GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

2017 GS 350 F-Sport Lease Deal? Need help!

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-17, 08:36 PM
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 2017 GS 350 F-Sport Lease Deal? Need help!

Hi, I am looking lease a 2017 GS 350 F-Sport this weekend and wondering what lease deal others got.

I was offered $580 /month, 3 year, 2.9 apr, with 9k down on a MSRP $58,970. It seem high to me, what's your thoughts?

Last edited by 415; 01-19-17 at 08:44 PM.
Old 01-20-17, 05:53 AM
CTNYC
Rookie

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

How many miles per year?

$9k cash down on a lease and getting $580? Did I understand that right? If so, that is incredibly absurd.

Do some research on how leases work.

Pieces of a lease:
MSRP - Fixed
Selling Price - Negotiable
Selling fees (doc fees, bank fees, etc) - Generally fixed
Total Cap Cost = Selling price + fees
Net cap cost = Total cap cost - any initial payment you make
Money Factor (MF) or APR - If financing through LFS, they give dealerships rates, but dealers are allowed to mark this up for extra profit.
Multiple Security Deposits (MSD) - Not sure if Lexus offers this, but this is a security deposit to lower the MF in exchange for a certain number of monthly payments in advance as a security deposit, which you get back at lease end.

General rule of thumb: don't put down any money down on a lease. In the event the car is totaled/stolen, you will almost always lose your down payment - If you simply have higher payments, you simply stop making payments once the insurance company writes the car off and sends the check -- GAP insurance covers the underwater portion of your lease.

I suggest looking at edmunds lease forums in order to get what the current incentives and MF LFS has going. Also LeaseHackr is a good resource for calculating payment. Always get these nitty gritty numbers from a dealership -- They know that most consumers don't know how leases really work, and take advantage of that by sneaking all sorts of things into a deal and just presenting the customer with the resulting payment with a bow on top.
Old 01-20-17, 06:31 AM
57Strat777
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Those number you provided indicates a total cost of $30,000 in down payment and payments to drive that car for 3 years.

I would bet you can find a brand new 2016 GS350 F Sport for around $10K to $13K off MSRP. I am not aware of any difference between the 2016 and 2017.

Lets assume you buy a 2016 for $49K out the door price. Drive it for 3 years and sell it for about $30K. You just saved $11K over what you would spend on the lease.
Old 01-20-17, 09:07 AM
Driver School Candidate

12k per year

Originally Posted by CTNYC
How many miles per year?

$9k cash down on a lease and getting $580? Did I understand that right? If so, that is incredibly absurd.

Do some research on how leases work.

Pieces of a lease:
MSRP - Fixed
Selling Price - Negotiable
Selling fees (doc fees, bank fees, etc) - Generally fixed
Total Cap Cost = Selling price + fees
Net cap cost = Total cap cost - any initial payment you make
Money Factor (MF) or APR - If financing through LFS, they give dealerships rates, but dealers are allowed to mark this up for extra profit.
Multiple Security Deposits (MSD) - Not sure if Lexus offers this, but this is a security deposit to lower the MF in exchange for a certain number of monthly payments in advance as a security deposit, which you get back at lease end.

General rule of thumb: don't put down any money down on a lease. In the event the car is totaled/stolen, you will almost always lose your down payment - If you simply have higher payments, you simply stop making payments once the insurance company writes the car off and sends the check -- GAP insurance covers the underwater portion of your lease.

I suggest looking at edmunds lease forums in order to get what the current incentives and MF LFS has going. Also LeaseHackr is a good resource for calculating payment. Always get these nitty gritty numbers from a dealership -- They know that most consumers don't know how leases really work, and take advantage of that by sneaking all sorts of things into a deal and just presenting the customer with the resulting payment with a bow on top.
Old 01-20-17, 09:46 AM
Wincer94
Pit Crew

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts

OP where are you located in CA? About 3 weeks ago I was able to get a 2016 GS350 F Sport from a dealer in Los Angeles area for less than $49,000 out the door (MSRP about: $58,500). Went to my credit union and got 1.49%. No down and monthly is about $935 with GAP for 54 months.
Old 01-20-17, 12:16 PM
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Wincer94
OP where are you located in CA? About 3 weeks ago I was able to get a 2016 GS350 F Sport from a dealer in Los Angeles area for less than $49,000 out the door (MSRP about: $58,500). Went to my credit union and got 1.49%. No down and monthly is about $935 with GAP for 54 months.
San Francisco
Old 01-20-17, 01:26 PM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Received 223 Likes on 178 Posts

Originally Posted by 415
San Francisco
Depending on your credit, you should get a much better deal than that, especially in CA...with excellent credit, it should be closer to $0 down and in the high $500s to mid $600s for a 36 month lease and 12K miles for a 2017MY with that MSRP.

The GS is one of the most unpopular models and they discount it heavily in CA due to heavy competition from many dealers.

Last edited by dchar; 01-20-17 at 01:32 PM.
Old 01-20-17, 02:32 PM
CTNYC
Rookie

Originally Posted by dchar
Depending on your credit, you should get a much better deal than that, especially in CA...with excellent credit, it should be closer to $0 down and in the high $500s to mid $600s for a 36 month lease and 12K miles for a 2017MY with that MSRP.

The GS is one of the most unpopular models and they discount it heavily in CA due to heavy competition from many dealers.
I agree, OP could probably get roughly $550-$650 w/ almost $0 down (aside from first month payment and whatnot)... Unless the $9k down is a result of another issue (ie. $9k negative equity on trade in), but OP didn't mention anything.

Definitely bring in another dealership or two into the mix - try going through their internet sales department. I'd even suggest cross shopping different markets (like Seattle, Portland, SoCal) and having the car shipped to you if the SF dealerships aren't budging. The 2017 GS isn't a new or hot model, no reason for the total lease cost to be that high
Old 01-20-17, 02:57 PM
Driver School Candidate

Thanks everyone, I will try another dealership tonight.
Old 01-20-17, 04:13 PM
Infamous3
Lead Lap

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by dchar

Don't think you could get one with $0 down at all
Old 01-20-17, 06:42 PM
jtrue28
Lead Lap

Received 206 Likes on 140 Posts

California is different. Every low lease payment we see on here, the owner lives in CA.
Old 01-21-17, 08:51 AM
CTNYC
Rookie

Originally Posted by Infamous3
Don't think you could get one with $0 down at all
Depends on how the deal is structured - Usually the dealership wants you to do at least first month payment and license/registration fees upfront. Dealerships shouldn't have an issue with rolling all other costs (taxes, inception fees, doc fees, etc) into the "selling price" of the car, so that you're paying for it over time.

$0 due at signing isn't uncommon either, but usually that is more typical when the manufacturer offers it, or the dealership does some creative math so that they pay everything for you, and then add the extra costs into the net cap cost of the car.
Old 01-21-17, 03:21 PM
Chavez562
Intermediate

Received 73 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by 415
Hi, I am looking lease a 2017 GS 350 F-Sport this weekend and wondering what lease deal others got.

I was offered $580 /month, 3 year, 2.9 apr, with 9k down on a MSRP $58,970. It seem high to me, what's your thoughts?
my monthly is similar to that went only $5k down...3 yr/45k miles
best of luck tho...maybe shop around...
Old 01-21-17, 07:42 PM
jjscsix
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 51 Posts

I got a lease quote from a dealer I've done business with before. I deal direct with the sales manager and he gets right to the bottom line with me. Here in Texas, no money down, 2017 with ML and HUD (about $62k MSRP) three years and 15,000 per year was a hair over $900 a month. He was upfront and told me to wait, they have no good lease deals right now. BTW, that was with very little sales tax due to the value of my trade. I think it would have been possible to push it down to high 800s, but he was pretty close to the bottom.
Old 01-22-17, 12:22 AM
Dallasguy1
Instructor

Received 56 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by jjscsix
I got a lease quote from a dealer I've done business with before. I deal direct with the sales manager and he gets right to the bottom line with me. Here in Texas, no money down, 2017 with ML and HUD (about $62k MSRP) three years and 15,000 per year was a hair over $900 a month. He was upfront and told me to wait, they have no good lease deals right now. BTW, that was with very little sales tax due to the value of my trade. I think it would have been possible to push it down to high 800s, but he was pretty close to the bottom.
There are no Gud deals in Texas at the moment I actually was in touch with one of the managers at the dealers and he got real upset when I told him the price one of the guys at the forum got and he said it's impossible anywhere in the USA at that time there was no point arguing. Btw he didn't know anything about this Lexus forum lol.

Quick Reply: 2017 GS 350 F-Sport Lease Deal? Need help!