GS F (2016-present) Discussion topics related to the GS F model

Drove a GS F

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-15, 11:19 AM
Malu59RT
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Drove a GS F

Had an opportunity to experience the car, but it was probably stupid to drive my Viper there, as it skews my perception of acceleration when I test drive something else. The GS F sounds great at idle and cruising, you definitely know you are driving something special, and of course when you lay into it, the car comes alive.

The perforated steering wheel feels nice in your hands with a thick rim, but I wish the airbag assembly and the button clusters were the same as the 2016 GS350. The interior of the car feels very familiar, except the bolsters digging into my side. I can't comprehend how the Viper's bolsters are perfect, even though they are deep, but the Lexus is so narrow and digs into my sides. Granted, I'm not a skinny hipster, but this in itself could be a deal breaker . I've read the rear seat legroom is compromised because of the TVD, but I am guessing that may be noticeable with 3 passengers in the rear, not just myself in the rear. To me, it felt the same as my GS350 F-Sport in the backseat.

Looking forward to hearing more about them as other members start to pick them up. For me, it would replace the GS350 if I pulled the trigger on it.
Old 12-23-15, 05:37 PM
Tokenblkgy
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the feedback! Was this model easy for you to get a test drive in, and pressure sales or were they just excited to have someone to look at it?

I have been watching quiet a few videos on it and interested in everyones perception of acceleration, braking and the sterring feel. I love how everyone on the vids say the "GSF is no match for the M-5, CTS-V etc and misses the mark". I'm sorry i am not a BMW fanboy and find them pretty boring... and on what roads am I really going to be able to expel all 650HP? I think 470HP is good enough for me
Old 12-24-15, 05:39 AM
Malu59RT
Driver

Originally Posted by Tokenblkgy
Thanks for the feedback! Was this model easy for you to get a test drive in, and pressure sales or were they just excited to have someone to look at it?

I have been watching quiet a few videos on it and interested in everyones perception of acceleration, braking and the steering feel. I love how everyone on the vids say the "GSF is no match for the M-5, CTS-V etc and misses the mark". I'm sorry i am not a BMW fanboy and find them pretty boring... and on what roads am I really going to be able to expel all 650HP? I think 470HP is good enough for me
I've purchased 3 cars from this dealership and have been talking with the sales consultant for months, so it wasn't a case of just some random dude walking in and asking to drive their newest hi performance car. I don't know if anyone else has had an opportunity to drive one there, my sales consultant hadn't even driven one. He has one coming in next month that I will go look at before making a decision.

I've test driven an M6 Gran Coupe, and I love that car. The acceleration is great, but more importantly, the TT V8 has gobs of torque, which make daily driving a lot more enjoyable, as running the car to redline just to pass someone isn't something I want to do with a car full of passengers. The lack of torque is honestly one of the things that irks me about the GS350 F-sport compared to my GS430, and why I'm considering a GS F.

BTW, I use 700hp every day in the Viper, and even got an award from the local police department this morning, recognizing my achievement.
Old 12-24-15, 04:49 PM
JamesG
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

noone with a performance car should ever get a ticket unless just unlucky....

I have been hit with laser at least a dozen times in the last 3 years doing 85 and up... 0 tickets.....

http://alpriorityusa.com/
Old 12-24-15, 08:13 PM
bahaia
Driver School Candidate

I have to say the GSF is an amazing car, I had the opportunity to test drive one at Lexus of Las Vegas, I am a repeat customer there I was ready to pull the trigger on trading in my 2015 gs f sport, but I did not agree with the final numbers. So I ended up keeping the GS and purchased a 2015 GTR.
Old 12-24-15, 08:15 PM
bahaia
Driver School Candidate

Here is the GTR

Last edited by bitkahuna; 12-24-15 at 09:32 PM.
Old 12-24-15, 08:39 PM
Tokenblkgy
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JamesG
noone with a performance car should ever get a ticket unless just unlucky....

I have been hit with laser at least a dozen times in the last 3 years doing 85 and up... 0 tickets.....

http://alpriorityusa.com/
So are you saying these detectors are better at blocking radar than others?? Im not following
Old 12-24-15, 09:33 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,126 Likes on 1,378 Posts

Bahaia congrats on gtr. Wow.
Old 12-25-15, 06:17 AM
ybing
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by bahaia
Here is the GTR
You made the right call, the GTR is a much better choice since you have you daily car

But I heard there is a new GTR coming soon, should keep your receipt haha
Old 12-25-15, 07:12 AM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I've driven the GS F and here are my thoughts, in order as they ocurred.
- Looks very muscular, beastly. Loved the CF lip and spoiler. Hated the gray painted side mirrors and b-pillars. Liked the wheels but wished Lexus would be more aggressive on offsets.

- The RC seats look hot in the GS but I was hoping they wouldn't be the exact same seats. This is still a luxury sedan and the seats should be more comfy than the coupe.

- Cranking it up was marvelous. The sound! Made for car enthusiasts.

- I was trying to be careful since it was our first car off the truck and there was a crowd of guys standing around but the acceleration didn't feel as strong as the coupe. But again, I was being careful. I'll try it again when we get more cars in. That first one sold that same day and we haven't received another yet.

My take away from that brief experience....they will sell. They will sell!
Old 12-26-15, 10:34 AM
sam430
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Malu59RT

BTW, I use 700hp every day in the Viper, and even got an award from the local police department this morning, recognizing my achievement.
Had you ever received a trophy? the ones the goes around your wrists...anyhow, I wonder when we'll get the 5GSF?

Last edited by sam430; 12-26-15 at 10:47 AM.
Old 12-28-15, 11:23 AM
Malu59RT
Driver

Originally Posted by sam430
Had you ever received a trophy? the ones the goes around your wrists...anyhow, I wonder when we'll get the 5GSF?
You mean the coveted driver of the year award? Yes, I've received one of those also
Old 01-18-16, 01:53 PM
JamesG
Driver

So are you saying these detectors are better at blocking radar than others?? Im not following
They are the best (for a reasonable price)....

As far as I know they are the only laser kit that blocks the dragoneye laser gun, which alternates frequencies on the laser pulse.......
Old 02-05-16, 01:52 PM
RC51TOFUMA
Lead Lap

Received 35 Likes on 23 Posts
Default GSF Test Drive today

I have to say.......
It would be pretty tough not to be a lead foot on the pedal....as a daily driver.
The HUD is nice......
Power / Exhaust sound is nice......
man......87k is tough........
drives nice......very nice..... heheh
ofcourse...I'm comparing to my 2007 with only 50k miles on it.....

Old 04-04-16, 02:36 PM
cp2
Racer

Received 326 Likes on 195 Posts

I have been watching quiet a few videos on it and interested in everyones perception of acceleration, braking and the sterring feel. I love how everyone on the vids say the "GSF is no match for the M-5, CTS-V etc and misses the mark". I'm sorry i am not a BMW fanboy and find them pretty boring... and on what roads am I really going to be able to expel all 650HP? I think 470HP is good enough for me
Roseville has a white GS-F on the lot and I test drove it. the salesman said that they had a usb and it sold fairly quickly. I have a '15 is350 f-sport and the differences were night and day! huge difference in power and torque not to mention the size of the car. all the bells and whistles were great as well as the mini imax screen. I don't think the car is worth what they're asking, but it was definitely fun to drive. to be honest though, don't know if it'd be a good daily driver...bad on gas and with all the traffic in my area, it's kinda hard to push the car to it's full potential.

Quick Reply: Drove a GS F