GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

DMV: Did someone just trade in their 2014 GS 350 F-Sport to Alexandria Volkswagen??

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-17, 12:46 PM
grayson73
Pole Position

Received 17 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by djrabbi
These F sport AWD are flying off the shelves in our area. I had Lexus willing to buy out my lease to put me into a new one. I might consider it but I don't know yet. I have only 17K on the car
That's why I searched nationwide and had one shipped to me
Old 01-17-17, 01:58 PM
Spideyman1
Rookie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

These F sport AWD are flying off the shelves in our area. I had Lexus willing to buy out my lease to put me into a new one. I might consider it but I don't know yet. I have only 17K on the car
I can confirm that in this area (MD,). I looked at (3) GS350 AWD F Sports in a 1 week period and all sold before I had time to make a decision. That was 2nd-3rd week of December, I am sure the Lexus ads on TV helped fuel those sales. As soon as I missed out on an F Sport at a local dealer, another one came in and sold within days. I had a retail buyer for my old car, so I made a quick decision, no regrets though.
Old 01-17-17, 02:04 PM
djrabbi
Lead Lap

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

I am planning on giving in my F Sport AWD for a RX F Sport for the wifey in a few days. Look out for it at Alexandria (Lindsay Lexus)
Old 01-17-17, 10:35 PM
DP03
Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by locdawgg
http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...delCode1=GS350

Someone give me some insight on this one? Carfax says "It hit a moveable object" The car looks good throughout its life after wards, service history done properly at dealerships....but then all of a sudden it went to auction. what does that mean exactly?
It just means the dealership decided to sell the car. They buy and sell at auctions all the time. Doesn't mean anything's wrong with the car.
Old 01-18-17, 05:38 AM
locdawgg
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am planning on giving in my F Sport AWD for a RX F Sport for the wifey in a few days. Look out for it at Alexandria (Lindsay Lexus)

More information on the car??? Maybe we can work something out before you trade it in?
Old 01-18-17, 05:48 AM
pqn628
Pole Position

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

I would suggest you read some of the RX350 threads before trading it in. I have a 2015 GS350 F sport and a 2016 RX350. The RX is a great SUV minus the drone and vibration issue. The GS is a much quieter car than the RX.
Old 01-18-17, 05:52 AM
locdawgg
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by DP03
It just means the dealership decided to sell the car. They buy and sell at auctions all the time. Doesn't mean anything's wrong with the car.
What does "hit a moveable object" mean exactly, this is the first time im seeing this on any carfax. Usually it describes the accident
Old 01-18-17, 08:00 AM
TOON703
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I drove it. ( Looking to buy an F sport..)

I test drove it last week. It seemed solid, but when I got back to the dealership I noticed the back bumper was repainted ( not the best job) and the sensors were cracked. That was an automatic "NO" from me. I will be looking for a CPO.
Old 01-18-17, 11:56 AM
CTNYC
Rookie

To OP: I live in Arlington and I just purchased my GS350 non F-Sport in late November. The DMV area's GS pricing is pretty high - I looked at Pohanka, Lindsay, among a few others in the area. I'd suggest looking at cars in the NYC tri-state (NY/NJ/CT). I saved roughly $4 to $5k probably by buying in CT over VA (I was only looking at CPO though, and mine was on their lot for a while, so it was priced aggressively)

pretty well equipped CPO'd GS350 AWD (has BSM, Premium pkg, etc - $56,578 MSRP) with 33k miles (all new Michelin tires, new front brake pads/resurfaced rotors) for $29k. Paid $32175 with a 5 year extension of the Lexus CPO warranty (I'm covered 8 years/unlimited miles now). OTD with VA taxes, doc fees, and whatnot - right around $34,300.

I purchased from Lexus of Greenwich (Same dealership group with Lexus of Mt. Kisco in NY). Looks like they have a 2014 F-Sport w/ 32k miles for $32k, 2013 F-Sport w/ 40k miles for $28.6k. http://lexusofgreenwich.com/inventor...ount=10&page=1 Note that they list inventory from both their dealerships in Greenwich and Mt. Kisco on each others' website, so make sure you know which one they are at. If you want my salesman's info, shoot me a PM - He was very good to work with.
Old 01-18-17, 12:59 PM
grayson73
Pole Position

Received 17 Likes on 7 Posts

I too had a car shipped from New York. Albany to be exact. 27.2k for the one in my sig, 51k miles. It wasn't CPO.
Old 01-18-17, 04:29 PM
locdawgg
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by TOON703
I test drove it last week. It seemed solid, but when I got back to the dealership I noticed the back bumper was repainted ( not the best job) and the sensors were cracked. That was an automatic "NO" from me. I will be looking for a CPO.

Yeah, i went late at night to test drive the car. I noticed that the car was hit, the rear bumper didnt line up properly and the bad paint job. If you opened the trunk, it didnt close properly either. But i didnt noticed the sensors were cracked! Good find. It was probably too dark for me to see.
Old 01-20-17, 07:20 PM
k0kong
Pit Crew

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

I too bought my car from NYC. Got my 2013 gs350 AWD (blindspot, cold weather, premium) for 26.9k w. 29k miles on it. Came out to about 29k after taxes.
Old 01-20-17, 09:45 PM
jaymk
Pit Crew

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Dealerships buy a lot of cars at auction including the Lexus dealerships so I don't think it is feasible to say that the cars that are sold at the auction are not worthy of selling at their lots. Auctions sells thousand of cars. They also have CR means condition report ranging from 1 to 5. I had the chance to attend the physical auction as well as online and I have seen the Lexus dealerships bidding very hard and not letting the cars go and in the process increasing the bidding to the maximum.
My friends had the same belief that the Lexus dealerships don't buy their cars at auction, so I took screen shot of them bidding and showed them and they were shocked too.
It is a market place with good cars and bad cars. It serves a wide range of people, selling salvage to prime cars. I would not hesitate to buy an auction car as they are basically the same cars that the dealerships have on their lots.
Just do the homework and research. If there is a little doubt, move on as that is not the only car left. There is a better one right around the corner waiting.
Thank You.
Old 01-21-17, 08:47 AM
CTNYC
Rookie

Originally Posted by jaymk
Dealerships buy a lot of cars at auction including the Lexus dealerships so I don't think it is feasible to say that the cars that are sold at the auction are not worthy of selling at their lots. Auctions sells thousand of cars. They also have CR means condition report ranging from 1 to 5. I had the chance to attend the physical auction as well as online and I have seen the Lexus dealerships bidding very hard and not letting the cars go and in the process increasing the bidding to the maximum.
My friends had the same belief that the Lexus dealerships don't buy their cars at auction, so I took screen shot of them bidding and showed them and they were shocked too.
It is a market place with good cars and bad cars. It serves a wide range of people, selling salvage to prime cars. I would not hesitate to buy an auction car as they are basically the same cars that the dealerships have on their lots.
Just do the homework and research. If there is a little doubt, move on as that is not the only car left. There is a better one right around the corner waiting.
Thank You.
Very True - Also depends on the dealership group. The one where I bought my car prides itself in only selling preowned cars that they personally took as a lease turn in or trade in. Really doesn't make a huge difference - Some dealerships will have an easier time selling a particular model or color combo than others.

As for Lexus's that are lease turn ins, my understanding is that the dealership that takes in that particular car has "first dibs" and if they don't want it for whatever reason, other dealerships in the area have an opportunity to bid on or buy the car, then Toyota dealerships, before the car is sent to a general auction.
Old 01-22-17, 12:16 PM
TOON703
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by locdawgg
Yeah, i went late at night to test drive the car. I noticed that the car was hit, the rear bumper didnt line up properly and the bad paint job. If you opened the trunk, it didnt close properly either. But i didnt noticed the sensors were cracked! Good find. It was probably too dark for me to see.
Yea, clean car other than that. But Like most guys have been saying, I will be traveling somewhere else when I buy.

Quick Reply: DMV: Did someone just trade in their 2014 GS 350 F-Sport to Alexandria Volkswagen??