GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Best coil overs for 2017 gs

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-16, 07:00 AM
naquin123
Pit Crew

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Best coil overs for 2017 gs

Im in search of a good set of coil overs for my new 2017 gs350. I have a 2014 with BC racing coilovers but not to happy with them. Ive had BC on all my other cars and loved them. Any opinions and suggestions would be greatly appreciated thanks.
Old 12-07-16, 08:52 AM
bob4256
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

The reason you may not like them is because the default spring rate on the BCs are only 8k/8k. Im slammed on BCs with this spring rate and I dont have an issue, but then again I am also used to a harsh ride since Im so low. I would suggest ordering them with the optional swift springs
Old 12-07-16, 08:57 AM
bigblack06

Received 321 Likes on 219 Posts

Ok I will say the best to worst ones, RS-R is by far the best coil-overs you can own they have a good life span with most members and the best part is they have a good customer service which is key for any replacements. BC is ok some members have purchased them and had some noises and some have had great stories about them, they are also very good with customer service and they ship things out quickly. Tein makes some good coilovers as well but not many memebers have purchased them. I also believe Megan makes a set for the GS as well and they are ok as well but the top two I would stick with. The worst I must say is J5 they had a good concept but I think most members have had issues with them and the customer service is non-existent, and the shipping takes a bit to get here since its based in Korea. Hope this helps, if you need more detail let me know.

BC coil-overs have the availability to change the spring rate.
The following users liked this post:
peteharvey (10-02-22)
Old 12-07-16, 10:51 AM
JM Auto Racing
Sponsor

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by naquin123
Im in search of a good set of coil overs for my new 2017 gs350. I have a 2014 with BC racing coilovers but not to happy with them. Ive had BC on all my other cars and loved them. Any opinions and suggestions would be greatly appreciated thanks.
PM Sent.

8/8 on the spring rates for BC COilovers is too soft for the GS. We can bump those up to say a 10/10 or 12/12 at no extra charge.
1-855-998-8726
DystinctGS (05-30-17)
Old 12-07-16, 10:59 AM
homeboyv
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by bigblack06
Ok I will say the best to worst ones, RS-R is by far the best coil-overs you can own they have a good life span with most members and the best part is they have a good customer service which is key for any replacements. BC is ok some members have purchased them and had some noises and some have had great stories about them, they are also very good with customer service and they ship things out quickly. Tein makes some good coilovers as well but not many memebers have purchased them. I also believe Megan makes a set for the GS as well and they are ok as well but the top two I would stick with. The worst I must say is J5 they had a good concept but I think most members have had issues with them and the customer service is non-existent, and the shipping takes a bit to get here since its based in Korea. Hope this helps, if you need more detail let me know.

Agreed, I've been super happy with the RSR coilovers. 36 way dampening settings is pretty damn nice.
Old 12-07-16, 05:34 PM
endo022
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes, the J5s are garbage
Old 05-30-17, 10:26 AM
DystinctGS
Driver School Candidate

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

I've been searching for what the ideal spring rates would be. I see most people are matching front and rears, I was wondering if it would make sense to run 12k front and 10k rears?
Old 05-30-17, 09:09 PM
Twidge
Pole Position

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

I've got tein flex coilovers and so far im pretty happy with them. haven't had any issues with them yet. my spring rates are 8k front/12k rear pretty smooth.
Neil64 (10-03-22)
Old 05-31-17, 05:18 AM
DystinctGS
Driver School Candidate

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks for sharing. Shouldn't the front rates be higher than the rears?
Old 05-31-17, 06:00 AM
Boomin
Racer

Received 399 Likes on 242 Posts

What's a typical life's span lets say for the rsr's, and what goes first, the strut part or spring?
Old 10-01-22, 05:43 PM
firelikeiy
Intermediate

Received 55 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by Boomin
What's a typical life's span lets say for the rsr's, and what goes first, the strut part or spring?
Im just bumping this question. Anyone have experience with how long RSR coilovers last? I believe Tein states theirs are good for 35k miles.
Old 10-02-22, 10:59 AM
SBPhoto
Pit Crew

Received 167 Likes on 66 Posts

RSR !! I tried two other brands before and hated them. RSR is firm enough for me but still compliant to daily drive on full stiff. No strange noises. I have the AVS compatible and it all works seamlessly.
Old 10-02-22, 01:35 PM
peteharvey
Lead Lap

Received 449 Likes on 294 Posts

Originally Posted by bigblack06

Best summary in a nutshell.
Old 10-02-22, 02:35 PM
maclem8223
Pit Crew

Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by SBPhoto
RSR !! I tried two other brands before and hated them. RSR is firm enough for me but still compliant to daily drive on full stiff. No strange noises. I have the AVS compatible and it all works seamlessly.
Same. I've had mine for about 25-30k miles now. No issues what so ever, love'em.
Old 10-02-22, 08:06 PM
SBPhoto
Pit Crew

Received 167 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by maclem8223
Same. I've had mine for about 25-30k miles now. No issues what so ever, love'em.
Great to hear it! They really met my need for great handling and comfortable enough for every day driving.

Quick Reply: Best coil overs for 2017 gs