GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Modellista Lip Non F Sport

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-16, 12:04 PM
acnup00tl
Advanced

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Modellista Lip Non F Sport

Where can I purchase the Modellista front lip for my Non F Sport Gs? I went to buy it from Nigel Jdm , and noticed the shipping was 350$. I just can't wrap my head around paying that much for shipping . Who else sells the lip?
Old 12-23-16, 01:50 PM
GS350Dat
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

vipautosalon is the last place I've seen a modellista kit!
Old 12-23-16, 05:04 PM
acnup00tl
Advanced

Thanks!!! I did not check there for the lip.. I'm starting to think this lip is not very popular as I've only seen it on one GS. I should of just bought a F Sport , and had my choice of lips 😕😕
Old 12-23-16, 07:59 PM
Sevn86
Pole Position

Received 84 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by acnup00tl
Thanks!!! I did not check there for the lip.. I'm starting to think this lip is not very popular as I've only seen it on one GS. I should of just bought a F Sport , and had my choice of lips ����
I wish I bought the F Sport as well. Since I didn't I'm currently having a body shop paint me my f sport bumper so I can do the conversion. Should have it back and mounted in a few days.
Old 12-24-16, 12:18 PM
acnup00tl
Advanced

Originally Posted by Sevn86
I wish I bought the F Sport as well. Since I didn't I'm currently having a body shop paint me my f sport bumper so I can do the conversion. Should have it back and mounted in a few days.

Is the F Sport bumper the same as the Non F Sport ? I would assume there is more work involved in it than it just being a simple Swap... Anxious to see what yours looks like with the conversion..
The following users liked this post:
Chavez562 (12-24-16)
Old 12-24-16, 02:38 PM
Chavez562
Intermediate

Received 73 Likes on 61 Posts

$350?!? Holy *****!!!
Old 12-24-16, 02:51 PM
AJLex19
Lead Lap

Received 1,134 Likes on 841 Posts

Is the F Sport bumper the same as the Non F Sport ? I would assume there is more work involved in it than it just being a simple Swap... Anxious to see what yours looks like with the conversion..
The bumpers are different in shape but I believe the overall fitment to the front-end of the GS is the same for both bumper types. Folks have done the swap on some Lux model GS's with the standard bumper, to get the F-Sport look bumper with their Base/Luxury package GS. Swapping the bumper will also mean getting new f-sport mesh top/bottom grille (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...arts-list.html)

Check out this conversion of standard bumper to F-Sport by fellow member mypartsman: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...onversion.html

@Sevn86: Please post pics when you get your new bumper

Last edited by AJLex19; 12-24-16 at 02:57 PM.
Old 12-24-16, 02:54 PM
acnup00tl
Advanced

Originally Posted by Chavez562
$350?!? Holy *****!!!

I said the same thing.. I have no problem with the 800 for the lip ,and even the 150$ to paint it, but 350$ for shipping is just mind boggling. I only paid 800$ to have a car shipped from Miami to Ohio.
Old 12-24-16, 03:22 PM
Chavez562
Intermediate

Received 73 Likes on 61 Posts

There's a lot of really cool people on here who can help you! I've only been in forum for about a month or so...and a lot of extremely helpful people...try Lexon bro...
Old 12-25-16, 12:58 PM
acnup00tl
Advanced

Originally Posted by AJLex19
The bumpers are different in shape but I believe the overall fitment to the front-end of the GS is the same for both bumper types. Folks have done the swap on some Lux model GS's with the standard bumper, to get the F-Sport look bumper with their Base/Luxury package GS. Swapping the bumper will also mean getting new f-sport mesh top/bottom grille (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...arts-list.html)

Check out this conversion of standard bumper to F-Sport by fellow member mypartsman: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...onversion.html

@Sevn86: Please post pics when you get your new bumper
This gives me something to think about!! It seems like a little to much work for me... I think I may just have to get the lip and pay 350$ for shipping.
Old 12-25-16, 03:03 PM
AJLex19
Lead Lap

Received 1,134 Likes on 841 Posts

This gives me something to think about!! It seems like a little to much work for me... I think I may just have to get the lip and pay 350$ for shipping.
I remember another member had used an eBay lip that was specifically designed for the f-sport front bumper but made it work with his non-F sport bumper...https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...rt-bumper.html
Old 12-26-16, 07:23 PM
acnup00tl
Advanced

Originally Posted by AJLex19
I remember another member had used an eBay lip that was specifically designed for the f-sport front bumper but made it work with his non-F sport bumper...https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...rt-bumper.html

I wish I could say I like that , it just doesn't look like it flows very well .. I should of just bought the F Sport
Old 12-27-16, 11:59 AM
jjashaa
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

you have to remember that an item like this is pretty large when you fit it into a rectangular box and since this item is also a japan only item... it doesn't help. Regular EMS air freight costs is about $350 for something of this size... I paid $300 to ship my Modellista side skirts from Japan but I also made the package worth the cost by adding in a set of visors in the box and this was with EMS air freight.
Old 12-28-16, 01:49 PM
acnup00tl
Advanced

Originally Posted by jjashaa
you have to remember that an item like this is pretty large when you fit it into a rectangular box and since this item is also a japan only item... it doesn't help. Regular EMS air freight costs is about $350 for something of this size... I paid $300 to ship my Modellista side skirts from Japan but I also made the package worth the cost by adding in a set of visors in the box and this was with EMS air freight.

I hear what you are saying, but any vendor who deals in JDM parts probably buys in bulk , and gets everything sent at once a couple times a year... I guarantee it wouldn't cost more than 150$ tops to mail the lip from Cali... I'm sure even if I emailed Nigel for a better deal he would tell me to get lost as I'm sure he's read this post, so I probably put my foot in my mouth.
Old 12-30-16, 07:19 AM
JWBlakk
Lead Lap

Received 73 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by Sevn86
I agree and am also now doing the F Sport conversion (bumper being painted as we speak). The F Sport conversion is not that expensive and you could even get a knock-off lip afterwards and still pay less than a good non F Sport lip alone from what I've seen! Best of luck on the conversion!

Quick Reply: Modellista Lip Non F Sport