. if it's not all the ridiculous residuals and incentives / deals, it's not going to be as popular as it is too

and most who have these car lease, when cars hardly have problems. my m3 stayed in the shop less than my LS and GS did, that's tough.

saying lexus not about chasing germans is laughable at best, especially when talking about the IS, GS, and LS. ES and RX i will give you that, they are on their own and they are untouchable. when they created the ISF to go against the m3 and RCF to go against the M4 (and yup i their own words too), yes they are, period
Not sure if I completely agree with this. Yes, the ISF was directly created to go against the M3 at the time and did so very well. But, when the RCF was first released I remember reading an article where a Lexus Engineer was quoted as saying that when creating the RCF that they benchmarked the M3/M4 and decided to go in a different direction. This is evident in how different the two cars are. So, to me Lexus isn't making cars to directly compete with the Germans. They are making cars and giving consumers a different option other than the Germans. Although, I really hope that in the next iteration of performance cars they step it up, otherwise I'll be holding on to my ISF for a long time.
Old 07-06-16, 09:32 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by Atrain302
Not sure if I completely agree with this. Yes, the ISF was directly created to go against the M3 at the time and did so very well. But, when the RCF was first released I remember reading an article where a Lexus Engineer was quoted as saying that when creating the RCF that they benchmarked the M3/M4 and decided to go in a different direction. This is evident in how different the two cars are. So, to me Lexus isn't making cars to directly compete with the Germans. They are making cars and giving consumers a different option other than the Germans. Although, I really hope that in the next iteration of performance cars they step it up, otherwise I'll be holding on to my ISF for a long time.
go look for all the commercials and posts directly from lexus where they compare the rcf to m4. i vividly remember there was a comparison between rcf and m4 and lexus was behind that video. it's not hard to figure out what this car is after.

when chief engineer designed the car, i believe he said he had the porsche in mind. now i don't see any comparison of the rcf to any porsche.

and even people within lexus corp knows the rcf is an attempt to go after the m4.

design goal is one thing, the true market is another.
Old 07-06-16, 09:49 PM
UDel
Lexus Fanatic

Received 296 Likes on 223 Posts

I am not so much disappointed in the GS-F itself but more the price. Wish it were priced around 70-75K which would make it more popular and would make its non turbo sub 500hp engine much more acceptable, it also gives Lexus a semi affordable V8 option for the GS which is what I think they needed more then the poor selling hybrid. Lexus is not BMW or Mercedes and can't command anywhere near their prices especially for the rare high end models. Lexus should have lowered the price to get more out on the street and better world of mouth, then they can start raising the prices as long as the performance goes up to. Just because the RC-F is priced at 70K does not mean the GS-F would be priced too low at 70-75K, many buyers obviously think the RC-F is priced too high at 70K which is why they are not selling and the ones that are at selling for much lower then 70K or at discounts.

Quick Reply: Are you disappointed with the GSF? Poll