GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

wiring diagram where is the relay for door panel light or footwell lights

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-16, 06:00 AM
khizr23
Pit Crew

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Default wiring diagram where is the relay for door panel light or footwell lights

i tried all the fuses are good so i am thinking the relay is bad need to figure out which relay does anybody have a wire diagram for a 2014 lexus gs350 f sport
Old 12-28-16, 01:48 PM
lamikela1
Intermediate

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

There are no relays for this lighting. Since they are LEDs they connect directly to the Door ECU in the car. Be careful if you plan to tap into this as you could destroy the ECU if you try to connect a device that pulls too much current. LEDs need very little power to operate.
Old 12-28-16, 02:25 PM
mjeds
Lexus Champion

Received 188 Likes on 145 Posts

yeah no relays.. the ECU sends multiple voltages throughout the car for various devices.

are your lights out?
Old 12-29-16, 05:58 AM
khizr23
Pit Crew

Look if I take my tester and touch the door for ground and I check the black wire my tester is telling i have power and when I touch the red wire the door sills lights and the door sills its working once i touch the red with ground so the ground is bad how do I fix a bad ground?

I basically tried to run some light in the car and i tried tappin in to the door sills but i guess it overload and messed up the ground so both sills not working and foot lights i guess they work together and i checked all the fuse everything is good but once i touch ground to the red wire on the sill everything works like normal
Old 12-29-16, 08:49 AM
mjeds
Lexus Champion

Received 188 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by khizr23
Look if I take my tester and touch the door for ground and I check the black wire my tester is telling i have power and when I touch the red wire the door sills lights and the door sills its working once i touch the red with ground so the ground is bad how do I fix a bad ground?

I basically tried to run some light in the car and i tried tappin in to the door sills but i guess it overload and messed up the ground so both sills not working and foot lights i guess they work together and i checked all the fuse everything is good but once i touch ground to the red wire on the sill everything works like normal
I can't directly speak for you car, but seeing as my RC-F and my wife's Camry are the same I suspect this might be common on Toyota/Lexus. on both cars behind the driver side kick panel (the panel under the dash in front of the door) there is a ground block where literally all the interior ground points meet. ground your new lights there, and use the power from the door sills. That should fix your issue.

typically BLACK=Ground and RED=hot.

now remember door sill lights and interior lights that turn on/off when the door opens are ALWAYS HOT, they work by connecting/disconnecting the ground. When the door is closed the "button" is open so the lights go off, when the door is opened the "button" is closed (ground circuit completed) so the lights go on. The door light switch is an open ground, it is only closed when the door is closed. So it is backwards of how you normally think.

So if you are trying to ground these lights on the door sills, you won't have any ground as long as the door is open. make sense?

use the ground block behind the kick panel for an always closed ground circuit.

Last edited by mjeds; 12-29-16 at 08:56 AM.
Old 12-29-16, 09:08 AM
khizr23
Pit Crew

do you have wire diagram for that by chance ?
Old 12-29-16, 09:26 AM
lamikela1
Intermediate

Those lamps all have +12v on them and are controlled by the main body ECU FSPT circuit. If you PM me with a valid email address I'll provide the diagram. I cannot post this on the forum.
Old 12-29-16, 09:34 AM
khizr23
Pit Crew

khizr23 @ gmail.com
Old 12-29-16, 09:35 AM
khizr23
Pit Crew

khizr23@gmail.com
Old 12-29-16, 11:23 AM
lamikela1
Intermediate

Just sent it.
Old 12-29-16, 12:21 PM
khizr23
Pit Crew

check your email i send you somthing
Old 04-03-22, 11:29 AM
basic96
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

having kinda same issue could i get this diagram too? Arm-bas@hotmail.com thank you

Originally Posted by lamikela1
Those lamps all have +12v on them and are controlled by the main body ECU FSPT circuit. If you PM me with a valid email address I'll provide the diagram. I cannot post this on the forum.
Old 02-28-23, 10:32 AM
cishida
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lamikela1
Hey brotha i hope you can help me out.

I am having a similar situation,

so i accidentally crossed the ambient light wires from ground line to positive on the passenger side, it then cut the light on the driver side.
So now both driver and passenger side has no light.

I tested the harness voltage prior to reassembly i got just under 9v dc.
after the crossed line incident i tested the harness and i was getting .02v

i checked all fuses, none were bad. Now i am worried i damaged the ecu ...

do you have any insight or tips?

i really appreciate any advise.
Old 02-28-23, 11:24 AM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,994 Likes on 1,417 Posts

Keep in mind that lights for the doors or trunk timeout after about 20 minutes, so consider this in your troubleshooting analysis.
Old 02-28-23, 02:33 PM
basic96
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i have had mange issiues with lightning in the gs bucause i added s lot and did som stupid mistakes snd lukicly my dad i a god when it comew to fixing everything and i take apart the kar and do the wired nice and tuck. So your ambient lights are not wrokign then i need som infor for upu, you said it was front doors the thing with this car i took long time learning everything. But easy put ambient lights and door handle lights are controlled by mpx under the dash left side. And doors have their own mpx module easy fix to take them out just take of the negeatvie from battery pegause of the unplugs and rccomend getting a good elektro guy to take a look at it. For me startet it with the mox under dash rhe controll all footweel lighst so one day i cut them off same time rookie mistake i know that but was accidental, and the problem there as 2 very smal komponents that neede to be replaced and soldier it back on. Ik this case fuse was okey and the lighst were working but they had so little light coming through them and it worked.
second was a paint in the nut to figgure out, i i added new ambient lights to the doors an needed to feed 5 cables thru and in the car(**** job) and when i try to start it up everything went to **** from there i could not lock/unlock my car or trunk like literally dead when not power is on then it works. Found a blown fuse for mpx and put new in and heqdlighwasher squirted in my face and now the csr was on all the time instead of dead but still could not lock the cas and so on and pcs system fail abs fail many lighst came on. So i took it out until i found the problem it happend on my last door i took and thought the problem was there so we messurred and found out one cabel had ground somewhere and it as by a sharp plug wth chassis squissing it. So because i wanted to steal power from front to back that lead to mpx in front door maybe left for your issue. Take it out and will probably find and issue there. Right a way could see the 2 burned componenets. Could be diffrent part for you but i would have that checkd out.

Originally Posted by cishida
Hey brotha i hope you can help me out.

I am having a similar situation,

so i accidentally crossed the ambient light wires from ground line to positive on the passenger side, it then cut the light on the driver side.
So now both driver and passenger side has no light.

I tested the harness voltage prior to reassembly i got just under 9v dc.
after the crossed line incident i tested the harness and i was getting .02v

i checked all fuses, none were bad. Now i am worried i damaged the ecu ...

do you have any insight or tips?

i really appreciate any advise.

Quick Reply: wiring diagram where is the relay for door panel light or footwell lights