GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

2015 Lexus CPO GS350 deal

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-17, 01:36 PM
stlgrym3
Racer

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts
Default 2015 Lexus CPO GS350 deal

saw this 2015 CPO GS350 F-Sport at my local dealer the other day (in socal), black on black, with 17k miles, asking price $35k before tax and fees. is this a good deal? i'm pretty sure they'll knock down at least a grand if i push for it.

Last edited by stlgrym3; 02-24-17 at 01:40 PM.
Old 02-24-17, 02:40 PM
RA051823
Intermediate

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts

Try for a grand off like you said, all they can say is now. Sounds like a deal to me though!
Old 02-24-17, 03:04 PM
tinkley
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by stlgrym3
saw this 2015 CPO GS350 F-Sport at my local dealer the other day (in socal), black on black, with 17k miles, asking price $35k before tax and fees. is this a good deal? i'm pretty sure they'll knock down at least a grand if i push for it.
I'm in socal too and in the market for a '14/'15 GS 350 CPO and I've noticed that most of the dealerships here have the no haggle policy on CPOs. I've tried negotiating with not much luck but hey you may have more luck than me. 35k is a decent deal but if you can get a grand off than even better.
Old 02-24-17, 07:17 PM
snscnc
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are you referring to the one at Glendale Lexus? I saw two of them drop from 34.9 to 33.9, one with black interior and the other Cabernet. I did talk to a guy on the phone and they did say there is no negotiating at all. Hit them up and good luck!
Old 02-24-17, 09:10 PM
kamskeez
Pole Position

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

There's always some room for negotiating. Just depends on how much work you're willing to put in. There's not much mark up on CPOs though, so don't expect more than a grand off at max.

$35k seems to be average selling price right now for '15s.
Old 02-24-17, 09:47 PM
NetEditor
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For SoCal that seems like a typical deal, since there's more competition down there. In NorCal, that would be a good deal.
Old 02-24-17, 10:38 PM
shurik74
Advanced

Received 57 Likes on 47 Posts

I would recommend to get someone who is an expert about body work & paint to check out GS, low price CPO makes me thinking....

P.S. back 6 years ago I had a bad experience with CPO Acura, that prior had been in front end accident with full front end re-painted. I got a good deal too...
Old 02-25-17, 07:10 AM
MustangSal
Lead Lap

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

Options?

Old 02-25-17, 07:22 AM
jlin7
Rookie

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

I bought my 2014 with the same milage just couple months ago, also same color and in SoCal. Paid close to $37K (as advertised) before tax/fee. So if the car is in really good condition, then to me it's a good deal.

I tried to negotiate on the price for just a few hundred bucks. The sales person reacted as if it's the most ridiculous thing he's ever heard. He said their dealership is in the "Lexus Plus" program, so they advertised price to the lowest it can be to streamline the sale process,.
Old 02-25-17, 12:48 PM
kbig
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jlin7
I bought my 2014 with the same milage just couple months ago, also same color and in SoCal. Paid close to $37K (as advertised) before tax/fee. So if the car is in really good condition, then to me it's a good deal.

I tried to negotiate on the price for just a few hundred bucks. The sales person reacted as if it's the most ridiculous thing he's ever heard. He said their dealership is in the "Lexus Plus" program, so they advertised price to the lowest it can be to streamline the sale process,.
Sounds like a good deal. Definitely try to get a lower price. Anything is negotiable.

I'm in similar bat with jlin7. I bought a CPO 2014 earlier this month with under 14k miles for $36K before tax and fees. But listed price was $37K or $38K, (I forget, but I think it was 37. Anyway, I called the dealership prior to checking the car out and told them that I was not gonna pay their listing price. I made them guarantee on the phone that I was going to get a lower price when I arrive if it turns out that I like the car.
Turns out, I like the car, nebula gray pearl with cabernet interior.

Good luck
Old 02-25-17, 02:09 PM
Spideyman1
Rookie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by jlin7
....The sales person reacted as if it's the most ridiculous thing he's ever heard,.
I had a similar experience with my local dealer in MD. I offered about 2 grand under their 'no haggle' price, substantiated it with other dealer prices for similar vehicles. The saleswoman, took it personally, was like "I came in to show you the car on my day off!"....blah,blah.... Anyway, they did not lower the price one cent, and told me to see if those other cars I was comparing theirs to were in as good of condition as theirs. Well, the next day I did, then I checked their inventory on the main Lexus site, it showed the car with a roughly $1500 lower price. I then checked the local dealers website, car was not in their inventory, I called, they sold it. I guess the saleswoman knew she had another buyer, but what pissed me off was that I would have paid the lowered price! I these these dealers put a certain price in, then have preset lower price points that the website automatically lowers that price after a certain period of time. It was definitely the same car, and the price was lowered on the main Lexus website inventory.
Old 02-26-17, 06:41 PM
roblim
Pole Position

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

CPO prices are pretty firm in SoCal. You might get 200 bucks off. Whoopee. Non-CPO is of course a whole lot cheaper. Beverly Hills Lexus sells non-CPO cars which allows them to offer the car for 2-3k below other CPO cars. I learned that the dealership pays Lexus 2k to sell a car as CPO. But, they generally choose the best trade-ins for the CPO program. 2015 is a good year. You get the upgraded multimedia system and screen. Wish i had those on my 2014.
Old 02-26-17, 07:50 PM
jlin7
Rookie

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by roblim
...2015 is a good year. You get the upgraded multimedia system and screen. Wish i had those on my 2014.
Agree! When I was shopping for my GS couple months ago, I was looking for a 2015 CPO but at that time it was hard to locate one with the options and in the color that I wanted, so I end up with a 2014 instead. I could have found a 2015 right now if I had waited couple months.
Old 02-27-17, 08:32 AM
stlgrym3
Racer

Originally Posted by roblim
CPO prices are pretty firm in SoCal. You might get 200 bucks off. Whoopee. Non-CPO is of course a whole lot cheaper. Beverly Hills Lexus sells non-CPO cars which allows them to offer the car for 2-3k below other CPO cars. I learned that the dealership pays Lexus 2k to sell a car as CPO. But, they generally choose the best trade-ins for the CPO program. 2015 is a good year. You get the upgraded multimedia system and screen. Wish i had those on my 2014.
wow, good to know about the upgraded multimedia system from '15 to '14, i honestly did not know that. though i always thought '15 is a good year for used GS350 because '14 was the 1st year they put in the 8 speed auto, so '15 would be the perfect year since it's already been out for a year.
Old 02-27-17, 08:34 AM
stlgrym3
Racer

Originally Posted by snscnc
Are you referring to the one at Glendale Lexus? I saw two of them drop from 34.9 to 33.9, one with black interior and the other Cabernet. I did talk to a guy on the phone and they did say there is no negotiating at all. Hit them up and good luck!
yes it is Glendale. i'm also looking at a non f-sport black on black '15 GS350 with 16k miles from Longo, that is selling for $32,999

Quick Reply: 2015 Lexus CPO GS350 deal