GS F (2016-present) Discussion topics related to the GS F model

How many of us are waiting for GSF price drop?

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-16, 11:48 AM
ydooby
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Diesel350
That's a used car with 24k mileage.
Old 03-16-16, 11:56 AM
Dr. Jekyll
Lexus Champion

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Diesel350
Originally Posted by ydooby
That's a used car with 24k mileage.
Hahaha yeah last I saw they were still listed at $62,805 MSRP
Old 03-16-16, 12:45 PM
Malu59RT
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d...1073/overview/

This car stickered at $72,574, they have it for $15k off, at $57,524.
Old 03-17-16, 07:12 PM
PMan
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here is a GS F that already has a $5k discount on it. I saw several more with $3k off. I'm sure those discounts will grow pretty soon, and I have no problem waiting. Plus my BMW hasn't sold yet

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d...3899/overview/
Old 03-17-16, 07:18 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 668 Likes on 590 Posts

Good sign that the price is coming down!

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 03-17-16, 07:27 PM
ryanSC300lover
Lead Lap

Received 86 Likes on 66 Posts

$5k off GSF I have seen quite a bit of
Old 03-17-16, 07:38 PM
Dr. Jekyll
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by PMan
Here is a GS F that already has a $5k discount on it. I saw several more with $3k off. I'm sure those discounts will grow pretty soon, and I have no problem waiting. Plus my BMW hasn't sold yet

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d...3899/overview/
ooh not a fan of that color combo and orange brakes...
Old 03-17-16, 07:51 PM
ryanSC300lover
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Dr. Jekyll
ooh not a fan of that color combo and orange brakes...
Agree
Horrendous color

I want my GSF either orange or red. Last choice blue
Old 03-17-16, 08:20 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Here's what trips me out. Now that I'm a salesman, I've seen much that trips me out. Lexus customers seem to be serious cheapskates. People go to Mercedes and pay 700, 900, 1200.....even 1500 month for the car of their choice. But customers come to Lexus demanding payments like 300-500....for the best quality car on the planet. You guys on this forum talk just like the customers who walk into the store. Looking for Honda payments on a Lexus.
I understand that leasing levels the playing field somewhat but Lexus still allows less time at service departments which allow people to spend their time making money.
We all want a good deal. But I'm tired of people complaining about Lexus prices. I'm on other forums too. BMW and Mercedes...Porsche and Audi. These type of threads are common here. Not on those other sites. They know the value of what they drive. Some of you treat Lexus like what the competition claims....a high priced Toyota.
Old 03-17-16, 09:00 PM
ryanSC300lover
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Ice350
Here's what trips me out. Now that I'm a salesman, I've seen much that trips me out. Lexus customers seem to be serious cheapskates. People go to Mercedes and pay 700, 900, 1200.....even 1500 month for the car of their choice. But customers come to Lexus demanding payments like 300-500....for the best quality car on the planet. You guys on this forum talk just like the customers who walk into the store. Looking for Honda payments on a Lexus.
I understand that leasing levels the playing field somewhat but Lexus still allows less time at service departments which allow people to spend their time making money.
We all want a good deal. But I'm tired of people complaining about Lexus prices. I'm on other forums too. BMW and Mercedes...Porsche and Audi. These type of threads are common here. Not on those other sites. They know the value of what they drive. Some of you treat Lexus like what the competition claims....a high priced Toyota.
Been member here 13+ years

Have owned 9 Lexus cars
7 paid cash new
1 leased
1 bought used

Also have a few European cars in the stable

Lexus owners are more value oriented, that is correct. As are Acura owners

"Cheap skate" isn't a term I would use. Plenty of BMW 320 owners and Benz cla owners are looking for "Honda payment" as you put it .

The average ES/IS buyer isn't the same as the LS/LX buyer.

Hard to generalize as you are. My next door neighbors owns a Los Angeles Lexus dealer so I hear plenty of inside stuff, though I am not a salesman
Old 03-17-16, 09:16 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Originally Posted by ryanSC300lover
Been member here 13+ years

Have owned 9 Lexus cars
7 paid cash new
1 leased
1 bought used

Also have a few European cars in the stable

Lexus owners are more value oriented, that is correct. As are Acura owners

"Cheap skate" isn't a term I would use. Plenty of BMW 320 owners and Benz cla owners are looking for "Honda payment" as you put it .

The average ES/IS buyer isn't the same as the LS/LX buyer.

Hard to generalize as you are. My next door neighbors owns a Los Angeles Lexus dealer so I hear plenty of inside stuff, though I am not a salesman
I look for Honda payments for every car I try to purchase.

AKA, the cheapest monthly price or OTD price that those cars go for. I'm not walking to Benz asking to lease a s550 for $500, not going to happen unless you put like $50k down.

-Josh

Orange County, CA
Old 03-17-16, 09:22 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

i think it has a lot to do with the real income bracket of the buyers. i think everyone would agree that lexus buyers are more cautious, they are more conscious about money and value. i think that easily make buyers in this area to be more careful about price vs what they get. granted i do agree some of them get pretty ridiculous on their expectations but i think it has a lot to do with the lexus culture and background.

mb and bmw owners? honestly, i think they have more disposable income in general, a lot more. they have the money and capacity, they care about their image more than making sense, so they spend the money. but again, there are plenty that look at the low end bmw and mb and act like super cheap. it's just that spectrum get very large.

and i'd be really surprised if it took you that long to notice this? i got my first lexus in 02 and it didn't take me long to see the trend and saw the difference.

fwiw, i have owned more lexus than mb and bmw combined, i think most lexus are pretty well priced. gsf? i think it's ok but on the high side
Old 03-17-16, 09:31 PM
Dr. Jekyll
Lexus Champion

Wow, really? That's kinda funny. I like how you generalize and group us all together. You have people DEMANDING payments at your dealership yet across the street at BMW & MB they just open up their checkbook and pay MSRP? I guess if we paid more for our cars we'd know the value of them, never thought of it like that. I'm going to stop shopping on Black Friday and using coupons at the supermarket to fully realize the value of my future purchases! And lastly if you're so tired of people complaining why don't you go and sell Porsches? Seems you'd be able to make more commissions and fully realize your value!
Old 03-17-16, 09:34 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

ANYWAYS GUYS...

My buddy was at a Lexus dealership here in socal today and they offered him $10k off MSRP of $87k..

-Josh

Orange County, CA
Old 03-17-16, 09:52 PM
Tokenblkgy
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here's what trips me out,..................Some of you treat Lexus like what the competition claims....a high priced Toyota.
So let me ask you this since you are a Salesmen and obviously stand behind your product. Would YOU purchase a GSF as the price point its proposed at???. This thread isn't about being cheapskates, for fawk sakes we wouldn't even be in a Lexus if we were cheap...its more about the valuation of the money spent on something that we think is a little too high for what you get.

I get it its a Lexus, I get it that I am not going to have to worry about ****ting an engine at 30k miles.... But what I don't get is why Lexus is so conservative with the performance numbers of thier cars when they are blatently trying to go up against their competitors? If you are charging 87-90k for a sport sedan and claiming to run the same ground as BMW, AMG, Caddi, and JAG with their performance sedans,..... But don't come with the power to support it, yes you are going to catch some flak.

Look at the last gen CTSV.. They went from 400HP to 560HP and "Called Out " BMW and AMG in all the adverts... And u know what, they sold a lot of them.. The ATSV...450hp... Called out BMW.. And a lot of people like that car.. Me included.. They knew what they were shooting for and went all out.. Lexus was like... " yeah we want to **** with these other dudes........ But we are still Lexus and we have to be conservative"... Wth..,?????

I love my ISF.. I will probably never get rid of it.. I actually LOVE everything about the GSF and wouldn't mind getting one.. For 68-75 ish.. yes,. 87-90K hell no..

/end rant..

Token..

Quick Reply: How many of us are waiting for GSF price drop?