GS F (2016-present) Discussion topics related to the GS F model

Price Paid for a GS-F (Lease or Purchase)

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-23, 03:49 PM
1A1
Instructor

Received 300 Likes on 207 Posts

Originally Posted by PBarnes
Would love to hear your pros/cons for those vehicles you listed as I am in the same boat.

RCF to me looks more aggressive and fun but, I do want 4 doors...
LC500 seems more luxurious than the GS F but, again I want 4 doors and I want more of an edge/thrill of the driving experience that the GS F probably can deliver over the LC? Hard for me to say because I've never driven the LC500.

When I drove the GS F it felt very civilized when driven normally but, I liked that it had some ***** when you decided it was time to get more serious. The LC500 seems like more of a refined cruiser but, again I've never taken one for a spin so I may be way off base here.
Right, the RCF and GSF are so similar that I’d only get the Fuji or Track Edition of the RCF. The LC500 is as refined as you can get and is a wonderful car….but it weighs more than a GSF and doesn’t have an oil or trans cooler so if you drive them hard, they can overheat those fluids, usually the trans fluid first. I’m probably leaning toward another GSF at this point, but we will see.

Steve
Old 04-28-23, 08:27 AM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,842 Likes on 2,330 Posts

Originally Posted by 1A1
Tremendously. My issue is that I have a MKiV Supra that is 30 years old now and ran great until a few years ago. Now I’m battling issues. My goal is to get it running again…or sell it.

When I had the GSF I was driving it all the time and never working on the Supra. If I sell the Supra, I may get another one….or an RCF Track or Fuji, or an LC500. I’m at the point now where I just want something fun and reliable.

Steve
Which issues are you experiencing with your MkIV? I've got a few of those too now. I just replaced all the foam seals in the HVAC box because the original foam was blowing out the vents into my eyes, and that was no fun of a job for sure.
Old 05-02-23, 10:49 AM
ryanSC300lover
Lead Lap

Received 86 Likes on 66 Posts

Dealer has 2 used 2020 locally. Asking 75K each. Can't move them.
Old 05-02-23, 08:38 PM
kaban1993
Pit Crew

Received 16 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by entr0pic
I feel like I could have written the same post as you, @PBarnes . I too have had the GS F on my watch list for several years now, hoping for higher mileage 2016 examples to work their way into the high 30s/low 40s, with low-mile examples being maybe a $10-15k premium over that depending on the example, and have watched the listing prices head the other direction. I've gotta remind myself that I wasn't ready to buy then and I'm still not necessary ready to buy now either, so it's all sort of moot, but I can't help but be frustrated. Of course, pretty much everything else has ballooned in price over that period too.

I've got the same question. I suspect the relative rarity and lack of cars hitting the market is what's going to keep values relatively high, but also fear I'm deluding myself into overpaying with that logic. We only seem to get a handful of used GS Fs hitting the used market each month, and there's probably at least a few dozen of us out there, constantly refreshing pages or checking their alerts, ready to pounce. So a simple supply and demand problem. That said, I do feel like a recession and/or high gas prices could take some of the air out of the GS F market, and I am hopeful for a general easing in the used car market, like @MRonan83 alluded to.

I suspect that in my case, I'll find a deal I can stomach on one of the other vehicles on my list before the right GS F deal comes along for me, but I keep checking.

I really appreciate this thread and owners' willingness to share the details of their transaction. It's very illuminating.
In the same boat as you guys. Been looking for 2 years. Wasn’t ready to buy pre-pandemic, but during it I got very fortunate. Not fortunate enough however as I also have a number in mind, but these damn prices just won’t get there, especially for a 2017 and up. I can’t stomach paying over 50k for a 7/8 year old vehicle that already had outdated tech to begin with. Obviously there are things we can do to add creature comforts, but I’m coming from a 99 SC, and a 2010 GS (which I bought 4.5 years ago with 80k miles for under 10k - pretty sure I robbed someone ) so I’m looking for a little more tech and to feel a little more “up to date”. Hoping I can still keep the SC with the gsf as I have one in pristine condition that I’ve been advised to sell on BAT.

I have noticed some fluctuation in the prices, lately they’ve creeped up and now look to have stabilized again. That said, the inventory is much lower now compared to early winter, which is a little surprising considering we’re well into the spring.

my prediction is that they will go down a little bit, and we all just have to be patient. Let’s see what this summer shows us. There’s pressure on the market in general right now, and with high interest rates, I suspect it eventually has to hit the gsf market. My only worry is that usually GSF owners are well aware of the car they have, and no other Lexus in the lineup now really compares. The new models are all boring and tailoring to this damn electrification push No gsf owner will “upgrade” in their right mind unless they go German or they give up the 2 doors and go with the LC.

-Sly
Old 06-07-23, 01:49 PM
fearnight
Driver

Received 26 Likes on 11 Posts

2017 GS-F
One owner, clean title
38k miles
$56,800, including $1,500 for shipping across the U.S. to me

Seems like I got lucky to snag this one so fast. Dealer said he had at least 7 people call him after I put down the deposit. One guy even showed up in person wanting to buy it.
The following 2 users liked this post by fearnight:
entr0pic (06-21-23), Net Junky (06-07-23)
Old 06-07-23, 05:38 PM
GSFhopeful
Driver

Received 43 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by fearnight
2017 GS-F
One owner, clean title
38k miles
$56,800, including $1,500 for shipping across the U.S. to me

Seems like I got lucky to snag this one so fast. Dealer said he had at least 7 people call him after I put down the deposit. One guy even showed up in person wanting to buy it.
Congrats on the pickup! I think that's a reasonable price for a clean, low-mileage example, especially if the owner took good care of it. I also have to imagine it was in solid shape if multiple folks were interested. What color exterior/interior if you don't mind me asking?
Old 06-08-23, 10:16 AM
fearnight
Driver

Received 26 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by GSFhopeful
Congrats on the pickup! I think that's a reasonable price for a clean, low-mileage example, especially if the owner took good care of it. I also have to imagine it was in solid shape if multiple folks were interested. What color exterior/interior if you don't mind me asking?
White exterior, black interior. Bone stock vehicle

I've had curb rash on one wheel repaired, but other than that, the vehicle was flawless on delivery inside and out. I had the salesman send me dozens of pictures and a few videos and it arrived better than I expected.
The following 2 users liked this post by fearnight:
Dukeaudio (07-03-23), GSFhopeful (06-08-23)
Old 10-07-23, 09:01 PM
greys0uled
Advanced

Received 137 Likes on 107 Posts

Hey fellas, what are you guy's thoughts on this 2017 with 101,000 miles going for $40K? I went and looked at it today and it was extremely clean, you could tell it was a highway driver from a bit road rash on the lower grille (the hood had PPF, but the grille/bumper didn't. Weird), the car was clean everywhere else otherwise. Looking for a 2017+ because of AVS. This one doesn't have HUD but I don't care for that honestly.

I have a 14 F Sport currently with 130K on the clock, runs flawlessly, never given me any issues. Mileage has never deterred me when it comes to Lexus and we know these are bulletproof. It would be a car I drive until it dies.

Would love to hear you guys thoughts. P.S. I love the color combo on this one honestly. I'm usually for black interiors but stratus grey looked very nice in person.

Last edited by greys0uled; 10-07-23 at 09:07 PM.
Old 10-09-23, 01:39 AM
greys0uled
Advanced

Originally Posted by adr7090
I bought my 2016, 3 years ago with 24K on it for $44K (now it has only 35K miles and dealer is asking to buy back for 58K)
Wow. Yeah this brings some perspective to my above post, lol.
The following users liked this post:
Nunz (10-09-23)
Old 10-09-23, 11:13 AM
Nunz
Pit Crew

Received 120 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by greys0uled
Wow. Yeah this brings some perspective to my above post, lol.
For the price it is a pretty good deal based on the mileage and year. Your only risk is the valley plate leaking, but it is worthwhile to see the maintenance history of it prior. That GSF has been for sale since I was looking for my GSF back in April.
greys0uled (10-09-23)
Old 10-09-23, 11:30 AM
greys0uled
Advanced

Originally Posted by Nunz
For the price it is a pretty good deal based on the mileage and year. Your only risk is the valley plate leaking, but it is worthwhile to see the maintenance history of it prior. That GSF has been for sale since I was looking for my GSF back in April.
Wow has it really? That's good to know, thank you! The Carfax just states it was first listed back in July, then looks like it was moved to a sister dealer and listed again in September. It's only added 3k miles in the last year so that definitely gives some insight. Are folks that scared of higher mileage or is there something wrong this one I don't know? Hm. A PPI would definitely be had.

Maintenance history looks good. Consistent oil changes and new pads/rotors roughly 25k miles ago. Minor damage noted in the rear on the Carfax but I didn't see anything when I looked at it Saturday, it was spotless.
Old 10-09-23, 12:47 PM
Nunz
Pit Crew

Received 120 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by greys0uled
Wow has it really? That's good to know, thank you! The Carfax just states it was first listed back in July, then looks like it was moved to a sister dealer and listed again in September. It's only added 3k miles in the last year so that definitely gives some insight. Are folks that scared of higher mileage or is there something wrong this one I don't know? Hm. A PPI would definitely be had.

Maintenance history looks good. Consistent oil changes and new pads/rotors roughly 25k miles ago. Minor damage noted in the rear on the Carfax but I didn't see anything when I looked at it Saturday, it was spotless.
To be candid, the reason I think it has sat unsold as with a lot of other high-mileage GSFs, is that people do not want to buy one with the high mileage, and would prefer a lower mileage example. People are more comfortable with buying ISFs at that mileage due to the age of an ISF vs the age of a GSF. At the end of the day it really comes down to the prior ownership, maintenance history, and how comfortable you are buying a sports car at that high of mileage. It is a beautiful spec GSF and was located in Texas in April.
greys0uled (10-10-23)
Old 10-10-23, 01:56 PM
greys0uled
Advanced

Gonna pass on it. 101k miles with current market interest rates is a tough sell. I assume others that have looked at it have echoed similarly.

I think my chance to own an F has passed, lol.