GS F (2016-present) Discussion topics related to the GS F model
View Poll Results: are you disappointed with the GSF?
Yes
44.57%
No
55.43%
Voters: 175. You may not vote on this poll

Are you disappointed with the GSF? Poll

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-16, 06:37 PM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

Received 96 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by 95bat
Ah, Nismo edition... yeah $95k isn't too far off from the GS F MSRP.
GSF msrp might be 88-90k but someone just pick up a new one for 67.2k. I would buy a new gtr any day around that price
Old 10-01-16, 07:31 PM
TA22Husker
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well Lexus has the deals right now $10k in rebates plus trade in for a car. Like I said my father-in-law got an R35 for $95k plus $45k for his C63AMG so $50k out the door.
Old 12-16-16, 04:58 AM
GSFbeast
Rookie

Received 39 Likes on 17 Posts
Default People will never be happy with what they have

Just got my red GSF for 72,500. New demo car. Love everything about it. Exterior and interior. Best sounding cars I've owned. If you can't afford don't complaint about it. Yes it doesn't have as much ponies as the CTS-V. You people need to stop comparing this car instead enjoy the uniqueness of it. I trust that no ones here are younger than 45? I'm in my early 30's. You guys ain't going more than 10 mph over speed limit. I have a short drive to work and I run the ***** out of this car. It's enough power for passing people on the road on a short distance. Anymore power, I could kill myself. Sound is like sex. I don't listen to my Mark Levinson speakers anymore. Just enjoying the sexiness sound that this car makes. If you can't afford this car don't buy it. If you like something else go get it. Don't bash on this beauty. I don't get why I have to pay a yearly subscription just to remote start a 90k car? Who came up with this idea. For all we know at that price it should come with a sex doll. Not a required yearly subscription to remote start.

Last edited by GSFbeast; 12-16-16 at 05:10 AM.
Old 12-16-16, 06:06 AM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by GSFbeast
Just got my red GSF for 72,500. New demo car. Love everything about it. Exterior and interior. Best sounding cars I've owned. If you can't afford don't complaint about it. Yes it doesn't have as much ponies as the CTS-V. You people need to stop comparing this car instead enjoy the uniqueness of it. I trust that no ones here are younger than 45? I'm in my early 30's. You guys ain't going more than 10 mph over speed limit. I have a short drive to work and I run the ***** out of this car. It's enough power for passing people on the road on a short distance. Anymore power, I could kill myself. Sound is like sex. I don't listen to my Mark Levinson speakers anymore. Just enjoying the sexiness sound that this car makes. If you can't afford this car don't buy it. If you like something else go get it. Don't bash on this beauty. I don't get why I have to pay a yearly subscription just to remote start a 90k car? Who came up with this idea. For all we know at that price it should come with a sex doll. Not a required yearly subscription to remote start.
you definitely over paid for a demo GSF. Should read up the deals on here before pulling the trigger. When a buyer pays that much for a car, it's not much of "enough power", but braggging rights in the segment. With that being said, the GSF is overpriced for the power output in the segment and requires significant discount to move units.
Don't jump to conclusion too quick that members can't afford the GSF, and I'm much younger than 45 but I will not buy the GSF simply bc the product is not worth the price
The following users liked this post:
bigblack06 (12-16-16)
Old 12-16-16, 07:34 AM
GSFbeast
Rookie

Originally Posted by ssmoked
you definitely over paid for a demo GSF. Should read up the deals on here before pulling the trigger. When a buyer pays that much for a car, it's not much of "enough power", but braggging rights in the segment. With that being said, the GSF is overpriced for the power output in the segment and requires significant discount to move units.
Don't jump to conclusion too quick that members can't afford the GSF, and I'm much younger than 45 but I will not buy the GSF simply bc the product is not worth the price
72 from 89 is a damn good deal for me. After all it's a Lexus, it's gonna cost some extra money. Resale is going to be crappy, but I don't care. So what's the lowest deal you've seen? I'm curious. I just bought their last GS F. So it's pretty hot over here. I can't say that anywhere else. Not saying that people can't afford it, it that they don't want to afford it and they come here crying their heart out hoping Lexus will listen. Yeah that's going to happen. Anybody willing to tell the big boys at Apple that? Maybe they can lower down their products prices. Cuz I don't want to spent $1000 on an iPhone. Things in life should not cost a certain ridiculous prices, but if you want it you have to pay for it. You guys are right, 70k for a GS F would sell out like crazy. I'm also glad that it doesn't cost so cheap to own one. Just like the IS, after a few months of owning it. There's way too many of them on the road. It's great to be the only one on the road with a GS F. I haven't seen one beside mine on the road just yet. Kinda like the Evo and STI at first. You feel special to be the only few on the road. A decade's later everybody's driving around in one. Hopefully it doesn't happen with this GS F. Let's keep it special Lexus.
Old 12-16-16, 08:04 AM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

72 from 89 is a damn good deal for me. After all it's a Lexus, it's gonna cost some extra money. Resale is going to be crappy, but I don't care. So what's the lowest deal you've seen? I'm curious. I just bought their last GS F. So it's pretty hot over here. I can't say that anywhere else. Not saying that people can't afford it, it that they don't want to afford it and they come here crying their heart out hoping Lexus will listen. Yeah that's going to happen. Anybody willing to tell the big boys at Apple that? Maybe they can lower down their products prices. Cuz I don't want to spent $1000 on an iPhone. Things in life should not cost a certain ridiculous prices, but if you want it you have to pay for it. You guys are right, 70k for a GS F would sell out like crazy. I'm also glad that it doesn't cost so cheap to own one. Just like the IS, after a few months of owning it. There's way too many of them on the road. It's great to be the only one on the road with a GS F. I haven't seen one beside mine on the road just yet. Kinda like the Evo and STI at first. You feel special to be the only few on the road. A decade's later everybody's driving around in one. Hopefully it doesn't happen with this GS F. Let's keep it special Lexus.
the lowest i seen on this forum is 67,xxx for a brand new one with 88k msrp. You also have to factor in wear and tear items (tires, brakes) on your demo, they are pretty expensive to replace. I'm not even going to mention demo and cpo sports cars get abused from mile 1, but thats another discussion. I'm surprised that its their last one and you haven't seen one on the road yet around your area.
Speaking real numbers, for the full GSF asking price most buyers would go the ctsv or E63 route. With a 67-72k price, not many cars can compare. When I bought my 73k sticker RCF, I only paid 58/59k (20%) discount. Its a heck of a car and interior package at that price and no other car can compare with similar price. But if Lexus wanted full 73k, like early 2015 owners paid, I would resort to M4 or c63 AMG as they have better performance and bragging rights.
Using Apple as an example is silly. They are the best of the best in the industry. Just like Tesla currently, they can't even produce their cars fast enough to fill orders and have a LONG waiting list for their new Model 3 that no one has even seen. When a company is at the top, they can charge what ever supply/demand warrants.

Don't let me rain on your parade. You got a fair deal and Lexus is very reliable long term. Post some pics when you clean her up!
Old 12-16-16, 02:34 PM
tsongdds
Driver School Candidate

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Lol I am 27 and I just bought my GsF 2 weeks ago. Who cares what other people think? don't let it get to ya and just enjoy the hell out of it. If you love your car enough, you won't hear what other people are saying about the car being ugly, slow, overpriced and etc. Although to be completely honest, I would not pay $88k for this car (I bought it for $67k brand new). Enjoy your new car. It probably doesn't matter even if it was a demo car because Lexus reliability is rock solid. Congrats
Old 12-16-16, 04:59 PM
mr2dave
Intermediate

Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts

All I know, and really only care about is how I feel about the car (or any car). But speaking specific to the GSF, I have had mine for 3+ months and I enjoy the hell out of the car and for the price they are selling at now, it is a tough deal/package to beat or compare others to.

Last edited by mr2dave; 12-17-16 at 10:31 AM.
Old 12-16-16, 07:38 PM
GSFbeast
Rookie

Exactly people should enjoy their car for what it is. Not for bragging rights or if they got it for a steal deal. I bought for my own pleasure, not to pick up girls or show it off. I missed the thrill ride behind a fast car. I've been driving Evo's for more than a decades. Owning a couples under my belt. Sick of all the plastic interiors. That's why I opt out for a Lexus. I buy a Lexus just for the interior. Now I can enjoy the interior and the speed and handling and of course al the luxury tech. The GSF got everything I could ever want. It's got enough room for the whole family, the looks and the thrill ride if I need to enjoy it. That's every time I'm behind the wheels lol. Everything looks and feel new. So I'm not worry about my demo car. Hey at least I don't have to break it in lol. I can just get in it and enjoy it. It's a Lexus, so we know it's built like a tank. People need to stop complaining about the price and performance factors. For the guys that got their car for a good deal, I'm happy for you. Like I said it before, buy it or don't buy it. Once the snow died down, I can give her a proper wash. So expect some drooling pictures coming soon. As of now here's my baby.

Cellphone pic

Last edited by GSFbeast; 12-16-16 at 07:46 PM.
Old 12-17-16, 10:34 AM
mr2dave
Intermediate

Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts

^^^ Nice looking ride. Enjoy.
Old 12-17-16, 03:21 PM
GSFbeast
Rookie

Thanks, it's easier to manage than white. I'll never go back to white car again lol.
Originally Posted by mr2dave
^^^ Nice looking ride. Enjoy.
Old 12-17-16, 03:33 PM
CobraGSF
Lead Lap

Received 41 Likes on 25 Posts

Exactly people should enjoy their car for what it is. Not for bragging rights or if they got it for a steal deal. I bought for my own pleasure, not to pick up girls or show it off. I missed the thrill ride behind a fast car. I've been driving Evo's for more than a decades. Owning a couples under my belt. Sick of all the plastic interiors. That's why I opt out for a Lexus. I buy a Lexus just for the interior. Now I can enjoy the interior and the speed and handling and of course al the luxury tech. The GSF got everything I could ever want. It's got enough room for the whole family, the looks and the thrill ride if I need to enjoy it. That's every time I'm behind the wheels lol. Everything looks and feel new. So I'm not worry about my demo car. Hey at least I don't have to break it in lol. I can just get in it and enjoy it. It's a Lexus, so we know it's built like a tank. People need to stop complaining about the price and performance factors. For the guys that got their car for a good deal, I'm happy for you. Like I said it before, buy it or don't buy it. Once the snow died down, I can give her a proper wash. So expect some drooling pictures coming soon. As of now here's my baby.

Cellphone pic
Age is just a number! I'm 23 and just bought a GS-F. To each their own honestly, I personally love the car, that's why I bought it. Someone else might say they'd prefer more hp etc. that's a personal preference. I do believe the car does everything well. Its a well balanced sports car. It doesn't just have 500HP and the suspension is too harsh.

But yeah congrats on the new ride, beautiful color
Old 12-20-16, 08:39 AM
LDEUX
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

As an RC-F owner, I have to agree with most of the comments here. I think a bit more effort was required for both the RC-F and GS-F. The RC-F would've been perfect if it was 300+ lbs lighter and 10K cheaper to start. As for the GS-F, it definitely should've started at the RC-F price range. While we're on the subject, both cars should've had dual clutch transmissions imo, that would've gotten rid of the delay in shifting. Lexus can easily release a LSB to fix the throttle response and other things if they wanted to. Maybe now that the LC500 is in production they can focus on refining their two F cars...

Oh yeah, and where the hell is the next gen IS-F?? LOL.

These cars will be GREAT second owner cars! They'll be hands down the best on the market, watch.
Old 12-20-16, 11:32 AM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,849 Likes on 2,334 Posts

Originally Posted by ssmoked
the lowest i seen on this forum is 67,xxx for a brand new one with 88k msrp....
We paid $66,100.00 on an $87,815.00 sticker for a car with 87 miles on the odometer, and 20 of those were our test drive. The car is easily worth the discounted price. If it had stuck at $87k, I would have bought a used Cayenne GTS, that was what I thought the wife really wanted, but she changed her mind and told me she wanted the GSF out of the blue. I honestly wasn't even looking at the GSF or considering it when she told me she wanted it.
Old 12-21-16, 04:20 AM
bigblack06

Received 321 Likes on 219 Posts

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
We paid $66,100.00 on an $87,815.00 sticker for a car with 87 miles on the odometer, and 20 of those were our test drive. The car is easily worth the discounted price. If it had stuck at $87k, I would have bought a used Cayenne GTS, that was what I thought the wife really wanted, but she changed her mind and told me she wanted the GSF out of the blue. I honestly wasn't even looking at the GSF or considering it when she told me she wanted it.
You sir have a great wife, she picked a great car and you got a great deal.

The GS-F is not making full msrp sales. like I've said before the GS-F does not have the power for the price it wants see it as you want, the price is not correct for the car it's like the LFA, when lexus first came out with that they told buyers you needed to put 10K down for a credit app. Lexus finally got off there high horse and came down to realize the car was overpriced and I have a feeling the GS-F will soon get there as well. Again I'm not bashing the GS-F it is a very fun car I just think the car should have been priced around $68-73K an Audi S6 is around that price so I would think similar to that. Not about having the money either its about what you get for the what your paying for.