GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Who here has a Lexus GS Premium?

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-17, 03:33 PM
Sevn86
Pole Position

Received 84 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by bclexus
The GS 350 Base model almost always includes the Navigation Package, and most GS 350 models also include the Premium Package (noted below), plus the four commonly added individual options of Blind Spot Monitor, Intuitive Park Assist, 18" Wheels and Accessory Package.

The Premium Package adds:
Rain-sensing Wipers
Heated and Ventilated Front Seats
Power Rear Sunshade

Commonly added individual options (along with the Premium Package):
Blind Spot Monitor
Intuitive Park Assist
18" Wheels
Accessory Package (Trunk Mat & Net, Wheel Locks & Rear Bumper Applique)
I have a 2013 GS350 Base with Premium package. It has everything that BClexus mentioned above. I don't feel like I made a mistake buying it but it would have been nice to get the F sport I had gone in to get originally. That GS was fully loaded.Then I also think to myself that with the money I saved by purchasing the premium version I was able to mod the car to my liking. What I really liked about the F sport was the front bumper. Last week I ordered one and had a body shop paint it for me so I could do the front end conversion.
Old 01-05-17, 04:25 PM
06ls430KTC
Intermediate

Received 67 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by JDR76
According to the 2016 GS Product Information sheet, the LED fog lights are included in the Luxury Package.

http://pressroom.lexus.com/releases/...specs.download

But the 2016 GS brochure, does not list them as part of the package, so I have no idea...
my window sticker didn't list them either.
Old 01-05-17, 10:22 PM
joedaddy1
Racer

Received 177 Likes on 138 Posts

man.. you people complaining about your lack of options... look, i don't even have heated seats in BOSTON of all places.. do i regret my purchase? yes. 2 more years to go on the lease.. the killer lease price had me blinded.. now i freeze my butt off each winter morning... i am semi-tempted to lease a GS-F

i think most cars over $20k have heated seats vs none on my $50k lexus..
Old 01-06-17, 04:01 AM
06ls430KTC
Intermediate

Received 67 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by joedaddy1
man.. you people complaining about your lack of options... look, i don't even have heated seats in BOSTON of all places.. do i regret my purchase? yes. 2 more years to go on the lease.. the killer lease price had me blinded.. now i freeze my butt off each winter morning... i am semi-tempted to lease a GS-F

i think most cars over $20k have heated seats vs none on my $50k lexus..
NO complaints from me! I LOVE my car and all the options I have...........which are many
Old 01-06-17, 05:31 AM
Patrick4GS
Rookie

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

A base model GS doesn't have heated seats?
Old 01-06-17, 05:56 AM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,603 Likes on 1,021 Posts

Originally Posted by Patrick4GS
A base model GS doesn't have heated seats?
Nope. You have to get the premium package.
Old 01-06-17, 07:52 AM
dat dude
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by kmm
the first time you jump into your car on a hot SoCal day, you would wonder what the hell were you thinking buying a wood wheel...
Haha trust me, even here in Canada during the summer I wonder why I did. But I love the way it looks!
Old 01-06-17, 07:54 AM
dat dude
Pole Position

Originally Posted by bclexus
The GS 350 Base model almost always includes the Navigation Package, and most GS 350 models also include the Premium Package (noted below), plus the four commonly added individual options of Blind Spot Monitor, Intuitive Park Assist, 18" Wheels and Accessory Package.

The Premium Package adds:
Rain-sensing Wipers
Heated and Ventilated Front Seats
Power Rear Sunshade

Commonly added individual options (along with the Premium Package):
Blind Spot Monitor
Intuitive Park Assist
18" Wheels
Accessory Package (Trunk Mat & Net, Wheel Locks & Rear Bumper Applique)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Less commonly added package/option:
Cold Weather Package
Mark Levinson Sound System

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rarely added options:
Pre-Collision System
Dynamic Radar Cruise Control
Lane Keep Assist
Heads-up Display
Lexus Night View System (Discontinued)
Here in Canada (at least) we do not have the option to pick and choose from what I gather. Everything is put into an option package for us. Kind of a take it, or leave it kind of thing.
Old 01-06-17, 07:55 AM
dat dude
Pole Position

Originally Posted by AJLex19
I have a base/premium AWD GS350 with the Premium/Cold Weather packages and enjoy it. My primary reason for purchasing was feelin' cramped in my previous IS which I owned for about a year before getting into a GS.

I had an opportunity to get a silver F-Sport or a Black Lux model (even test drove both of them). Cost was a big factor for me as well - at the time they wanted a very "premium" price for an F-Sport or Lux. I wasn't a fan of the interior of the F-Sport with the aluminum trim - the Lux interior was very nice and the Front seats were amazingly comfy in my opinion.

But, with the money I saved, i added my own personal touches/mods to make the car the way I wanted it. I have no regrets but it seems like you may settled for something other than what you truly wanted...
Yes you're right to a point, with all my other cars they are all fairly tech loaded (with the exception of the AM), so to a point I am used to having a "loaded" car so to speak.
Old 01-06-17, 09:29 AM
mikesd1980
Pit Crew

Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts

I guess i have a premium GS. Being this is my first Lexus I didnt know much about them on, only the regular and F sport. I didnt want the F sport cause i wanted my car to have fog lights and didnt know it could be added aftermarket, and wanted a 2014 for power folding mirrors... My premium have cold weather package, heated/cooled seats and thought it was loaded. A year later I'm still happy with the car. I guess I'm easy to please lol.
Old 04-07-17, 12:07 PM
MisterT800
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wish I could upgrade to add the 18-way power front driver seats (includes power mid-back, side bolsters, thigh support, four-way lumbar).
Old 04-07-17, 01:17 PM
UDel
Lexus Fanatic

Received 296 Likes on 223 Posts

Originally Posted by dat dude
I think I made a mistake with the GS I purchased, I kind of feel like my GS is rather "base" since my car is the Premium level. Having said that I feel like not too many people opt for the lowest level package on the GS, can anyone prove me wrong? Who here has one, and do you enjoy it (enough features/tech)?
I have seen several used bare bones GS350 without even heated seats, there are more people then you think who get the very basic model and it is funny at some of the prices they are going for. I still can not believe they made and sold such a basic version of a car as expensive as the GS without heated seats and so poorly equipped.

Premium is pretty well equipped, luxury is extremely rare and hard to find because it was such a expensive package.
Old 04-07-17, 01:27 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,046 Likes on 661 Posts

I used to have the GS with Premium package before I traded it in for the FSport. Almost all of the base model GS are equipped with the Premium package here.
Old 05-11-23, 03:22 PM
psledoux
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2016 GS 350 Sport

Originally Posted by AJLex19
I believe the non-F sport Lux and Base model '16 and '17 GS's have a small chrome strip at either end of the front bumper...No fog lights. I believe non-US versions of the GS get OEM fogs:

https://youtu.be/N8SkPM7gzUw
I have a 2016 GS350 Sport tha has fog lights on it. I checked with Westside Lexus and they tell me that the 2016 - 2020 do not have fog lights. I need to know how to replace the fog light bulbs. One is yellow and one is white. Does anyone have any advice for me?
Old 05-11-23, 05:42 PM
JUTMSS32
Driver

Received 39 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by psledoux
I have a 2016 GS350 Sport tha has fog lights on it. I checked with Westside Lexus and they tell me that the 2016 - 2020 do not have fog lights. I need to know how to replace the fog light bulbs. One is yellow and one is white. Does anyone have any advice for me?
They're probably aftermarket, but the process of changing the bulbs should be the same. Pull back the front of the wheel well liner and reach in to get at the bulbs. You'll need to remove 2 or 3 clips and possibly a screw, (Haven't done it in a while, don't exactly remember) to be able to pull back the front side of the well enough to get in there. Turning your wheel inward on the side you are working on will give you extra room. It's a pretty simple job.

Edit: I found a video showing how to get in there...

Last edited by JUTMSS32; 05-11-23 at 05:48 PM.