GS F (2016-present) Discussion topics related to the GS F model

Price Paid for a GS-F (Lease or Purchase)

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-16, 09:11 AM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

Received 96 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
dealers are doing 5k off already? i am glad they learned their lesson from the rcf
5k is defiantly not enough. They are just sitting on lots. Lexus soon will need to offer 10-15k dealer cash to move those units
Old 02-05-16, 12:44 PM
situman
Pole Position

Received 162 Likes on 112 Posts

Saw a USB F sitting in the showroom of my dealer. I jokingly offered him half price, he countered with a "i'll buy it first at half price."
Old 02-05-16, 01:09 PM
jonathanz
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by situman
Saw a USB F sitting in the showroom of my dealer. I jokingly offered him half price, he countered with a "i'll buy it first at half price."
nice, which dealer?
Old 02-05-16, 01:48 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Consider how long it took them to cut 10k+ on rcf, not sure if thry would go that aggressive that fast
Old 02-05-16, 03:04 PM
Rrgirgis
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have been looking at local so cal dealers inventory and spoken with a few they have sold maybe 1-3 since they rolled out in mid december. And those same dealers are getting about 4-5 that are beginning to sit on there lots and it seems inventory keeps climbing.

So hopefully the very few that are willing to pay the high price to be first to have it are out of the way. Then the higher incentives should be rollin in.

Most dealerships are probibly going to hold out before lowering the price so they can sell and make huge profits as lexus probibly has already given them more than 5k dealer cash already...

The rc-f took longer to give 10k off due to that it is competitive with the m3/m4 in specs, but the GS-F is way behind in specs to the e63 m5 cts-v and its a gen1 so hopefully the larger discounts come sooner than later.
Old 02-07-16, 08:01 PM
jlaszko
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How aggressive should I negotiate?

I placed an order for a new GS F 2 weeks ago and my car is on the transport headed to my dealership. I'm trading in my 2013 GS. The sticker shows about $88.5k. What should I realistically be looking for final price to be?

Thanks,

James
Old 02-07-16, 09:09 PM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

Received 96 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by jlaszko
I placed an order for a new GS F 2 weeks ago and my car is on the transport headed to my dealership. I'm trading in my 2013 GS. The sticker shows about $88.5k. What should I realistically be looking for final price to be?

Thanks,

James
So you put a deposit down already and signed the paper to purchase without negotiating purchase price and trade in? I hope that deposit is refundable or else you are paying full msrp and low balled on the trade in
Old 02-08-16, 05:39 AM
JayRo354
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks,

James
Low to mid 60's. The dealer will low ball your trade in; but I am sure you already know that. At that price you should have everything (folding mirrors and heated steering wheels among other things). I would check the dealer ad-ons. Do you really need that paint protection and extended warranty right now? Congrats on your purchase. What color did you go with?

Last edited by JayRo354; 02-08-16 at 05:42 AM. Reason: add
Old 02-08-16, 06:18 AM
jlaszko
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ssmoked
So you put a deposit down already and signed the paper to purchase without negotiating purchase price and trade in? I hope that deposit is refundable or else you are paying full msrp and low balled on the trade in
I saw the ad, emailed my sales guy (bought my previous GS from him), found they had 2 on the lot, went down and test drove one, convinced my wife I could have one and then told them to find me one with the options I wanted. They searched and found it at the port. I gave them a deposit over the phone and have been waiting... Never signed anything.
Old 02-08-16, 06:23 AM
jlaszko
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by JayRo354
Low to mid 60's. The dealer will low ball your trade in; but I am sure you already know that. At that price you should have everything (folding mirrors and heated steering wheels among other things). I would check the dealer ad-ons. Do you really need that paint protection and extended warranty right now? Congrats on your purchase. What color did you go with?
My current GS is Nebula Gray Pearl with light interior. Decided to go Caviar/Black interior, orange brakes, all the options.

I wasn't planning on buying a new car. Don't need one. Drove the thing and changed my mind very quickly.
Old 02-08-16, 07:08 AM
MagicWing
Driver School Candidate

Thanks,

James
Did you not already negotiate the price at this point?
Old 02-08-16, 07:24 AM
Rrgirgis
Rookie

Congrats on placing an order for the GS-F.

The largest discount i have seen a dealer offer to date is 5k, im not sure if anyone has gotten a better price yet.

My understanding is lexus usually charges MSRP for any ordered vehicle.

I would contact your dealer asap and see the terms of the purchase if you were expecting to pay less than msrp on the GS-F.

They are definitley going to low ball you on the GS350, try to get some quotes from beepi.com, vroom, carmax on your car. Usually it will be more than the dealer offer and dealers usually will match it. I would hold those quotes in my back pocket of course just in case by a miracle they offer more for your car.
Old 02-08-16, 07:37 AM
jlaszko
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Rrgirgis
Congrats on placing an order for the GS-F.

The largest discount i have seen a dealer offer to date is 5k, im not sure if anyone has gotten a better price yet.

My understanding is lexus usually charges MSRP for any ordered vehicle.

I would contact your dealer asap and see the terms of the purchase if you were expecting to pay less than msrp on the GS-F.

They are definitley going to low ball you on the GS350, try to get some quotes from beepi.com, vroom, carmax on your car. Usually it will be more than the dealer offer and dealers usually will match it. I would hold those quotes in my back pocket of course just in case by a miracle they offer more for your car.
My other post got held for approval.... I've bought multiple cars from this dealership/sales guy. Would hope I don't get taken for a ride... I haven't signed anything, just did a deposit over the phone (before they even found the car that's on its way). I've got all the comp pricing queued up in my iPad....
Old 02-08-16, 08:38 AM
Rrgirgis
Rookie

My other post got held for approval.... I've bought multiple cars from this dealership/sales guy. Would hope I don't get taken for a ride... I haven't signed anything, just did a deposit over the phone (before they even found the car that's on its way). I've got all the comp pricing queued up in my iPad....
Ok sounds like the salesman should take care of you since you are his regular customer.

Please keep us posted on what deal they offer you on the GS-F. Im in the market for one too just waiting for the pricing to come down.

On a side note saw the caviar in person it is a sharp looking color.It really looks like a very dark charcoal grey with silver sparkle.
Old 02-08-16, 08:43 AM
situman
Pole Position

Received 162 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by jonathanz
nice, which dealer?
Lexus of Manhattan in NYC

Quick Reply: Price Paid for a GS-F (Lease or Purchase)