GS F (2016-present) Discussion topics related to the GS F model

More unsold GSF than RCF on cars.com

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-16, 10:55 PM
chemchemgm
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by chris07is
Saw one Gs f, not f sport sometime Last week, sounds mean though, at cypress,ca. Lincoln ave to be exact...
I think I saw it too. It was an old asian guy driving it right? I think it was a silver one
Old 07-01-16, 03:52 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

Unfortunately the new motor trend review between the GSF AND CTSV aren't going help sales. I love it and would like to own one but they smoking something to ask for 84k for a car that is not even in the same universe as the CTSV in terms of power . It's going to be a blood bath . Balance is great but it will not Mask 180 hp deficiency , handling deficiency , and massive bragging rights deficiency . People who buy nearly 90k sedans want bragging rights . It pains me to say that Lexus really F'd up the GSF when getting it to compete .
Old 07-01-16, 04:20 PM
Merzbow
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
Unfortunately the new motor trend review between the GSF AND CTSV aren't going help sales. I love it and would like to own one but they smoking something to ask for 84k for a car that is not even in the same universe as the CTSV in terms of power . It's going to be a blood bath . Balance is great but it will not Mask 180 hp deficiency , handling deficiency , and massive bragging rights deficiency . People who buy nearly 90k sedans want bragging rights . It pains me to say that Lexus really F'd up the GSF when getting it to compete .
The most recent one I can find from Motor Trend is the March 7 comparison:

http://www.motortrend.com/news/compa...vs-lexus-gs-f/

Which was against the V-Sport, not the V. Interesting quote: "Yeah, the GS F is quicker than the CTS V-Sport, but is it $14,000 quicker?" If Lexus just went ahead and formalized the near-$14k off people are now getting in lease deals, the GS-F would be winning every one of these comparos by a mile.
Old 07-02-16, 04:49 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

Haven't seen one GS F yet on the road in Toronto though my dealer did sell two since it came out. Barely a better situation for the RC F - have seen three on the road besides mine in over a year it's been out!
Old 07-22-16, 01:27 AM
rxonmymind
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've seen, Lamborghini, Ferrari, LFA, RCF, Uber Porsches, even an old (my personal favs-acura NSX, 3rd gen RX7) and(5) Cadillac CTS-V but no GSF. I commute 1 1/2 every day each way. And the RCF was maybe two in the last six months.

Last edited by rxonmymind; 07-22-16 at 01:38 AM.
Old 07-22-16, 08:49 AM
Afrosheen
Lexus Test Driver

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Doesn't look good for the initial debut of the GSF. Press reception has been lukewarm, sales numbers are dismal, and worst of all, since sales are so poor, people aren't seeing them "on the street" so unless they are heavily marketing it, there is little to no awareness in this segment.

It needs a huge push from Lexus before the end of the year, we're talking fire sale, putting it just above the highest MSRP for the GS350, along with an aggressive marketing campaign. The only risk they run here is losing money on them (and if you ask any dealer, lot rot from models that don't move an inch in 4 months is losing money) and hurting residuals for existing owners, but there are so few owners so far, they still have a window of opportunity here.

I want to see this model succeed and to have a descendant with more of everything soon. I could see this and the RCF dying a slow death over the next 3 years if they don't make drastic changes, and that would be somewhat tragic.
Old 07-22-16, 05:21 PM
mjn88
Lead Lap

Received 145 Likes on 96 Posts

I think they messed up with the taillights. A lot of consumers i spoke with HATE the new GS taillights. Personally I am gonna wait till the price drops get the car then swap the tails.
Old 07-23-16, 03:23 AM
RNM GS3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 61 Likes on 45 Posts

Lexus needs to Price it at 75k and then it will sell at high 60s to low 70s.
Old 07-23-16, 09:50 PM
Afrosheen
Lexus Test Driver

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by RNM GS3
Lexus needs to Price it at 75k and then it will sell at high 60s to low 70s.
Tracking the "price paid" thread, and you're 100% right. 70-75k is the sweet spot out the door right now.
Old 07-24-16, 02:19 AM
designo
Pole Position

Received 446 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by ssmoked
But Lexus equipped the car with too many gears. There is a huge lag downshifting from 8th gear to 2nd when you need the power right away.
Thank you for this valuable piece of information. I own a GS460 and that has been one of the most disturbing annoyances on this car. I fall asleep waiting for the car to downshift into the right gear. The fact that this has been rolled onto the GSF is very very disturbing to say the least.

Damnit.
Old 07-24-16, 10:51 AM
Chocolate
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

The Motor Trend comparos are a joke. Weight is given to .1 second advantages and reliability, resale value, and other factors aren't even mentioned. I read several car magazines, purely for entertainment and general information, not for any weight on their ratings. It's funny to see MT pushing GM endlessly. Chevy Colorado as truck of the year two years in a row? Right.
Old 07-24-16, 02:23 PM
95bat
Racer

Received 1,211 Likes on 632 Posts

Originally Posted by Chocolate
The Motor Trend comparos are a joke. Weight is given to .1 second advantages and reliability, resale value, and other factors aren't even mentioned. I read several car magazines, purely for entertainment and general information, not for any weight on their ratings. It's funny to see MT pushing GM endlessly. Chevy Colorado as truck of the year two years in a row? Right.
They are very good at judging excellent driving cars. When the GS 350 F Sport came out it was their winner of a big comparison and was the only reason I went to test drive one... and they were right! That car was everything they said it was. I really miss my old '13 F Sport.

You're right, they don't consider resale value or reliability, but they're pretty accurate when it comes to driving dynamics and enjoyment. At least my taste aligns with theirs. When it comes to the real world, an educated buyer would consider resale and reliability and make a complete decision.
Old 07-31-16, 11:06 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Too much **** swinging in this category for the GSFs to move quickly . It's an amazing and capable car but it's just not competitive in its class .
Old 08-01-16, 09:14 AM
djyoshi626
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I've seen 4 GSFs, all on the west side of Los Angeles. 2 in black (caviar), 1 in silver (liquid platinum), 1 in USB.
Old 08-01-16, 02:32 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Chocolate
They are not pushing a thing . Lexus just F'd up the GSF. Their twin turbo v8 is late like they always are so we're forced to jump in the ring with 173 missing horses . It's 2016 . We can't keep hiding behind bs like resale and reliability forever . If that's all we need we might as well buy toyotas . Lexus ****ed this up . At least the RCF had comparable power . Balance is great but you'll be way behind the others . The only people who will buy one are ISF owners and Lexus people who don't care that their car is a mile behind the rest . The comparisons with the merc and bummer will be a blood bath . It's doesn't even have 500 go for ****s sake and the torque is a joke .

Would I buy one ? HELL YEAH ! but I'm a huge fan boy . So frustrating to root for someone who always get beaten .

Quick Reply: More unsold GSF than RCF on cars.com