GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

2015 GS350 F-Sport AWD Lowering Springs & Tower Strut Bar Compatibility

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-16, 11:35 AM
duraiaras
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2015 GS350 F-Sport AWD Lowering Springs & Tower Strut Bar Compatibility

I posted this on Suspension thread and I'm not sure if many people view that thread so I'm posting here hoping to get an answer.
Moderators.. Excuse me for a duplicate post.

Couple of issues with compatibility and fitment:

Lowering Springs
Called a few places RS-R, Stillen, CarID and emailed few sellers in eBay to check the compatibility and finally bought RS-R T176D lowering springs.
Took it to the shop to install and the tech called me back saying this wont fit and I need T171D. Tech said he called RS-R and verified T171D is the right part.
I'm confused now what part to use. The shop says this tech is the best in the shop to install lowering springs and I also know this is the best shop in the area which does these kind of jobs.
I browsed this forum so many times before I purchased this. I would appreciate anyone you has done this for 2015 F-Sport AWD to confirm the part #.

Tower Strut Bar
Also, I bought tower strut bar Tanabe TTB170F and the driver side mount just wont align with the suspension bolts. Shop says we have to put the car on lift, remove the suspension and there could be some ply to put it on or they could do a very slight modification to the mount hole and get it in. Just can't seem to put it when the car is parked as in instruction manual.
Old 11-20-16, 02:18 PM
duraiaras
Rookie

Had the same shop install the RS-R Down Springs a week ago and after driving a tank of gas took it for an alignment at the dealer and everything is green. Also installed tower strut bar. I could immd see the difference as I walked to the car that it's lower. Sitting and holding the steering also made a big difference. Handling is also much better which feels very controlled. Ride quality is compromised a little bit that I could feel when going over the ice crystals on the road.

However, there's one issue. There is a clunk or creek noise coming from the rear occasionally. I have some pictures that I took after parking the car on a ramp.

Here are some pics from underneath after I parked on the ramp.

does the boot look o.k.?
does this look right? passenger side.

After this install I tried couple times lifting the car from the rear using jack and as it is being lifted I could hear the creaking noise.

Should I have the shop redo the rear?

Thank you all.
Old 03-13-17, 09:08 PM
GrandSedanFan
Instructor

Received 224 Likes on 156 Posts

Did you ever figure this out? The spring doesn't look properly seated in the perch. My Mustang rear springs sit in a similar perch and they're coiled flat so that the load is even.

Also, how does the car sit now? Are the wheel gaps still even? Every other AWD I see appears to be reverse raked, with the rear tire sitting closer to the fender than the front fender. I hate that.
Old 03-20-17, 01:52 PM
duraiaras
Rookie

The wheel gaps are even. No noise now. Sits pretty even and no raking because this is not Super down springs. It's almost 5 months now and I can tell the ride quality is compromised on city streets with pot holes but drives and handles great on a freeway and wonderful cornering.