GS F (2016-present) Discussion topics related to the GS F model

2016 GS F Product Information & Base Price $85,380 **

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-15, 12:50 PM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,603 Likes on 1,021 Posts

I found this on Autoweek about the suspension:

Everything in the suspension is changed from the standard GS, including geometry, to accommodate the F’s track and fatter tires. The GS F gets unique forged aluminum control arms, firmer springs and stiffer bushings, but the most notable difference is philosophical. Where the standard GS and the high-performance competition have switched to electronic variable damping, the GS F goes with old-fashioned Sachs mono-tube shocks. That narrows the range of damping rates, but it also trims weight, complexity and cost. F engineers say the conventional suspension works better in the band they seek, and they think F buyers will happily tolerate a firmer road ride.
The GS F presents world-class, flex-free body structure and good suspension tuning, no fancy adaptive shocks required -- kind of what we used to love about BMWs. It requires a bit more steering effort than most cars in the class, and we like that. On track, the skid-control electronics are protective, but not stifling. Head into a corner slow and get on the gas hard, and the GS F will slide in back no problem, or throttle back if the traction control is on. Brake too late and turn in too quickly, and it will push. You’ll just stay off the gas and slow down. In sport-plus, you’ll feel the car move around a bit more under hard braking, as the electronics aren’t correcting as quickly or constantly. Even then, the worst trouble you’re likely to encounter is going in way too hot and pushing toward the opposite edge.

Even with the narrower bandwidth in the conventional shocks, the GS F doesn’t feel overtly stiff on the road -- at least on smooth roads in rural Spain. We may think differently back home in the Motor City. The ride is firm, and there’s some slap and chatter as the energy from loaded sport tires finds its way up the steering shaft. That’s a good thing on a track, and on the road it doesn’t seem too steep a price for a solid track car.
http://autoweek.com/article/car-revi...-f-first-drive
Old 12-15-15, 09:55 AM
bocahoo
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just received a call from my dealer that they have received their first GS-F but that it is already sold. He said they have an allocation of 6 more coming but that he expects all to sell before they arrive at the dealer.

I already purchased a replacement for my GS which comes off lease next month so it's a moot point for me, but it validates what I thought... that the GS-F wouldn't work for me from a timing standpoint unless I was willing to pay MSRP (and potentially more) until the early adopter novelty wears off.

I may look at the GS-F in a few years assuming they are selling for less than $85K by then. Or it would be a good car to pick up pre-owned.
Old 12-15-15, 11:44 AM
bootman
Intermediate

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

Not sure why the fuss over the price.
Searching for say a New 2015 Lexus GS 450h Base on cars.com shows up two for 75-76K.
I think this one is worth 10K more.
Old 12-15-15, 12:24 PM
bocahoo
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bootman
Searching for say a New 2015 Lexus GS 450h Base on cars.com shows up two for 75-76K.
Speaking for myself, it's not the comparison to the 450h, it's the comparison to the 550i and S6. For me, the GS-F is not worth $10-$20K more than those two (assuming dealers won't budge on GS-F pricing initially).
Old 12-15-15, 01:23 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

quite a few dealerships i checked with and also from what i have read around, most dealerships say they will be getting 5-8 cars. some get more. something doesn't add up if they are only making 2000 of them, unless some dealerships are not getting any at all (i assume 2000 for the whole US)
Old 12-15-15, 07:19 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by rominl
quite a few dealerships i checked with and also from what i have read around, most dealerships say they will be getting 5-8 cars. some get more. something doesn't add up if they are only making 2000 of them, unless some dealerships are not getting any at all (i assume 2000 for the whole US)
I'll see about getting some clarity on what the sales goal & expectations are for the first year..

vs scheduled production numbers in the USA.

~ Joe Z
Old 12-15-15, 08:13 PM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

should sell more units than the RCF since its a 4 door
Old 12-15-15, 09:57 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe Z
I'll see about getting some clarity on what the sales goal & expectations are for the first year..

vs scheduled production numbers in the USA.

~ Joe Z
yes, i am interested in that
Old 12-16-15, 10:08 AM
DavidL
Driver

Received 28 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Why I bought one this weekend

Saturday I purchased the 2016 GS-F in Liquid Platinum at South County Lexus.

Let me just say I've read all 22 pages (at this point) of this thread some before my purchase and the remainder before this posting. I was thinking the same as a lot of you that the price was higher than expected/desired. I *am* a fan of Lexus but not a fanboy. This is the 7th Lexus I have owned and the highest performance car since my 2001 E55. After my nightmare experience with the E55 (lemon law repurchase) my focus has been on reliability of my daily driver.

I currently also own a 2013 GS350 F-Sport and when the RC-F came out I took it for a ride and really didn't care for the car. I've been waiting for the GS-F that I could test drive and that was what did it for me.

I considered other cars in the price range and since I'm not planning any track days and don't care for all out top performance specs, the GS-F was just the right amount of added performance, compared to my F-SPort, to seal the deal. As for options, I've never purchased a base model so most of the standard options on the GS-F I probably would have selected if they offered a build-your-own version.

I see too many M3/M4/M5s around here in so cal and prefer something that is a little bit more unique. After seeing the GS-F at the auto show, I really liked the styling enhancements over my F-Sport.
Old 12-16-15, 10:53 AM
GS3Tek

Received 162 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by DavidL
Wow, congrats on your new GS F

I would love to give a thumbs up to any new GS F owners out there if I see them on the road here in
so cal.
Old 12-16-15, 05:43 PM
jjscsix
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by bootman
You are assuming the H is selling at that price. I don't recall ever seeing a current generation GS Hybrid on the road, or for that matter on the dealers lot. And I don't miss much.
Old 12-16-15, 06:10 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts
Lightbulb

Congrats David..!!!

Don't forget to drop in a pic of your new GS F

~ Joe Z

Let me just say I've read all 22 pages (at this point) of this thread some before my purchase and the remainder before this posting. I was thinking the same as a lot of you that the price was higher than expected/desired. I *am* a fan of Lexus but not a fanboy. This is the 7th Lexus I have owned and the highest performance car since my 2001 E55. After my nightmare experience with the E55 (lemon law repurchase) my focus has been on reliability of my daily driver.

I currently also own a 2013 GS350 F-Sport and when the RC-F came out I took it for a ride and really didn't care for the car. I've been waiting for the GS-F that I could test drive and that was what did it for me.

I considered other cars in the price range and since I'm not planning any track days and don't care for all out top performance specs, the GS-F was just the right amount of added performance, compared to my F-SPort, to seal the deal. As for options, I've never purchased a base model so most of the standard options on the GS-F I probably would have selected if they offered a build-your-own version.

I see too many M3/M4/M5s around here in so cal and prefer something that is a little bit more unique. After seeing the GS-F at the auto show, I really liked the styling enhancements over my F-Sport.
Old 12-17-15, 08:52 AM
bootman
Intermediate

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by jjscsix
You are assuming the H is selling at that price. I don't recall ever seeing a current generation GS Hybrid on the road, or for that matter on the dealers lot. And I don't miss much.

I have to assume that.
I went to the Lexus drivers site and in socal there are two listed for that price.
So I'm not making up the numbers just going by what Lexus is telling me.
Old 12-17-15, 02:37 PM
RNM GS3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 61 Likes on 45 Posts

Lexus presentation on GSF
- Sales Goal is 2000 units per year

http://www.autospies.com/news/2016-L...w-F-Car-87114/

Anyone know the lease program on the GSF?

Last edited by RNM GS3; 12-17-15 at 03:47 PM.
Old 12-18-15, 03:52 PM
rxonmymind
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats! I wish you many safe & reliable miles ahead
Keep us posted please on your impressions.

Quick Reply: 2016 GS F Product Information & Base Price $85,380 **