GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

2016 GS Fsport Questions / Observations

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-16, 03:52 PM
aptekcom
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2016 GS Fsport Questions / Observations

I traded a 2013 GS Luxury back in April 2016 for a GS F-sport. Love it so far. Have 8200 miles on it so far, and so far so good.
Here are some questions / comments that i have. Curious as to what other CL members think...

1. Power Trunk - Is the only way to close it by the button on the trunk itself? The remote will not close it, nor will the button inside the car. It just beeps at me.
2. I switch back and forth between AM, FM and Satellite. For some reason, the volume levels are different. For example, when listening on AM or Satellite, the volume needs to be higher to listen comfortably, but when i switch back to FM, it is too loud...(non ML audio)
3. On the dashboard, any way to get the audio portion to always show the artist / song name? I noticed it do it once or twice, but not much else. It doesn't work while on satellite radio either.
4. It would be cool on the navigation screen to have a Doppler radar overlay.
5. It would also be cool if the camera for the safety features could display the horizon on top of the nav screen in real time!
6. They should have GS F-Sport Luxury Package. I miss some of the features i had in the Luxury (AFS, rear sunshades, rear radio controls, etc).
7. Wish the fuel gauge and temperature meters were digital like the rest of the dash.
8. Wish the traffic indicator came back. It was nice to know once i entered a destination, whether there was traffic on the route or not without having to scroll through the map..

That's it for now!

Comments? Thoughts?

Thanks!
Old 10-12-16, 05:45 PM
DallasDave
Lead Lap

Received 119 Likes on 73 Posts

1 - I wish the same thing. This forum and the local Dealer have both told me no way to make any changes. Just the button on the inside of the trunk lid. Crazy! My wife's 2010 MB lets you use any button and so did my 2011 BMW (after coding).

2 - I noticed this yesterday and was wondering if there was a way to make the volume the same. Hopefully someone will respond with positive news.

3 thru 7, I'll rely on someone else to chime in...

8 - I will be watching for responses. It's silly the way it works now (mine is a 2015).
Old 10-13-16, 09:30 PM
chemchemgm
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have rear shades in my 2016 f sport 350.
Old 10-14-16, 06:36 AM
MustangSal
Lead Lap

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

1. Power Trunk - Is the only way to close it by the button on the trunk itself? The remote will not close it, nor will the button inside the car. It just beeps at me. Nope. Just the button inside the trunk (or manually).
2. I switch back and forth between AM, FM and Satellite. For some reason, the volume levels are different. For example, when listening on AM or Satellite, the volume needs to be higher to listen comfortably, but when i switch back to FM, it is too loud...(non ML audio) Should be the last setting you had it on (for each respectively). Goes even further than those three if I remember correctly. The GS isolates the setting for your audio device/phone as well. Would be nice to have the choice to make them all conform to the same settings if you wish, but it doesn't so...
3. On the dashboard, any way to get the audio portion to always show the artist / song name? I noticed it do it once or twice, but not much else. It doesn't work while on satellite radio either. I keep the right side as audio info and the left as maps unless I am calling up something specific for each. The right column seems to say artist name info as available all the time.
4. It would be cool on the navigation screen to have a Doppler radar overlay. Doppler overlay...so you can see the rain cloud bubbles over the roadway? Seems excessive.
5. It would also be cool if the camera for the safety features could display the horizon on top of the nav screen in real time! You mean like an airplane heading indicator? What purpose would that have in a car?
6. They should have GS F-Sport Luxury Package. I miss some of the features i had in the Luxury (AFS, rear sunshades, rear radio controls, etc). Not sure about 16', but my 15' is not Lux and has AFS, Rear sunshade, and some other accoutrements (not rear radio, no manual sunshades, no right-side seat memory).
7. Wish the fuel gauge and temperature meters were digital like the rest of the dash. I like the balance of digital readout/analog leveling myself. Even the analog clock. I think gas and temps traditionally go to level guide vs digital number because you don't really need that kind of detail other than "it's hot; overheating hot", or low AF on gas. Which, you could also pinpoint by the DTE page on the dash.
8. Wish the traffic indicator came back. It was nice to know once i entered a destination, whether there was traffic on the route or not without having to scroll through the map. Can you elaborate on this?

Last edited by MustangSal; 10-14-16 at 06:39 AM.
Old 10-14-16, 09:22 AM
y2tony3
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

1. Power Trunk - Is the only way to close it by the button on the trunk itself? The remote will not close it, nor will the button inside the car. It just beeps at me. WHAT MUSTANG SAL SAID
2. I switch back and forth between AM, FM and Satellite. For some reason, the volume levels are different. For example, when listening on AM or Satellite, the volume needs to be higher to listen comfortably, but when i switch back to FM, it is too loud...(non ML audio) I might be wrong but I'm sure I am 95% right...but i believe this has to do with the way the stations are broadcasting their sound. They can broadcast in Stereo or HD stereo same as satellite radio. Just like when you watch TV and you either change channel or the show you are watching goes into commercial the sounds change. They go up or down. Don't think you can control that.
3. On the dashboard, any way to get the audio portion to always show the artist / song name? I noticed it do it once or twice, but not much else. It doesn't work while on satellite radio either. Same answer as #2. The stations broadcast the title of the songs... usually when titles don't come out is when the "DJ" is doing a live mix... so the station doesn't title it... when they leave preset songs going, those are marked and titled so you see it on your screen.
4. It would be cool on the navigation screen to have a Doppler radar overlay. I guess but it never rains in southern CA
5. It would also be cool if the camera for the safety features could display the horizon on top of the nav screen in real time! i guess... but why?
6. They should have GS F-Sport Luxury Package. I miss some of the features i had in the Luxury (AFS, rear sunshades, rear radio controls, etc).i have rear sunshades... not the other stuff...
7. Wish the fuel gauge and temperature meters were digital like the rest of the dash. i wish i had a flux capacitor and figure out how i can generate the 1.21 giggawatts
8. Wish the traffic indicator came back. It was nice to know once i entered a destination, whether there was traffic on the route or not without having to scroll through the map..haven't used navi much since i use my phone mostly but i am assuming that would be nice.
Old 10-14-16, 09:40 AM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,603 Likes on 1,021 Posts

Note that my GS is a 15, so there are nav differences, though they are not that huge.

Originally Posted by aptekcom
4. It would be cool on the navigation screen to have a Doppler radar overlay.
While you can't have the doppler overlay on the navigation map, you can still pull up a doppler weather map, so you just need to cycle between the two to get the information you are looking for.

6. They should have GS F-Sport Luxury Package. I miss some of the features i had in the Luxury (AFS, rear sunshades, rear radio controls, etc).
I tend to agree. While you can get the rear window sunshade on the F Sport, you cannot get the side window shades as on the luxury package. Those, along with the more adjustable front passenger seat, are really the only things on the luxury package I wish I could have had on the F Sport. My kids are too little for making good use of the rear seat audio controls. I'm curious how you feel about the difference in leather quality on the lux (semi-analine leather) versus the F Sport.

7. Wish the fuel gauge and temperature meters were digital like the rest of the dash.
I don't have the '16 instrument cluster so I don't have much input here, other than to say I wish I had it.

8. Wish the traffic indicator came back. It was nice to know once i entered a destination, whether there was traffic on the route or not without having to scroll through the map.
I didn't honestly notice that it doesn't have that. I'll have to double check as I thought it did.

In any case, hope you are enjoying your '16!