GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Is this a good deal on an F-Sport?

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-17, 06:26 AM
OOOOOH
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is this a good deal on an F-Sport?

Hey everyone! Been on the hunt for an F-Sport for a little while now. Been talking with the dealer about this car and I'm on the verge of buying it. Does this sound like a good deal for a non-L*Certified car?

2013 Lexus GS 350 F-Sport AWD
Nebula Gray w/ Cabernet
Cold Weather Pkg.
1-owner, clean carfax
36,000 mi.
$28,500

Looking for feedback from all you experts out there! Thanks!
Old 02-21-17, 06:38 AM
JWBlakk
Lead Lap

Received 73 Likes on 51 Posts

Seems like a great deal to me! A lot depends on the area you live in and what's considered a good deal for that area. With the mileage and it being an
F Sport it seems to be legit. Does it have ML Audio and/or HUD? Is it CPO?
Old 02-21-17, 07:11 AM
OOOOOH
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by JWBlakk
Seems like a great deal to me! A lot depends on the area you live in and what's considered a good deal for that area. With the mileage and it being an
F Sport it seems to be legit. Does it have ML Audio and/or HUD? Is it CPO?
Thanks for the reply.

Doesn't have ML or HUD. It is not a CPO, but I think the price reflects that. Otherwise, I think this would be at least a $31K car... but I wanted to get other people's thoughts. Sometimes it is easy to convince yourself that a car is a good deal when you really want it.
Old 02-21-17, 08:32 AM
JWBlakk
Lead Lap

Received 73 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by OOOOOH
Thanks for the reply.

Doesn't have ML or HUD. It is not a CPO, but I think the price reflects that. Otherwise, I think this would be at least a $31K car... but I wanted to get other people's thoughts. Sometimes it is easy to convince yourself that a car is a good deal when you really want it.
Well many will tell you to go the CPO route but I couldn't find a CPO in my area that had the color combo and features I wanted so mine wasn't CPO and had excellent service history all through Lexus. Therefore, I took the risk, found the combo and options I wanted and saved some money in the process lol...no issues to date. I personally have to have ML but if you're not worried about that then I say test drive it, have either you or your mechanic do an extensive check on it, and if all feels right...pull the trigger! Seems like a good deal and as long as there is a good carfax and history, these are very reliable cars.
The following users liked this post:
OOOOOH (02-21-17)
Old 02-21-17, 08:45 AM
DJP333
Driver

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Based on a 500 mile search on cargurus.com, the price is pretty competitive and the mileage is low. Also, it being AWD, cold weather, F Sport with the Nebula/Cab color combo makes it a very rare find right now. If the car looks like it has been well maintained, accident free, and you are looking for those features and color combo scoop that bad boy up!!! As mentioned above, if you can do without the ML, go for it, before someone else does.
Old 02-21-17, 08:53 AM
OOOOOH
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by DJP333
Based on a 500 mile search on cargurus.com, the price is pretty competitive and the mileage is low. Also, it being AWD, cold weather, F Sport with the Nebula/Cab color combo makes it a very rare find right now. If the car looks like it has been well maintained, accident free, and you are looking for those features and color combo scoop that bad boy up!!! As mentioned above, if you can do without the ML, go for it, before someone else does.
Yeah, non-ML is not a deal breaker for me at all. But I LOVE the Cabernet interior and definitely require AWD & cold weather pkg. I think if I pass on this one in order to try and save a little money, I will still end up with a car that has more miles and maybe not much cheaper. I'm guessing the change from winter to spring will start to drive up prices a little bit (here in the Northeast).

Thanks! I think I'm going to pull the trigger if PPI goes well and everything checks out like I think it will!
Old 02-21-17, 08:58 AM
DJP333
Driver

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by OOOOOH
Yeah, non-ML is not a deal breaker for me at all. But I LOVE the Cabernet interior and definitely require AWD & cold weather pkg. I think if I pass on this one in order to try and save a little money, I will still end up with a car that has more miles and maybe not much cheaper. I'm guessing the change from winter to spring will start to drive up prices a little bit (here in the Northeast).

Thanks! I think I'm going to pull the trigger if PPI goes well and everything checks out like I think it will!
I pulled the trigger about a year before I was suppose to because I came across the perfect package and color combo, and now I am glad I did, it's not worth it to save a little bit of money if you have found the combo you are dreaming about. I also have the Nebula/Cab color combo and it's become really rare to find that now. By the way, I love the color combo more and more each day, am totally smitten with the Cabernet interior (which was a big change from my last black on black IS350).
Old 02-21-17, 09:41 AM
Spideyman1
Rookie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I think is a good deal. That was the color combo I wanted. Good luck!
Old 02-21-17, 05:52 PM
eXtremeoak
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any update? Did you pull the trigger?
Old 02-21-17, 06:06 PM
dano
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

That's a good price. Look at it this way, you can purchase a world class sports sedan for the price of a run of the mill Camry or Accord.
Old 02-21-17, 09:22 PM
kamskeez
Pole Position

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

Solid price. Definitely get it checked out by a mechanic. But if all looks well then do it!