GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Looking at a CPO GS Question on seat comfort

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-16, 08:31 PM
spoogenet
Lead Lap

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by dan96max
That was kind of the frustrating part with the sales guy at Lexus. I looked at a Maxima at the local Nissan dealer and they were more than willing to do literally anything. To the point that the sales guy got his buyer involved and said they would make a list of the color combos, options age mileage price etc. and go get me whatever car I wanted since I had time to wait. There is a GS350 with accident damage on the car fax at a dealer that's about an hour away. Hopefully I'll get a chance to get out there and at least see how it is and then go from there. I have another 2 months before my current car has to go through emissions which it will inevitably fail so If I can't find one by then I might be going back the Infiniti dealer.
What's the latest? I agree that my overall experience with Lexus sales folks is borderline arrogance, nowhere near those of BMW. I had a salesman tell me I wouldn't find it, nor did he try to help. I took it as "hey, I make plenty of money, I don't need your business to meet my numbers, so I'll spend my time on somebody who's an easy sell." And the cars sell themselves pretty well, I do admit. But I had more specific needs, and a different dealer got my business because they had what I needed.
Old 09-30-16, 11:12 AM
dan96max
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by spoogenet
What's the latest? I agree that my overall experience with Lexus sales folks is borderline arrogance, nowhere near those of BMW. I had a salesman tell me I wouldn't find it, nor did he try to help. I took it as "hey, I make plenty of money, I don't need your business to meet my numbers, so I'll spend my time on somebody who's an easy sell." And the cars sell themselves pretty well, I do admit. But I had more specific needs, and a different dealer got my business because they had what I needed.
Sorry for the late response. I got the same vibe as if my sale wasn't worth bothering with. Out of all the dealers I have been to from Hyundai to Lexus and everything in between, that Lexus dealer was the only one that never did a follow up call. Right now my GS350 options in state are pretty slim. None of them in the price range I'm looking at have lux package while some don't even heated seats. Unfortunately the engine on my Pathfinder let go this morning so now I'm forced to get out there and find something right away. I am leaning towards maybe a used M37/Q70 but the Q50 isn't off the table either. I am going to hit the long strip of car dealers near my work this weekend and see what's out there. I'm not married to a luxury brand either so I am looking into all options.

Thanks everyone for all the help in regards to the GS350. I will update whenever I finally make a decision.