GS F (2016-present) Discussion topics related to the GS F model

First GS f owner?

Old 02-02-16, 06:39 AM
bigblack06

Received 315 Likes on 219 Posts

Originally Posted by Alpha8A
I just talked to a sales guy on the phone. Haven't actually gone in yet. According to the conversation, it seems like it doesn't matter what car you arrive in. No test drives. There is only one for sale in this state but there are 15 for sale in a 250 mile radius.

I also agree that GSF needs to be in mid 60s to low 70s before they start moving.
That price point would be to low it should have been priced around 75K which is a little more than the RC-F and would be ok to many but the 88K is to high for the HP.
Old 02-02-16, 06:41 AM
Mr Johnson
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Was seriously considering a GS-F prior to pricing being announced. Had it been at a more reasonable level I would have gone with it. As it is I'm in the process of pulling the trigger on a different kind of beast. A shame... I loved my hopped up GS400 and Lexus just pulled an ELR on the GS-F pricing.
Old 02-02-16, 08:56 AM
jonathanz
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

with that price i would jump on an M3/M4. just saying...
Old 02-02-16, 11:01 AM
Alpha8A
Driver

I've recently test driven an m4 and an m6 gran coupe. M4 was nice and fun but can be a bit bumpy on harsh roads. The road noise on highway driving was also kind of high. The m6 gran coupe was very nice. Endless amounts of power and very smooth and quiet on the highways. With where the prices are now on a a few years old m6 gran coupes, it's even more difficult to justify the price of the GsF.
Old 02-04-16, 06:15 AM
kamlung
Instructor

Received 38 Likes on 31 Posts

i with the bunch... i was interested thinking of a $75k price tag, but once it was announced at $87k and the numbers were lacking... i will wait... hopefully in a year, you can snag them up at discounts similar to the RCF... then i would reconsider...

otherwise, i'll get a CTS-V instead...
Old 02-04-16, 10:01 AM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

Received 96 Likes on 83 Posts

If this forum represents the sample of GS-F sold in US, the sales must be very dismal.
Old 02-05-16, 06:22 PM
Tokenblkgy
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can only imagine how sales will be everyone hit it on the head and i was even saying the same thing when the pricing was announced. 87-95K for some buyers out the door for this car is plain stupid. I could see a 72K hell maybe even 65K but not 20K more. There are so many more performance examples out there that provide more bang for the buck. I know Lexus is banking on the name and reliability to sway buyers towards these cars but you are pricing out alot of the buyers who would be moving up from the GS and IS platforms. I would wait probably 5 years for this thing to drop to the 50's before i would consider buying one..
Old 02-06-16, 02:28 PM
T4Fun
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

yup, no one is buying. way too expensive
Old 02-06-16, 02:39 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
5k over? you can laugh in his face
yeah... try wrapping your head around Dodge charging 90K for a 62K Hellcat Charger... talk about laughing in a dealers face... i damn near bust a gut...
Old 02-06-16, 02:52 PM
Jrocket
Driver School Candidate

Personally Waiting until they knock 12-14k off

When this thing goes for 72k I will prob pull the trigger.

If this had started at 69,900 The GSF would be flying off the Lots

Instead they sit ...

I hope No one pulls the trigger on one of these anytime soon Really make Lexus realize they priced the car wrong.

I will enjoy my M4 for another year and sit back and watch the Direction Lexus chooses to go price wise.

Only a Matter of time
Old 02-06-16, 06:08 PM
MagicWing
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Jrocket
Personally Waiting until they knock 12-14k off

When this thing goes for 72k I will prob pull the trigger.

If this had started at 69,900 The GSF would be flying off the Lots

Instead they sit ...

I hope No one pulls the trigger on one of these anytime soon Really make Lexus realize they priced the car wrong.

I will enjoy my M4 for another year and sit back and watch the Direction Lexus chooses to go price wise.

Only a Matter of time
It's interesting that you have an M4 and yet you're considering the GS F as a potential next car (when the price is right). Most people don't think that the M4 buyer is also interested in the GS F. I too like the GS F, despite it's power shortcomings. I've been shopping it against an AMG C63 S, as it has more in common with the GS F than the AMG E63 does. The difference in horsepower between a GS F and C63 S is 36hp, and both MSRP for about $87k loaded (though the GS F is even more loaded). Many compare the Lexus to the M5, E63, etc because of size but those cars are far more expensive.

I've driven both the C63 S and the GS F. Both are awesome cars. The AMG is faster to 60 by about half a second, which you can feel. But both are quick. Both sound amazing. Both have lots of nice tech, beautiful interiors, great handling, etc. I pushed on both cars during my drives, and they made me smile. The Lexus lacks some low end torque, which we all know. But I'm not sure how much that matters. It's a beautiful car.

For now I've ruled out the CTS V, ATS V, Charger Hellcat, the Bimmers, and others for various reasons. Those are all amazing cars. I am well aware of the car landscape, but have narrowed in on these two cars at the moment. I'm looking for an overall package of luxury, reliability, looks (which are subjective), features, etc.

So.... Assume that both the AMG and the Lexus can each be had for around 5k under MSRP. Each will drop in price the longer I wait, so let's just pretend that they're always going for about the same price. Which would you buy? Thanks!
Old 02-06-16, 06:16 PM
ryanSC300lover
Lead Lap

Received 86 Likes on 66 Posts

I have a E63 AMG with now 38,000 miles
Purchased new

We really like our RCF thus I have been thinking of either waiting for new body E class or pulling trigger on GSF granted prices go down as they sit
Old 02-06-16, 07:04 PM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by ryanSC300lover
I have a E63 AMG with now 38,000 miles
Purchased new

We really like our RCF thus I have been thinking of either waiting for new body E class or pulling trigger on GSF granted prices go down as they sit
Just curious, what's wrong with the e63 that you want to sell it for something else?
Old 02-06-16, 07:35 PM
ryanSC300lover
Lead Lap

Received 86 Likes on 66 Posts

Nothing wrong with it
Want newer design
And change it up
Old 02-07-16, 09:20 PM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

I see at least 21% discount closer to year end based on how much members received on leftover 2015 GS350 (21%). With a difference around $35000 between the GS350 and GSF, I wouldn't doubt the discount percentage to be higher. I sure will pick one up for 66-67k plus ttl.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: First GS f owner?