GS F (2016-present) Discussion topics related to the GS F model

Lexus debuts 2016 GS F

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-15, 01:12 PM
xinorin
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I feel like the GS F is the sedan version of the RC F but more upscale. The front looks like they took the RC F's front section and quad pipes and added in two extra doors. Kind of like how the the RC F was suppose to have a sedan version like the IS F? Also the GS F share the same engine with the same output numbers and near identical weight as well to the RC F. I don't know just my opinion :P
Old 01-06-15, 01:18 PM
redspencer
OG Member

Received 529 Likes on 314 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
btw, so who said the gsf is going to be lighter than the rcf? lol
The GS-F's listed curb weight of 4,034 lbs will be very similar to the curb weight of a RC-F equipped with the optional TVD (which is slightly north of 4,000 lbs). A recent Motor Trend review had the RC-F weighing in at 4,040 lbs.
Old 01-06-15, 01:23 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by redspencer
The GS-F's listed curb weight of 4,034 lbs will be very similar to the curb weight of a RC-F equipped with the optional TVD (which is slightly north of 4,000 lbs). A recent Motor Trend review had the RC-F weighing in at 4,040 lbs.
i never expected gsf to be lighter than the rcf, but i remember reading plenty of people saying the lighter gs350 would translate to lighter gsf than rcf
Old 01-06-15, 01:24 PM
J.P.
Boardroom Thug

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I will try to snap some pics if i stop in for industry day, I want to see it in person.
Old 01-06-15, 01:24 PM
redspencer
OG Member

Received 529 Likes on 314 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
i never expected gsf to be lighter than the rcf, but i remember reading plenty of people saying the lighter gs350 would translate to lighter gsf than rcf
It's pretty close! A big difference is that there's now two usable back seats.
Old 01-06-15, 01:40 PM
Levi68
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't understand how you guys expected anything more. Even with 600 PS and Turbo and par with rivals, it would not sell any more or steel M5/E AMG/RS6/CTS-V market. But it would costs Lexus more to build and increase business risk. Wait for next generation GS to get something equivalent to current German super-executive sedans.
Old 01-06-15, 01:49 PM
Infra
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Levi68
I don't understand how you guys expected anything more. Even with 600 PS and Turbo and par with rivals, it would not sell any more or steel M5/E AMG/RS6/CTS-V market. But it would costs Lexus more to build and increase business risk. Wait for next generation GS to get something equivalent to current German super-executive sedans.
I think the issue is calling it a GS F is a black eye for the F brand. It should have been an GS500 F Sport, like the CTS V-Sport uses the ATS-V's engine, so would the GS500 F Sport use the RC-F's engine.

They could have done an IS-F with the engine and people would be happy.

I think it'll sell, it just isn't on par with the competitor's branding, and so manifests the already-existing stereotype of Lexus "underperforming" their peers.
Old 01-06-15, 01:49 PM
obturator
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think at this level, it is more for brand image than sales, taking the F brand to the next level. This offering seems a step backward, given the long anticipation of this car. Toyota is the largest and most profitable car company in the world. I'm sure they'll be ok if the gsf is not a huge money maker. I'm sure the car is great, just not worthy of the F badge.
Old 01-06-15, 01:50 PM
IntegresS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by J.P.
I will try to snap some pics if i stop in for industry day, I want to see it in person.
Will you be at NAIAS Monday and Tuesday next week? Come say howdy, I'll be there.
Old 01-06-15, 02:03 PM
kyo7878
Pole Position

I was really hoping to see a 500+hp GS-F instead of a carry over from RC-F.....oh well~
I would love to swap the new tail light on my 13GS though
Old 01-06-15, 02:15 PM
J.P.
Boardroom Thug

Originally Posted by IntegresS
Will you be at NAIAS Monday and Tuesday next week? Come say howdy, I'll be there.
We have a couple invites, but I am sending different people. Tue, then Wed or Thur, and maybe Sat as we have some marketing stuff going on there as well. If I am down Tuesday I will hit you up.
Old 01-06-15, 02:56 PM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Some how the GS-F doesn't have the classic type look of a M ,AMG or even the S Line.
Looks like it's trying to hard and just not there.
Old 01-06-15, 02:58 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,126 Likes on 1,378 Posts

Originally Posted by ydooby
The problem is that Lexus is insulting its own F brand by allowing its new V8 model of the GS line, a car that is going to be no quicker than the competition's regular V8 models, i.e. the 550i, the E550 and the S6, to be labeled with an F.
i expect this gs-f to be a LOT quicker than a 550i, e550. don't know about S6 but probably that too. AND i believe it will handle a LOT better.

Originally Posted by J.P.
Maybe Lexus has another level planned, lets hope....
yeah, it's gonna be labeled FU

Originally Posted by mmarshall
Most people (except those that can actually afford one) probably won't want to know.

Originally Posted by GFerg
200 what? Per month? Per year?
wouldn't be surprised if per year. this will not be a huge seller, and wouldn't have sold any more with bigger hp.

Originally Posted by GSCT
I can understand some of the frustration in the posts as it isn't 500 hp +, but given what a fabulous car the GS 350 F sport is with only 306 hp, I have to believe the GS F with 467 hp is going to be nothing short of outstanding. If horsepower alone was the major condiderationl I never would have bought a GS in the first place!
post of the day.

Originally Posted by xinorin
I feel like the GS F is the sedan version of the RC F but more upscale.
about right. so if this gs-f 'sucks' to so many people here, what do they think about the rc-f? seems most here gush over that when it's the same drivetrain in a more cramped body style.

I don't understand how you guys expected anything more. Even with 600 PS and Turbo and par with rivals, it would not sell any more or steel M5/E AMG/RS6/CTS-V market. But it would costs Lexus more to build and increase business risk.
QFT.

Wait for next generation GS to get something equivalent to current German super-executive sedans.
could be a long wait.

Originally Posted by Infra
I think the issue is calling it a GS F is a black eye for the F brand.
really? so should the rc-f be the rc500 f-sport too?
Old 01-06-15, 03:10 PM
GTSLEX
Lead Lap

Car looks ok, but hp is embarrassing compared to competition.

Lexus, lets get some new high hp turbo motors ASAP! With BMW coming with B series motors and Mercedes doing the same Lexus is falling way behind. Its not like you guys can't build reliable turbo cars. Remember the 2JZ?
Old 01-06-15, 03:19 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
i expect this gs-f to be a LOT quicker than a 550i, e550. don't know about S6 but probably that too. AND i believe
really? so should the rc-f be the f-sport too?
You are totally confused, the RC F has MORE hp than the M4 it is competing against but is of course a few hundred pounds heavier, but performance is very close. The RC F is a deserving and bona fide M4 competitor, can't say the same for this GSF, it only closely competes with E550 AMG sport and 550i sport.
It's way better to shine against these cars as a GS500 F-Sport than to wear the GS F badge and be badly outgunned by the E63, M5 and the 640hp CTS-V.

This GS may possibly be more fun to drive to some, but in this class of cars it's way more than that, heck some may think even a miata is more fun than them all ...

Last edited by Gojirra99; 01-06-15 at 03:23 PM.

Quick Reply: Lexus debuts 2016 GS F