GS F (2016-present) Discussion topics related to the GS F model

2016 GS F Product Information & Base Price $85,380 **

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-15, 09:25 PM
RoiteTrom
Pole Position

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by T4Fun
so 25 grand more over a gs f sport with awd that goes 0-60 in about 5 seconds. That 0.5 second the gsf has over the gs f sport quite ludicrous..fu... u lexus...screwed it up again...
lol gs 350 f sport 0-60 is 5.6 seconds... so that's a second difference. A V8 engine plus torque vectoring differential and premium headlights as standard, the price seems fair.

https://lexusenthusiast.com/images/w...-f-chassis.jpg
Old 10-14-15, 09:25 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

i am not sure if i understand those who think a loaded gsf for 75k. given a loaded rcf is around that price it would be a wild dream to think a loaded gsf would be the same price. it doesn't make any sense. apple to apple i think it's not hard to see the gs has better materials and design than the m3 so why would it be the same price?

my issue is why lexus puts put a "base" gsf that's so loaded already and with a high base price. that doesn't leave choices for people

Originally Posted by 1111GS
They could but if they want to control the number of cars and still make profit the only way is to bring the price up. They will meet their quota
the way i put it actually doesn't make the gsf cheaper or more expensive, but the way the pricing is communicated to customers
Old 10-15-15, 12:01 AM
lawdoc79
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
i am not sure if i understand those who think a loaded gsf for 75k. given a loaded rcf is around that price it would be a wild dream to think a loaded gsf would be the same price. it doesn't make any sense. apple to apple i think it's not hard to see the gs has better materials and design than the m3 so why would it be the same price?

my issue is why lexus puts put a "base" gsf that's so loaded already and with a high base price. that doesn't leave choices for people

the way i put it actually doesn't make the gsf cheaper or more expensive, but the way the pricing is communicated to customers
In light of the performance figures and the fact that this is Lexus' only performance sedan, I believe people who will be considering this car will naturally shop it against other performance sedans; specifically the M3, ATS-V, C63AMG, and other like cars. As such, I think it's fair for people to assume or think that the GS-F would be similarly priced.

I love the standard GS' interior's design and materials but I cannot agree with you that it is superior to the M3. The jury is still out for me in that regard as I have yet to sit in a GS-F. However, I have sat in several M3s and would be perfectly happy with it. As for the exterior design, I think the M3 has the GS-F beat, hands down.

One has to wonder why Lexus did not give the GS-F a more powerful motor and save the RC-F motor for the IS-F. Perhaps, they knew they could not beat the Germans so they gave us a vehicle that is too weak to be compared to full size performance sedans like the M5, but too expensive to be compared to compact performance sedans like the M3? We will see if that was a good move by Lexus.

Hopefully the IS-F will not be a let down.
Old 10-15-15, 12:10 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts
Question

Originally Posted by lawdoc79

I'll be the first to tell you.... What IS F ???

Joe Z
Old 10-15-15, 12:44 AM
bigblack06

Received 321 Likes on 219 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe Z
Totally agree.. But the extra doors + Carbon Accents come at a hefty Premium...
Still have to add in $940 Destination bringing it to a minimum MSRP of $85,380
Rumors are the Orange Brembo Calipers & ML Sound System with be available as Extra Options..
Brembo Calipers will launch in Black as Standard..
~ Joe Z
Yeah Price is not the problem I expected this price and was hoping it wouldn't be over this. Lexus priced it perfect as it is still less than a Merc or BMW yes HP but thats a work in progress which I think Turbos will help with..... I hope!

Originally Posted by Im2bz2p345
Do you know if future plans for turbos are confirmed?

Would love to read more info on that if you can share some information.

Ty in advance,

~ Im2bz2p345
Yes there was an article either on Club Lexus or Lexus Enthusiasts stating the top engineers were saying they are doing away with naturally aspirated engines and going for turbos in the F models, I'll see if I can dig it up again.
Old 10-15-15, 12:50 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by lawdoc79
In light of the performance figures and the fact that this is Lexus' only performance sedan, I believe people who will be considering this car will naturally shop it against other performance sedans; specifically the M3, ATS-V, C63AMG, and other like cars. As such, I think it's fair for people to assume or think that the GS-F would be similarly priced.

I love the standard GS' interior's design and materials but I cannot agree with you that it is superior to the M3. The jury is still out for me in that regard as I have yet to sit in a GS-F. However, I have sat in several M3s and would be perfectly happy with it. As for the exterior design, I think the M3 has the GS-F beat, hands down.

One has to wonder why Lexus did not give the GS-F a more powerful motor and save the RC-F motor for the IS-F. Perhaps, they knew they could not beat the Germans so they gave us a vehicle that is too weak to be compared to full size performance sedans like the M5, but too expensive to be compared to compact performance sedans like the M3? We will see if that was a good move by Lexus.

lexus would have done a isf if they actually designed the car right to fit in the darn engine. just think about why lexus needs to use the gs front for the rcf. they claim they want a wider track, but technically you don't need a different front end for a wider track. so naturally go towards the direction of space.

for exterior, i think it's pretty clear that the gs is a class above. i have no problem with the m3 interior, and i have no problem with the IS interior. but the gs interior is better. significantly larger screen, more space both front and rear cabin, larger trunk. no matter how you slice it one is compact luxury one is midsize luxury.

i will agree though that lexus is making a very awkward case for themselves. with the engine setup they cut themselves short in going against m5 and e63. it's more in line with rcf on performance (goes without saying) so it's natural to be with the m3. however its size and relative class makes it somewhat a step above the m3. so that's why it's priced the way it is

just being a sedan and have similar performance is only part of the equation. if that makes ppl think the gsf should be priced the same as m3? i say it's fault on both sides -- lexus for making this car awkward in terms of class, and people day-dreaming too much about what they get.

another way to think about it. if a loaded gs450h cost freaking 72k (or 75k now with fsport? i forgot), how could anyone remotely expect the gsf to be priced essentially the same?
Old 10-15-15, 12:51 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by bigblack06
Yeah Price is not the problem I expected this price and was hoping it wouldn't be over this. Lexus priced it perfect as it is still less than a Merc or BMW yes HP but thats a work in progress which I think Turbos will help with..... I hope!

Yes there was an article either on Club Lexus or Lexus Enthusiasts stating the top engineers were saying they are doing away with naturally aspirated engines and going for turbos in the F models, I'll see if I can dig it up again.
a turbo gsf will be years away, so many things can happen until then

with this 467hp engine just making its way into the lexus lineup this year, i don't see lexus making a big change in the next 3 yrs.

https://www.clublexus.com/articles/f...-aspirated-v8/
Old 10-15-15, 03:07 AM
jjscsix
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by 95bat
Holy hell... $85,000 is way too much money for that car.
Could not agree more. I predict the car will be a huge flop at that price.
Old 10-15-15, 03:12 AM
jjscsix
Racer

Originally Posted by bigblack06

I'm not sure where you are getting that it is priced less than the others. You can't compare it's price to cars with 100 more horesepower and a long history of selling cars in that class. The natural competitors will be an Audi S6 and BMW 550 that are close in HP but kill it in torque and have all week drive.

Lets not forget that the "basic" version of this car is now being discounted well equipped as low as the high $40s right now.
Old 10-15-15, 04:37 AM
RNM GS3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 62 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl

My thinking is this:
RCF is M4 competitor that uses part of GS chassis
GSF is M3 competitor because it has same engine as RCF and not anything new was really engineered for it. So why am i gonna pay a premium of $10k? For a larger NAV screen and some better plastics - come on. Plus a regular GS is priced on the level of a 3 series anyway.

CTS-V, M5, E63, RS7 - none of these cars share engines with the lower models i.e. M3/4, C63, ATS-V, RS5 therefore they can ask for a large price premium.

Lexus has really no justification for pricing GSF higher than RCF, if anything it should be less as 4 door models are usually less expensive than the coupe versions.
Old 10-15-15, 04:50 AM
jjscsix
Racer

Originally Posted by RNM GS3
My thinking is this:
RCF is M4 competitor that uses part of GS chassis
GSF is M3 competitor because it has same engine as RCF and not anything new was really engineered for it. So why am i gonna pay a premium of $10k? For a larger NAV screen and some better plastics - come on. Plus a regular GS is priced on the level of a 3 series anyway.

CTS-V, M5, E63, RS7 - none of these cars share engines with the lower models i.e. M3/4, C63, ATS-V, RS5 therefore they can ask for a large price premium.

Lexus has really no justification for pricing GSF higher than RCF, if anything it should be less as 4 door models are usually less expensive than the coupe versions.
I agree with your logic. But at the end of the day I think the big problem is simply that Lexus is still considered a brand for blue haired ladies. People who want a high performance sedan are still going to be pulled in by one of three things. 1). Image and street cred. Germans win this one. 2) value. Dodge SRT and Hellcat win this one. 3). Huge horsepower at fair price. CTS-V wins this one. Which one does Lexus win?
Old 10-15-15, 04:59 AM
Diesel350
Lexus Champion

Received 74 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by MEAHT
I think well see a turbo'd V6 GS-F for 65k in a year or two
Yeah with only 310 HP LOL
Old 10-15-15, 05:10 AM
jtrue28
Lead Lap

Received 206 Likes on 140 Posts

Originally Posted by RNM GS3
But the GS is larger. Yes it has 4 doors, but let's be honest...the RC is what the IS-F used to be. And we all know how small the IS is, compared to the GS. If they ever make a GS-F coupe....lookout...that will approach $100K.

It's all Monopoly money these days.
Old 10-15-15, 06:26 AM
DaSyce
Instructor

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

I’m having trouble following the direction this thread is going.

The GS is always been a 5 series, E-Class and A6 competitor. When cross shopping cars, those who are looking at a 3 series would typically compare it to an IS.

GS-F seems more in-line with an Audi S6, comparing performance, cost and size. Lexus previously marketed the IS-F to compare to the old M3 Sedan.
Old 10-15-15, 07:19 AM
5PM
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I read the C&D piece on the GS F and several others. They all have the same underlying theme; the writers clearly don't understand what Lexus is doing with this car, but are trying to be nice about it. I don't think any of the writers believe Lexus can move 2000 cars/year in the US.

Quick Reply: 2016 GS F Product Information & Base Price $85,380 **