GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Chrome Delete - 2016 GS F Sport

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-17, 10:26 AM
Chavez562
Intermediate

Received 73 Likes on 61 Posts
Default Chrome Delete - 2016 GS F Sport

Hey everyone! Today my chrome delete will be completed! Pretty excited! I have a black paint with a flake in it, not to sure what that factory color is referred to as, but my chrome delete will be substituted with carbon fiber wrap. Real good friend of mine does custom car work. In addition, he's going to place a tint overlay on the emblem on the front grille to tone down the chrome emblem. Only bit of chrome not being carbon fiber wrapped is the muffler tips. At the end of the month I have fix the scratches on my bumper that I received when some idiot hit my car...so at that time we'll paint the chrome muffler tips the same color as the car. Getting everything done and ready for my black vinyl wrap that we'll be doing. As soon as today's job is complete, I'll be sure to post the pictures. Finally got my carbon fiber license plate finished. If anyone has done chrome delete on their GS, please post, looking to see other progress shots!
Old 01-15-17, 05:23 PM
phins2rt
Pole Position

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

Good luck!!!!!!
Old 01-15-17, 06:32 PM
Chavez562
Intermediate

Originally Posted by phins2rt
Good luck!!!!!!
thanks man...I'll post pix tomorrow so I can wash it lol...
Old 01-15-17, 11:48 PM
djkidd
Pit Crew

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Chavez562: Are you from so cal? If so, perhaps you can also provide the info of who you are getting your work done from. I've been playing around with the idea of doing chrome delete on my car using vinyl (currently have some stuff done with plasti-dip but it doesn't wear well). Looking forward to seeing your pics!
Old 01-25-17, 02:19 PM
Chavez562
Intermediate

Sorry for the delays guys.... here are some pix...comments are are appreciated...(forgive me the car is a bit dirty from SoCal rain)

Went with a carbon fiber wrap...the back bumper exhaust tips are yet to be done because of a deep scratch, making me fix and re paint the bumper...will paint them in a few weeks...
Old 01-25-17, 03:02 PM
e60bmw
Instructor

Received 114 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by Chavez562
Sorry for the delays guys.... here are some pix...comments are are appreciated...(forgive me the car is a bit dirty from SoCal rain)

Went with a carbon fiber wrap...the back bumper exhaust tips are yet to be done because of a deep scratch, making me fix and re paint the bumper...will paint them in a few weeks...
Dude this looks MINT! I'm getting my black GS350 tonight and one of my first mods will be blackout. What brand carbon fiber wrap is that for the part under the lexus logo? I was planning on plastidipping all of my trim with my sprayer, and doing a gloss topcoat over it. Love how you did the carbon fiber on that portion too. I'll probably spray my tips too, I'll have to see how it looks.
Old 01-25-17, 08:03 PM
Chavez562
Intermediate

Originally Posted by e60bmw
Dude this looks MINT! I'm getting my black GS350 tonight and one of my first mods will be blackout. What brand carbon fiber wrap is that for the part under the lexus logo? I was planning on plastidipping all of my trim with my sprayer, and doing a gloss topcoat over it. Love how you did the carbon fiber on that portion too. I'll probably spray my tips too, I'll have to see how it looks.
what up brother! Thanks for the compliments! Appreciate that. To be honest I don't know what the brand is. My buddy does custom car work and I'm not quite sure what he used. All my chrome trim was substituted with the carbon fiber wrap. The chrome badges are plastidip...congrats on the new car! I can't wait to see what you do! Keep me in the loop, I'd love to see your custom mods!

Last edited by Chavez562; 01-25-17 at 08:09 PM.
Old 01-25-17, 08:14 PM
badbwoy007
Driver

Received 23 Likes on 12 Posts

Looks good. I've considered deleting the chrome on the front grille but I'll wait until summer before doing any mods.
Old 01-25-17, 08:16 PM
Chavez562
Intermediate

Originally Posted by badbwoy007
Looks good. I've considered deleting the chrome on the front grille but I'll wait until summer before doing any mods.
thanks man I appreciate it. That's pretty cool, what else you got in mind?
Old 01-25-17, 08:31 PM
badbwoy007
Driver

thanks man I appreciate it. That's pretty cool, what else you got in mind?
I have some NF210's for the drop and some Silver Vossen CVT off my old IS that I'm thinking about powder coating something close to the Vossen Graphite.

Then I'll also add a roof spoiler and that may be it. I also need to get a Nav/Video bypass so I can have video while in motion.

That's about it for now.
Old 01-25-17, 08:43 PM
Chavez562
Intermediate

I have some NF210's for the drop and some Silver Vossen CVT off my old IS that I'm thinking about powder coating something close to the Vossen Graphite.

Then I'll also add a roof spoiler and that may be it. I also need to get a Nav/Video bypass so I can have video while in motion.

That's about it for now.
sounds great bro! When u find that bypass let me know asap!! I can't wait to see your mods!
Old 01-25-17, 08:44 PM
Dallasguy1
Instructor

Received 56 Likes on 51 Posts

That's about it for now.
Did u wrap the trunk lip in carbon fiber ? I'm thinking to do it but wondering how is it gonna look like.
Old 01-25-17, 08:51 PM
badbwoy007
Driver

sounds great bro! When u find that bypass let me know asap!! I can't wait to see your mods!
There's a VAIS ULM-81 and a Beat-Sonic NDS6223EP bypass. Not sure which one I'm going to get yet.

Check this thread for more info on the whole video display on the nav screen.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-3rd-gen-2014-present/764030-a-v-input-instructions.html
Old 01-25-17, 08:56 PM
Chavez562
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Dallasguy1
Did u wrap the trunk lip in carbon fiber ? I'm thinking to do it but wondering how is it gonna look like.
im thinking of wrapping the whole car and also doing the carbon fiber wrap on that but not too sure how I feel about it yet...
Old 01-25-17, 08:57 PM
Chavez562
Intermediate

There's a VAIS ULM-81 and a Beat-Sonic NDS6223EP bypass. Not sure which one I'm going to get yet.

Check this thread for more info on the whole video display on the nav screen.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...tructions.html
oh damn! Awesome...thank you!!! I'll eventually get to that. Cosmetically I'm focusing on exterior for now but that's something I want to eventually get to.

Quick Reply: Chrome Delete - 2016 GS F Sport