GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Are there many Luxury Package cars out there?

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-16, 05:05 AM
Dave144239
Instructor

Received 205 Likes on 156 Posts
Default Are there many Luxury Package cars out there?

I've been keeping an eye on GS 350 listings, and I've only seen a couple of Luxury Package cars for sale (countrywide). I haven't seen one in person yet, but I think I'd really like the semi-aniline leather upgrade. Does anyone here have it, and what do you think of the leather? Is it noticeably better than the standard leather?
Old 10-18-16, 05:49 AM
spoogenet
Lead Lap

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

Have it, love it. Honestly I think the whole semi-aniline thing is more marketing than technical. The other differences about the Lux really stand out, such as the fantastic front seats and adaptive front lighting.

My experience searching is not all of them list the Luxury Package, so pay attention to the wood steering wheel as an easy give-away that it has the package. Good luck!
Old 10-18-16, 06:10 AM
mrpink13
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yes the leather is nice. its actually leather. nu luxe is vinyl. it looks, feels and smells horrible. its an embarrassment to the brand. dont see many lux packages out there if any. the stereo is amazing and the look and feel compared to a base model is really noticeable.
Old 10-18-16, 06:11 AM
jjscsix
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 51 Posts

We had one that we traded earlier this year and we loved the leather. In fact the GX 460 we got has it also. The GS Luxury has a number of great features. The seats are awesome and the dynamic, three mode suspension is nice to have. There are several other nice features as I'm sure you know.
Old 10-18-16, 06:12 AM
Dave144239
Instructor

Originally Posted by spoogenet
Have it, love it. Honestly I think the whole semi-aniline thing is more marketing than technical. The other differences about the Lux really stand out, such as the fantastic front seats and adaptive front lighting.

My experience searching is not all of them list the Luxury Package, so pay attention to the wood steering wheel as an easy give-away that it has the package. Good luck!
Thanks. Yes, the 18-way seat is appealing, and I did figure out to look for either the wood steering wheel or the extra seat controls. I did a search with "Luxury" as a keyword in the options box, and got one hit that didn't even have the LP. At least it's easy to tell from the listing pics.

Luxury Package with Flaxen interior and cold weather package are the only must haves. I'd actually prefer RWD, but it's highly unlikely that an RWD car would have the cold weather package.
Old 10-18-16, 09:29 AM
CBRA928
Intermediate

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

i searched for 4 months to find my white Lux package! love it!
Old 10-18-16, 11:12 AM
Dave144239
Instructor

Thanks all. I did see that you also get Sport+ mode with the Luxury Package. I prefer it to the F-Sport (for now), although I'll have to drive one of those before I make a final decision. I'm also coming across some nice CPO LS 460s...I might have to take one of those for a test drive too.
Old 10-18-16, 12:33 PM
Im2bz2p345
Instructor

Received 207 Likes on 142 Posts

If you think that's hard, try searching for a GS450h (hybrid) with the luxury package or one that is fully equipped :P I would have thought if you're searing for a used GS350 model though, you would have had more options.

I agree with the advise that spoogenet gave though, since I've came across several listings where they never even mentioned all the features/package. So unfortunately, the process may be have to be a little more manual than just typing search terms.

Best of luck,

~ Im2bz2p345
Old 10-18-16, 12:47 PM
lamikela1
Intermediate

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

When I purchased mine in April there were only 3 on the lot and I could not find any others in Houston. Got lucky as I wanted black interior and red or silver exterior. They had one red and two that were white. I checked several more times after my purchase to see if any more came in but I could not find any. They probably order them early in the year and once they are gone that's it.
Old 10-18-16, 01:09 PM
acnup00tl
Advanced

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I've seen many with the Lux package , as it took me 5 months to find the color and miles I wanted...The most common color I saw for sale with the lux package was riviera red, and I am not a fan of the burgundy color...
Old 10-18-16, 07:30 PM
w4rjd
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2016

I have a GS350 Lux Package. I totally enjoy it ever day I drive the car. Every passenger tells me how much they like it. Expensive and worth it.
Old 10-18-16, 07:44 PM
spoogenet
Lead Lap

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

If the LS is in your price range and interest, it's certainly worth a good look as well.

I'll list out my loves of the Lux package:
+ adaptive front lighting and still HID at least for the '14
+ 18-way front seats, both of 'em, super comfy
+ tan headliner (at least with Flaxen leather), I find the black of F-sport makes the car too dark

Things my car has that I also love:
+ ML sound (not standard on Lux)
+ BSM w/RCTA and power-folding mirrors
+ IPA

Things I wish my car had, but weren't deal breakers:
+ HUD
+ rear heated seats
+ VGRS, only on the F-sport RWD
+ LDH, only available on the F-sport?
+ Easier to wash wheels, OMG these 18-spoke chome wheels take too much time! (note, this can/will be fixed someday...)
Old 10-19-16, 04:52 AM
Dave144239
Instructor

Originally Posted by spoogenet
If the LS is in your price range and interest, it's certainly worth a good look as well.

I'll list out my loves of the Lux package:
+ adaptive front lighting and still HID at least for the '14
+ 18-way front seats, both of 'em, super comfy
+ tan headliner (at least with Flaxen leather), I find the black of F-sport makes the car too dark

Things my car has that I also love:
+ ML sound (not standard on Lux)
+ BSM w/RCTA and power-folding mirrors
+ IPA

Things I wish my car had, but weren't deal breakers:
+ HUD
+ rear heated seats
+ VGRS, only on the F-sport RWD
+ LDH, only available on the F-sport?
+ Easier to wash wheels, OMG these 18-spoke chome wheels take too much time! (note, this can/will be fixed someday...)
I do like the tan headliner. I guess I'm in the minority, but I hate black interiors.

Rear heated seats would be nice - I actually found one car with those and the ML audio yesterday, but it had 50k miles and the wrong color interior.

There was a time I would have had to have the ML system, but what I listen to these days doesn't require it. It would still be nice to have, though.
Old 10-19-16, 06:55 AM
r3dl4b3l
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

GS350 with Lux package as well.

What I like about the Lux Package:
Adaptive headlights
18 way seats
Built in window shades for the rear doors (Helps tremendously in this Texas heat with the rear windshield shade)

Other options I have:
ML upgrade
BSM/IPA
HUD (drove a loaner and had to readjust to looking down at the speedo, #firstworldproblems)
Old 10-19-16, 07:35 AM
DallasDave
Lead Lap

Received 119 Likes on 73 Posts

You guys with 2015 Luxury packaged cars...do they ride firm (even in normal mode)?

Quick Reply: Are there many Luxury Package cars out there?