GS F (2016-present) Discussion topics related to the GS F model

Price Paid for a GS-F (Lease or Purchase)

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-15, 08:28 AM
biggame
Lead Lap

Received 124 Likes on 82 Posts

You can get a GSF for 2k down and $1290 a month..36 month 10k miles
Old 12-30-15, 11:45 AM
RNM GS3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 61 Likes on 45 Posts

^
Way too high, You can lease an S550 for that amount.

M5 would be much less too.

Lexus needs to price these cars aggressively to build a following and then for the next generation cars have strong demand where they can dictate pricing.
At this point they are turning off the few potential customers that exist for the GSF/RCF.
Old 12-31-15, 11:52 AM
hacker_720
Pole Position

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Dragtek
Perhaps he is speaking in CAD versus USD?
Yes, sorry, CAD.
Old 12-31-15, 04:11 PM
ForzaF
Pole Position

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Generally here in Canada we pay more for our cars. I know the currency isn't favouring us either but even if it was dollar to the dollar we would still see the same price. Let's not forget Lexus dealers can't mark up the price just like some American car brands do with the hellcat or gt350 when they first come out. They have a loyalty policy I believe so you will not see mark ups.

I'm not sure if the Gsf has an options list in the USA but in Canada you practically are getting a fully optioned car , this was the case with the rc-f only thing missing was torque vectoring diff on it and 2 paint colours were extra. We couldn't get the carbon pack either I believe
Old 12-31-15, 05:50 PM
1BlinkGone
Pole Position

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I'll take the GS F anyday over the M5 or the S550. YMMV...
Old 01-01-16, 10:40 AM
Tokenblkgy
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MI350_55
Almost pulled the trigger on one this past weekend. I'm glad it was "almost"... Need to learn my lesson of buying first gen cars - hype, unexpected issues, unnecessary dealer mark up, etc.
What were the reasons you didnt pull the trigger?
Old 01-06-16, 07:27 AM
Elitedax3
Rookie

Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts

This is exactly what they should do. Similar to the CTS-V. Get it out there and be moderate in your pricing to show what the car can do, once its been around for a cycle then you can increase the price just like Cadillac did.

Obviously I dont want a higher price, but at least it would make more sense once the car has proven itself to be on the same level as similar priced vehicles.

Originally Posted by RNM GS3
^
Way too high, You can lease an S550 for that amount.

M5 would be much less too.

Lexus needs to price these cars aggressively to build a following and then for the next generation cars have strong demand where they can dictate pricing.
At this point they are turning off the few potential customers that exist for the GSF/RCF.
Old 01-06-16, 09:32 AM
kdphan
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1BlinkGone
I'll take the GS F anyday over the M5 or the S550. YMMV...
i'd take a CTS-V over the GS F any day

my CTS-V build would come to 92.6k and supplier pricing is 86.6k
Old 01-07-16, 12:32 AM
MI350_55
Pole Position

Originally Posted by T4Fun
see what infiniti is doing their q50. will probably give the gs f a run for its money
I was hoping Infiniti would offer the Eau Rouge instead. Not a watered down version of the VR38DETT.
Old 01-07-16, 10:08 AM
finny76
Advanced

Received 76 Likes on 51 Posts

This is the first year of the GS F, so forget about good deals. I bet next year you will be able to lease the GS F for less than $1k/monthly with 0 down and 12K miles
Same thing happened with the RCF first year no good deals, second year much better and realistic deals
Old 01-07-16, 11:20 AM
1BlinkGone
Pole Position

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by kdphan

I love the CTS-V & have a build of car that in my file as well...having said that, it's at a different MSRP price point than the loaded GS F build that I have on file.

My GS F Build: $88,239 (ALL boxes ticked, except orange calipers)
My CTS-V Build: $99,680 (many boxes unticked- no UltraView, no premium paint, etc)

So the GS F offers a whole lot for more than $11,400 less MSRP, than the CTS-V. Yes, the GS F's a NA engine (which I sure prefer over the Bimmer or MB turbo cars), and while it lacks the supercharged 180hp gain of the CTS-V, for my desires I cannot say the GS F is lacking in wampum for a street sedan. Lets be honest, the only way any of us will be using all 640hp on the street will be to do one of two things: a nice trip downtown in cuffs, or perhaps something even more catastrophic...the GS F has 120 more HP than my wife's prior '07 Charger RT/RT..and that car had plenty for the street. IMHO, we have become absolutely jaded by the HP/Torque wars over the last 5-10 years.

When you start ticking boxes, at least in my mind, the GS F offers more value...and truthfully, we will likely have both cars in our garage so it really doesn't matter. But I still have to give the Lexus GS F its due here.

Last edited by 1BlinkGone; 01-07-16 at 11:26 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by 1BlinkGone:
adr7090 (09-27-21), winterturb (06-15-19)
Old 01-10-16, 08:00 AM
Kev99sv
Pit Crew

Received 96 Likes on 37 Posts

That's cool. I wouldn't and I didn't. So which one did you end up buying?
Old 01-11-16, 06:34 AM
DrRick
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Kev99sv
That's cool. I wouldn't and I didn't. So which one did you end up buying?

if its the same kdphan from bimmerpost...he just got an ATS-V.
Old 01-11-16, 09:40 AM
kdphan
Driver

Originally Posted by DrRick
if its the same kdphan from bimmerpost...he just got an ATS-V.
bingo

traded in my F80M3 for an ATS-V sedan.

There seems to be a backlog for ordering CTS-V. Dealership told me it could take 4 months If I had ordered on 12/31. There's a carbon fiber shortage or something like that. I wasn't willing to wait 4 months.

I was also thinking about an RC-F since the lease deal was incredible (over 11k off MSRP, although some have reported getting even better).

But anyway...it's a great time to be an enthusiast.

some guys probably see me posting on different forums (bimmerpost, caddy forum, CL since I still have my GS and like updates, R8talk and rennlist since my next car will be a 911 or R8). But it's nice seeing same people on different forums. Being open-minded is a great thing.

Last edited by kdphan; 01-11-16 at 09:47 AM.
Old 01-11-16, 10:18 AM
DrRick
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

bingo

traded in my F80M3 for an ATS-V sedan.

There seems to be a backlog for ordering CTS-V. Dealership told me it could take 4 months If I had ordered on 12/31. There's a carbon fiber shortage or something like that. I wasn't willing to wait 4 months.

I was also thinking about an RC-F since the lease deal was incredible (over 11k off MSRP, although some have reported getting even better).

But anyway...it's a great time to be an enthusiast.

some guys probably see me posting on different forums (bimmerpost, caddy forum, CL since I still have my GS and like updates, R8talk and rennlist since my next car will be a 911 or R8). But it's nice seeing same people on different forums. Being open-minded is a great thing.
No doubt. Wasn't trying to 'expose' you or anything. I'm on the F8x boards because we got my wife an M4. I tried to persuade her into an ATS-V coupe but she didn't like the interior (and she would've divorced me if we had ordered one May/June and had to wait all those months!). Also had her take a look at the RC-F and she just couldn't warm to the styling. Oh well...

Congrats on the V, tho. Seems like a damn near perfect car...

Quick Reply: Price Paid for a GS-F (Lease or Purchase)