2016 GS F Product Information & Base Price $85,380 **

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-15, 08:39 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts
Exclamation

Originally Posted by NewSpace
Whoa whoa whoa - Does this mean that F's are arriving at dealerships?
He saw an F... RC F that is..

There are no GS F units for sale on the ground in the USA...!!

Joe Z
Old 11-13-15, 12:11 AM
rxonmymind
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by NewSpace
Whoa whoa whoa - Does this mean that F's are arriving at dealerships?
No. As Joe said this was the pocket rocket RC F. Sorry for the confusion in my post. Should have clarified that.
Old 11-13-15, 12:42 AM
rxonmymind
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Joe Z
He saw an F... RC F that is..

There are no GS F units for sale on the ground in the USA...!!

Joe Z
Ha! That's what you think.
Attached Thumbnails 2016 GS F Product Information & Base Price ,380 **-an225night-1-.jpg  
Old 11-13-15, 08:49 AM
JDMToyotas
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by s4play
$85k is a lot of "Lexus" money but in comparison to it's competitors it's WAY cheaper...however it's quite a bit slower too

CTS-V, E63 or M5 will all eat this car for lunch.

I saw an wrapped Orange one with some aero bits at SEMA 2015 and the car up close does look very nice. The question is will customers shell out nearly $100k for one after taxes?

I think for $50k range it's a really good argument but not at the current price tag. Would still love to drive one for comparison since I had a M5 for the long weekend and it was an amazing ride like a well tailored suit.

I hate bench seat racing. Normal driver cant even begin to access the full potential of any of these super sedan.

The M5, E63, CTS-V yes it wont win in a straight line but on a race track the GSF should be able to go toe to toe with them . Not to mention its lighter then both M5 and E63.

Also the GSF being lighter weight with an NA engine the engine performance will be more responsive and more immediate than the turbo units. It could be the most fun car to drive of the bunch. Also factor in the fact the GSF is more comfy for everyday driving, be more durable it starts to make alot of sense. If you just care about power and nth else then you wont want the GSF. Plus honestly... the difference is something like .5 seconds big deal at the end of the day all these sedans are much faster then we need them to be.

The GSF is well worth the price your getting a lot of kit, luxury, technology, racing parts, research/development and great build quality car. Im sure it feels every bit as good as the asking price.

Last edited by JDMToyotas; 11-13-15 at 08:56 AM.
Old 11-13-15, 11:09 AM
bocahoo
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JDMToyotas
I hate bench seat racing. Normal driver cant even begin to access the full potential of any of these super sedan.

The M5, E63, CTS-V yes it wont win in a straight line but on a race track the GSF should be able to go toe to toe with them . Not to mention its lighter then both M5 and E63.

Also the GSF being lighter weight with an NA engine the engine performance will be more responsive and more immediate than the turbo units. It could be the most fun car to drive of the bunch. Also factor in the fact the GSF is more comfy for everyday driving, be more durable it starts to make alot of sense. If you just care about power and nth else then you wont want the GSF. Plus honestly... the difference is something like .5 seconds big deal at the end of the day all these sedans are much faster then we need them to be.

The GSF is well worth the price your getting a lot of kit, luxury, technology, racing parts, research/development and great build quality car. Im sure it feels every bit as good as the asking price.
I think it all depends on what you're looking for. I wonder what percentage of GS-F owners, or E63 or CTS-V or M5 owners will ever take their car on a track. I'd bet the percentage is really low. I know I'll never track my car, and if I DID, it wouldn't be a 4 door sedan... I'd get something a little more purpose built for the task. What I do want is a car that handles reasonably well, is reliable, and delivers strong, effortless acceleration. My current GS delivers 2 of the 3. It just lacks power. My problem is that what I really want is a GS500 or GS350 turbo... basically my current GS but with a little more juice under the hood. So the GS-F is overkill for what I want. A 550i or Audi S6 fits my needs much better, and for a lower price they both deliver better performance in real world (non-track) driving conditions.

At ~$70K, the GS-F would be a strong consideration for me. At $85K+... a complete non starter I think. But I will give it test drive.
Old 11-13-15, 02:18 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

how many owners / shoppers in this segment actually cares about the true performance of the car? i would venture to say a lot of them buy it for the name, the badge, and the bragging rights.

you don't even have to go that far, even the m3 segment is like that for the most part.

at least to me, that is a problem
Old 11-13-15, 03:30 PM
jjscsix
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 51 Posts

I have to take issue with you. I had a 550 with the twin turbo. It had virtually no lag at all and makes incredible toque down low. I like N/A cars as much as anyone, and I'm sure it will be a fun car. But it will hold no advantage in responsiveness.
Old 11-14-15, 02:32 PM
Trek
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What the heck happened to Lexus? They've gone stupid. This car will not sell at 85K+. Guaranteed. Maybe this is Lexus' idea of a joke. The GSF is 150hp short of being worth 85K. As a 4GS owner, I can only shake my head at how laughable this is. It will be discontinued within 3 years. There won't be a second generation of the GSF. You can take that to the bank.

65K will get you a loaded Dodge Charger HELLCAT-- 707HP and 3.4, 0 to 60, and four doors and five seats to haul the family.

Last edited by Trek; 11-14-15 at 02:36 PM.
Old 11-14-15, 03:13 PM
yardie876
Lexus Champion

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by Trek
What the heck happened to Lexus? They've gone stupid. This car will not sell at 85K+. Guaranteed. Maybe this is Lexus' idea of a joke. The GSF is 150hp short of being worth 85K. As a 4GS owner, I can only shake my head at how laughable this is. It will be discontinued within 3 years. There won't be a second generation of the GSF. You can take that to the bank.

65K will get you a loaded Dodge Charger HELLCAT-- 707HP and 3.4, 0 to 60, and four doors and five seats to haul the family.
65k will get you just that, a Dodge lol. For someone not interested in hellacious (pun intended) 0-60 times and would rather a decently fast car with luxurious appointments AND reliability, this is the car for them. I think Lexus knows what they're doing by making this a somewhat limited production car. Although, 85k is a pretty penny, I wouldn't want the GS-F any other way but loaded so the price makes sense.
Old 11-14-15, 04:43 PM
rxonmymind
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by yardie876
65k will get you just that, a Dodge lol. For someone not interested in hellacious (pun intended) 0-60 times and would rather a decently fast car with luxurious appointments AND reliability, this is the car for them. I think Lexus knows what they're doing by making this a somewhat limited production car. Although, 85k is a pretty penny, I wouldn't want the GS-F any other way but loaded so the price makes sense.
Let me ask you this. If I recently saw a new 2015 RC-F go for 59K and was quoted at a dealership $63k where did the extra 25K go? That's $25,000 LARGE for two extra doors.
Break it down for me so I might understand where the extra $$$$$ went. Please don't give me the aesthetic or value argument as that's the norm for Lexus. Where is the extra hardware or other factors you can point to to justify this increase.
Old 11-14-15, 05:08 PM
MEAHT
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

You can Hellcat all the hell you want but what about the other 99% of the time when you're driving normally and not riding the throttle? I'd rather have a Lexus.

Let's see how long that Hellcat will last, how the handling is and how comfortable it is to sit inside.

No comparison.
Old 11-14-15, 09:05 PM
yardie876
Lexus Champion

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by rxonmymind
Let me ask you this. If I recently saw a new 2015 RC-F go for 59K and was quoted at a dealership $63k where did the extra 25K go? That's $25,000 LARGE for two extra doors.
Break it down for me so I might understand where the extra $$$$$ went. Please don't give me the aesthetic or value argument as that's the norm for Lexus. Where is the extra hardware or other factors you can point to to justify this increase.
I'm talking price before incentives and such. A loaded RC-F (carbon, TVD, ML, etc.) gets awfully close to 80k. So realistically, the GS-F is 5-7k more than the RC-F. Clearly not all RC-Fs are sold fully loaded so Lexus assuming everyone wants a fully loaded GS-F is an interesting move.
Old 11-14-15, 09:08 PM
rxonmymind
Lexus Test Driver

2015 GS exterior & interior dimensions
Width: 6 ft. 0.4 in. (72.4 in.)
Height: 4 ft. 9.3 in. (57.3 in.)
Length: 15 ft. 10.7 in. (190.7 in.)
Wheel Base: 9 ft. 4.2 in. (112.2 in.)
Interior Measurements
Front Head Room: 38.0 in.
Front Hip Room: 54.5 in.
Front Leg Room: 42.3 in.
Front Shoulder Room: 57.3 in.
Rear Hip Room: 54.1 in.
Rear Head Room: 37.8 in.
Rear Leg Room: 36.8 in.
Rear Shoulder Room: 55.7 in.

2016 GS-F

Width: 6 ft. 0.6 in. (72.6 in.)
Height: 4 ft. 8.7 in. (56.7 in.)
Length: 16 ft. 1.5 in. (193.5 in.)
Wheel Base: 9 ft. 4.2 in. (112.2 in.)
Interior Measurements
Front Head Room: 38.9 in.
Front Hip Room: 54.4 in.
Front Leg Room: 40.6 in.
Front Shoulder Room: 57.2 in.
Rear Hip Room: 54.2 in.
Rear Head Room: 37.8 in.
Rear Leg Room: 32.8 in.
Rear Shoulder Room: 55.7 in.

See any big difference? Aside from dropping a v8 & code from the RCF in there?
Just noticed they reduced the rear leg room by 4". It's 27.3" for the 2015 RCF which useless. Curious to see how anybody will fit in the back.

Last edited by rxonmymind; 11-15-15 at 08:44 AM.
Old 11-15-15, 06:39 AM
rxonmymind
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by yardie876
I'm talking price before incentives and such. A loaded RC-F (carbon, TVD, ML, etc.) gets awfully close to 80k. So realistically, the GS-F is 5-7k more than the RC-F. Clearly not all RC-Fs are sold fully loaded so Lexus assuming everyone wants a fully loaded GS-F is an interesting move.
Gotcha. Funny they aren't able to sell the "cheap" ones let alone a fully loaded one. They had a few you described along with a lot of in between with ML but that's it. They're just not moving.
I think this is the same case they had with the LFA. Great car blah, blah, but they struggled to sell them. I've yet to see Lexus make a car that fights above it's weight class. Every comparison seems to be either against the M3 but never the M5-6, Mercedes's S or AMG. Lexus doesn't have a car capable of that and even Mr.Toyoda said they aren't competing. Unfortunately in the real world it does.
We seem to always qualify Lexus with an * yeah but if you want quality interior, less repairs, etc but it's never
Lexus stomped on the M6! Boooya! It also only cost 80k!
Granted both the Germans & Italians have been at this a LONG time while Lexus is a relative teenager by comparison. So I'm a little to hard on them. They are coming on in depth by offering a better spread of cars. HP seems to be headed higher. If they manage to shoehorn a V8 into the LS and make a comparable car like the GSF then we're talking the fight to the M6. Let's do it to win at a cost point & driving dynamics. Is that possible?

Last edited by rxonmymind; 11-15-15 at 08:46 AM.
Old 11-15-15, 08:10 AM
RNM GS3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 62 Likes on 46 Posts

If Lexus really wants to have success in the "F" car segment - they NEED to have more PERFORMANCE than the M/AMG/RS/V cars and be PRICED LOWER!

These cars are nothing but bragging rights for most buyers.

I have a 2016 M3 on order that has MSRP of $75k - it offers MORE of everything compared to the GSF for $10k less. Plus you can't discount the aftermarket support and various events that involve the //M enthusiast community which helps to make the ownership experience even greater.

Quick Reply: 2016 GS F Product Information & Base Price $85,380 **