GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Ready to Pull Trigger on Wheel/Tire Package

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-17, 08:40 AM
Onpoint
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Ready to Pull Trigger on Wheel/Tire Package

After countless hrs reading the many reviews/suggestions here on the CL forum (absolute best), I'm ready to step out this spring with a new set of Wheels/Tires (20' Vossen VF series) for my 4Gen GS350 F Sport AWD. I would prefer to purchase complete package at once - mounted/balanced, TPS, lugs, etc, and ready to go. Thus, it would seem that going on-line would be the way to go. I have reviewed many sites of which some offer great overall packages, tech support, insight, etc. However with this being a significant investment, and wanted to get it correct right out the box, I would like to ensure whomever I select is reputable. Thus I reach out to the CL community for some recommendations based upon past experience.

Thanks and appreciate your feedback
Old 02-09-17, 08:52 AM
DJP333
Driver

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Have you tried looking at carid.com? Looks like they give you the entire package.

https://www.carid.com/vossen-wheels/
The following users liked this post:
Onpoint (02-09-17)
Old 02-09-17, 09:15 AM
bjnzzzle
Rookie

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

tirerack.com has winter tire & wheel package. I purchased a set of winter tire and wheel from them 2 months ago. They will mount and balance, come with lug nuts, center ring, except the tpms, you have to buy it
Onpoint (02-09-17)
Old 02-09-17, 12:07 PM
kamskeez
Pole Position

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

Elementwheels.com is great is well.

However, I also recommend going to a local reputable wheel shop and getting an estimate. Not just a small tire shop, but an actual performance wheel shop. Nowadays, many compete closely with online prices. They could transfer over and rebuild your factory TPMS sensors into your new wheels, saving you some money there. They usually give you a warranty on install as well so you can go back if something goes wrong with the balancing/mounting. It's always nice dealing with someone in person with a large purchase.
Onpoint (02-09-17)
Old 02-09-17, 12:29 PM
yardie876
Lexus Champion

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts

I would suggest contacting someone over at vossenwheels.com. They will recommend a shop close to you. I went that route and was linked up with an excellent shop 15 minutes from home. Still go there for my tire/brake work. Everything was included in the install and they were able to transfer the existing TPMS over to the new wheels.
Onpoint (02-09-17)
Old 02-11-17, 08:29 AM
shurik74
Advanced

Received 57 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by yardie876
I would suggest contacting someone over at vossenwheels.com. They will recommend a shop close to you. I went that route and was linked up with an excellent shop 15 minutes from home. Still go there for my tire/brake work. Everything was included in the install and they were able to transfer the existing TPMS over to the new wheels.
I went the same route... "America'sTires" was authorized dealer for Vossens in my area, good service! Also, I would recommend to get warranty/road hazard package...
Onpoint (02-11-17)
Old 02-11-17, 08:35 AM
e60bmw
Instructor

Received 114 Likes on 100 Posts

I've heard good things about Vibe motorsports. I almost purchased a set of stance wheels for my other car, I will probably get some tailor made stance wheels for my GS eventually. What specs are you going with on the AWD, are you going to go staggered?
Onpoint (02-11-17)
Old 02-11-17, 09:04 AM
Onpoint
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by e60bmw
I've heard good things about Vibe motorsports. I almost purchased a set of stance wheels for my other car, I will probably get some tailor made stance wheels for my GS eventually. What specs are you going with on the AWD, are you going to go staggered?
I thinking of going 20x9 square around - not sure of the offset (will inquire about that when in process of purchase. I want to target a deep concave look, with the tires pushed out toward the fenders, but not too excessive - clean. I had contemplated going staggered however that eliminates the ability to rotate tires, which would shorten tire life due to wear. Although the staggered look/stance is so sweet.

Thank you and everyone for the feedback... The most enjoyable part of the process is also the most difficult - which is searching & making a final decision. Just checking out everyone's set here on the forum, I must have changed my mind 20. - 25 times. Thus, if I don't soon pull the trigger, I'll continue to search, then realize its mid-summer and not have new shoes....
Old 02-11-17, 10:11 AM
e60bmw
Instructor

Received 114 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by Onpoint
I thinking of going 20x9 square around - not sure of the offset (will inquire about that when in process of purchase. I want to target a deep concave look, with the tires pushed out toward the fenders, but not too excessive - clean. I had contemplated going staggered however that eliminates the ability to rotate tires, which would shorten tire life due to wear. Although the staggered look/stance is so sweet.

Thank you and everyone for the feedback... The most enjoyable part of the process is also the most difficult - which is searching & making a final decision. Just checking out everyone's set here on the forum, I must have changed my mind 20. - 25 times. Thus, if I don't soon pull the trigger, I'll continue to search, then realize its mid-summer and not have new shoes....
These would look pretty sweet, heres a site in case you decide to change your mind again. Rose gold and black on these looks pretty sick imo
http://www.stancewheels.com/wheels/r...-polish-bronze
Onpoint (02-11-17)
Old 02-11-17, 06:16 PM
Onpoint
Driver School Candidate

Those do like nice, I''ve got a LP, and leaning towards - gloss gunmetal... was thinking about possible chrome/silver type wheel, but want to flow a little less bling.